Old 01-22-2004, 19:58   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

MLCS

My MLCS, from Eagle, minus a few pieces yet.

Level II only, the Level I goes on a riggers belt with HSGI Suspenders.

So far, very comfortable to wear, with or without a plate, bib up, or down.

Currently rigged as an 'H-type" strap configuration, vs. the 'X-type' it was originally in.

Looking to add a different front 5.56 mag shingle with PALs webbing for a pistol mag shingle, upper left zippered utility pouch and a small hydration carrier on the back.

Odd items are the Modified Fugly on the bib, and the Loppy on the lower left for expended mags or foraging.

What are you guys wearing to the ball?

TR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_0106_185307aab.jpg (46.5 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by The Reaper; 01-22-2004 at 22:24.
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 20:30   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL - great minds...I just ordered the suspenders and ER is waiting on me for the fugly. Looks like a great set up. Come a long way from the pistol belt and LBE suspenders.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 20:33   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

And whats wrong with LBE suspenders?
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 20:36   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL - nothing, its all I ever had. But LOOK at that vest!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-22-2004, 20:42   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by HFCUIDOC
LOL - great minds...I just ordered the suspenders and ER is waiting on me for the fugly. Looks like a great set up. Come a long way from the pistol belt and LBE suspenders.
Tell Eggroll to reverse the extra accessory pouch on yours so that it opens to the left rather than to the right.

Then ask him to come visit here, if you would be so kind.

Jefe:

The rig is not really for patrolling, but for some old guy getting rolled out of the office to man up on the periemeter during an attack or someone to hop a convoy for a few hours.

I still have my patrolling harness, which is fine for a couple of days in the woods, if I had to do it.

The operational environment in the box right now is such that a unit is not likely to be in contact without support for more than a few minutes. This rig is essentially a combat load for a short period, which is convenient to don with a chest plate installed.

If I was walking patrols In Afghanistan, I would probably hump significantly more ammo.

This will suffice for an old staff guy.
Old 01-22-2004, 21:28   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'd wear that thing to church, its too pretty to take to the woods.

Will do SFG and thanks for the tips.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 01-26-2004, 18:56   #7
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Gear Maker

I saw some new gear put together by one of the NCOs from 7th Grp. His name is Rick B. (didn't want to put his whole name and specific rank on here). Those of you currently from 7th Grp probably know him. He told us that he was going to be "open for business" next month. I saw some of his gear and one of his rigs looked very much like TR's image in the first post. I like the quality of the stuff he showed us. When he gets on with opening for business I'll let you guys know (and might attach some images on here).
Old 01-29-2004, 17:43   #8
eggroll
Guerrilla

Don't fear the Reaper!

Do you need that strobe pouch opening reversed? If so, I'll send another one out to you posthaste and you can return that one. Are the other two pouches positioned OK?

I am still juggling that 9 M4 mag carrier idea of yours but am at a loss for maintaining retention when mags are extracted.

THX
EGG
Old 01-29-2004, 18:21   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by eggroll
I am still juggling that 9 M4 mag carrier idea of yours but am at a loss for maintaining retention when mags are extracted.

THX
EGG
Appreciate the offer.

Elastic webbing at the top, or better yet, shock cord.

See Razor for concepts.

Only other pouch of yours there is the Loppy, and I wish I could mount it to just the bottom row of PALs.

Nice MJK match, don't you think?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 01-29-2004, 19:02   #10
eggroll
Guerrilla

thats what I am talking about as you have a bungee over the mags in place, when mags are extracted, that elastic tension will lessen, the quest is for a constant tensioning method.
Old 01-29-2004, 19:25   #11
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Is that carrying the 9 side-by-side?

If so what about inserting dividers then using the elastic webbing at the top to create friction to keep them in place.

JD

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 19:35   #12
eggroll
Guerrilla

I suppose thats a possibility, however my goal is to keep the cost down in material and build time.

CRIC - If I read you right, you're looking at bullets forward akin to the TA50 mag pouches dividers in between and bungee from each divider?

Reaper - Please correct if I am wrong on this, but wern't you envisioning bullet to the side orientation?

interesting? I'll have to look again at this.

EGG sends
Old 01-29-2004, 19:41   #13
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Eggroll:

When I read 9 mags I only invisioned ammo forward. Sorry if I was wrong.

On the 9-ammo sideways is that 3 rows of 3?

JD

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 20:02   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by eggroll
Reaper - Please correct if I am wrong on this, but wern't you envisioning bullet to the side orientation?
EGG sends
3 columns of 3 M-4 mag cells, ammo facing side to side. Same dimensions front to rear, but I don't plan to carry that way.

Top flaps with Velcro and snap closures capable of being stowed to the rear for easy access to the mags.

Shock cord from back to front across tops of mags to retain them.

Two rows of PALs low on the front to add a 4x or 5x pistol mag shingle.

How is that?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 01-29-2004, 20:11   #15
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

What I used in A-stan, is regular RBA with molle pouches attached to the vest. I had a basic load on the vest with 2 utility pouches to carry odds and ends. Then in my vehicle I had a Tactical Tailor chest vest with another basic load and some extra goodies. If I had to dismount the vehicle to go up into the hills after someone, I dumped my RBA and threw the TT vest on. Much lighter and easier to hump.
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote