Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 04-12-2004, 15:59   #46
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Unhappy

Dammit.

If I were not leaving so soon I would place an order as well. Since I seriously doubt I can wear any of it at SFAS, although I may need to start a thread in the ISOFAC for clarification, I guess I will hold off for now.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:13   #47
Razor
Quiet Professional

If you make it through the training, there's life beyond the Q, remember.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:14   #48
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

And if it you don't make it through the Q, they can bury you in your 5.11s after The Reaper and I get through with you.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:28   #49
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Damn, I swear I cant win for losing.

I seem to be running a close second to Sacamuelas here lately.

Saca, pass the salt. This Redwing is a bit bland.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:33   #50
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

I'll take the heat off you Crip!! LOL

Three Questions for the knowledgeable:

1- Do the academy or tactical short models have belt loops sufficient for a sturdy leather belt ? From the pics, it looks like it has an elastic waist with no belt loops or very few of them. I carry IWB so I need a pair short that allows for a belt. Suggestions?

2. I assume that a 43 chest coat should order a XL vest if going to carry concealed underneath?

3. Which of the two shorts are longer?

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 04-12-2004 at 17:34.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:48   #51
Air.177
Quiet Professional

My shorts are the Tactical type and My Blackhawk 1.75" instructor belt fits just fine. I believe that the Academy shorts are shorter.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 16:53   #52
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
I'll take the heat off you Crip!! LOL

Three Questions for the knowledgeable:

1- Do the academy or tactical short models have belt loops sufficient for a sturdy leather belt ? From the pics, it looks like it has an elastic waist with no belt loops or very few of them. I carry IWB so I need a pair short that allows for a belt. Suggestions?

2. I assume that a 43 chest coat should order a XL vest if going to carry concealed underneath?

3. Which of the two shorts are longer?

I don't want to get a pair of shorts that look like I was a member of SOLID's favorite 80's group WHAM!!! I gonna have to have FAITH that you guys will tell me the correct information and "wake me up" before I go make a bad decision
Crip:

I have spoken with G Company today and they would like for you to report to SFAS in 5.11 tactical shorts and a Polo Shirt. Something about treating you like the pool boy they caught at therir house, or something like that.

Sac:

1. Maybe my eyes are worse than I thought, but every pair I see seem to have belt loops just adjacent to the closing snap. I suspect that they are the same as the tactical pants, and have fewer, but wider loops than regular slacks. I am currently wearing mine with a 1.75" Kramer Horsehide belt holding up my pants and a Para P12 in a Kramer MSP Horsehide holster.

2. You may be GTG with a Large, I am a 46 jacket and need at least an XL, if not a XXL. According to their size chart, you should be in a Large, at the most.

3. If you went to the 511tactical.com web site and did a little research, you would discover that the respective size panels list the Tactical Short at a 9" inseam, and the Bluewater Short at a 6.5" inseam. Assuming that your wife/Mom do not buy all of your clothes for you, which do you think is longer?

Seriously, I would recommend that you look at the web site and visit a local store that carries 5.11 gear and try them on. How far are you from Ft. Polk? There has to be something of value around that place.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 17:30   #53
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Air.177
OK folks, the quantities as posted have been submitted to the powers that be and we should have prices soon. His response when I handed him the list was simply, "DAMN" I suppose he didn't realize I wasn't messin around on this deal!
So he thinks this is a lot of stuff?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 17:34   #54
Air.177
Quiet Professional

I think he just didn't realize what I meant when I said that I had some friends who wanted to order some 5.11 stuff. My only response was,"Go Big or Go Home"
Old 04-16-2004, 12:02   #55
Air.177
Quiet Professional

OK Prices Minus Shipping are as follows. Shipping will be figured on an individulal basis. Any problems should be addressed to 5.11. I am not able to offer any customer service other than to give out 5.11's contact info.

Vests: $35.00
Pants: $35.00
Shorts: $22.00
Tactical Polos: $24.00
Professional Polo: $28.00
long sleeve shirts: $35.00
Short Sleeve shirt: $30.00

let me know if these will do
Old 04-16-2004, 13:16   #56
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Go.

You want a CC number, Paypal, what?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 13:32   #57
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Will advise shortly on payment details
Old 04-16-2004, 13:34   #58
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Go.

You want a CC number, Paypal, what?

TR
Ditto.

Don't you want to do this in the group buy thread?
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 13:54   #59
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Ditto.

Don't you want to do this in the group buy thread?
What for that's where it's AT !!! Jeesh get some coffee.
Old 04-16-2004, 14:24   #60
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Good to go Air make the order...and advise on payment when you know.

Thank you for doing this for us!
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote