Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-10-2013, 18:41   #16
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Those of you on FB, can follow these guys on their page.

https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstitution
Just about every state had a Trucker match on DC FB page. There is even a Canadian Truckers 2 DC.

One FB page I was on had pictures of Truckers leaving and prole on the side of the intestate with signs of support.

Frinkin awesome

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 19:00   #17
Sdiver
Area Commander

The support these guys are getting is incredible.
There are shops/store/restaurants posting, "If you're traveling through "such and such" a place, stop by this store/shop/restaurant for a free meal/drink/coffee etc.

MtnGoat .... As you said, "Freakin' Awesome !!!!!"
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 22:30   #18
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

I don't know how accurate this website is, but if it is true, it shows how much power they think they have. I just wonder how far they will push until America starts to push back.

Sources within the Department of Transportation have revealed that their plan to use National Guard resources to close federally funded Interstate Route 495, circling the nation’s capital, have been approved by unknown White House officials and will be implemented on Friday morning, October 11, in order to thwart the three day Trucker slowdown announced on the Capitol Beltway starting that date, using the federal government shutdown as justification..

http://freedomleadershipconference.o...tway-tomorrow/

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 22:41   #19
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post
I don't know how accurate this website is, but if it is true, it shows how much power they think they have. I just wonder how far they will push until America starts to push back.

Sources within the Department of Transportation have revealed that their plan to use National Guard resources to close federally funded Interstate Route 495, circling the nation’s capital, have been approved by unknown White House officials and will be implemented on Friday morning, October 11, in order to thwart the three day Trucker slowdown announced on the Capitol Beltway starting that date, using the federal government shutdown as justification..

http://freedomleadershipconference.o...tway-tomorrow/
I've been seeing this floating around FB and twitter, and I saw this on the Trucker's FB page.

Quote:
Retraction from Paul Joseph Watson is as follows:[10/10/13 Demonstrators under the banner of Truckers Ride for the Constitution will arrive in DC tomorrow morning to snarl traffic as part of “a shot across the bow that will ripple across all branches of government.” 10,000 truckers are expected to continually circle the Beltway for three days, taking up two lanes and keeping a third clear to allow access for emergency vehicles.
The group said speculation that the National Guard would block the Beltway was inaccurate, stating, “The Virginia State Police are working closely with our organization and have assured us that no such orders to the National Guard exist.”
Guess we'll see if this is true or not come the morning.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 00:09   #20
PSM
Area Commander

Does the "District" of Columbia have an NG unit? If so, who is the Governor in charge? BTW, my son's NG drill this month has been cancelled due to the "slimdown". "My, my, my, said the spider to the fly."

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 00:22   #21
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Hmmm...

In order to prevent truckers from shutting down the beltway, the beltway will be shut down preemptively.
That'll show em.

Maybe the dims can be convinced to preemptively repeal the ACA so repubs can't do it...
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:49   #22
BrokenSwitch
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post
Sources within the Department of Transportation have revealed that their plan to use National Guard resources to close federally funded Interstate Route 495, circling the nation’s capital, have been approved by unknown White House officials and will be implemented on Friday morning, October 11, in order to thwart the three day Trucker slowdown announced on the Capitol Beltway starting that date, using the federal government shutdown as justification.
So they'll close the beltway to keep the beltway from closing?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:25   #23
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Does the "District" of Columbia have an NG unit? If so, who is the Governor in charge? BTW, my son's NG drill this month has been cancelled due to the "slimdown". "My, my, my, said the spider to the fly."

Pat
Pat

Glad you mentioned it. I was getting to comment on that.

The answer is NO....

I still would like to see a group of truckers do this...
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:08   #24
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Well, as of 07:00, no reports of traffic issues or increased presence of rigs around or on the beltway.....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:09   #25
MR2
Quiet Professional

Remember the Farmer shutdown during the Carter Administration? All those tractors... Only added to his woes.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:18   #26
JHD
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Pat

Glad you mentioned it. I was getting to comment on that.

The answer is NO....

I still would like to see a group of truckers do this...
I haven't heard a peep about either the MD or VA actions on trying to deter this protest. This protest, and add in the rainfall we are getting, DC will definitely be in complete and total gridlock. Add on top the Vets March. DC will be complete chaos. Good luck to those of you heading down for the march BTW. I wish I could attend, but cannot.
JHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45   #27
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Let's see how much of this makes the evening News.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:50   #28
steel_eel
Auxiliary

If "The President" orders DOT to utilize NG assets, wouldn't that be title 10 orders to active federal service?
Sounds bobo to me.
steel_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:57   #29
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_eel View Post
If "The President" orders DOT to utilize NG assets, wouldn't that be title 10 orders to active federal service?
Sounds bobo to me.
So?

When you're the King, you can arbitrarily change law at will:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/update...rticle/2535885
Old 10-11-2013, 06:16   #30
Badger52
Area Commander

WaPo article paints a lack of solidarity issue.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote