Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 10-18-2016, 14:25   #2206
Alexkujo
Asset

Intro

Hello all,

Active duty, 35P(98G), former support guy at 1-10. Request permission to sit by the fire.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:18   #2207
dm999607
Asset

Introduction

Hi all,

Current 11A, SFAS date June 2017 following return from deployment. Possibly asking to move forward to April as it looks like I'll return earlier than expected. Looking forward to picking up tips through the forums.

Cheers.
dm999607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:55   #2208
A camp 107
Asset

introduction

my name is Paul A. Im proud to be welcomed in the company of good men such as your selves. Im a 49 yr old toolmaker who grew up surrounded by the SF mission. My father was an incredible warrior. I spent many of m days as a youth on most of the drop zones at ft.Bragg, or fishingon lake rim, and wandering the surrounding woods,or local pawn shops. I joined this group to hear your great stories,to better appreciate the jobs that you ,the Q.P.'s have done. Also i would like to see if any of the more senior warriors might have known my dad.I know he was in the 77th at Bad Tolz back in the day. [ 1954-1964] eta.Also spent time in 82nd[strike-hold], then 70's and 80's
B 2nd 11thSFGA , Youngstown. Ive eaten a few meals at the Brown Derby there. I remember on Wednesdays there was a jump at Mansfield[lahm field] i used to set up the DZ , panels and strobes. I would keep count of the stick, always knew when my dad was coming out, didnt want to look stupid and approach the wrong guy in the dark ya know.... Anyway , Im rambling now.
Im honored to be welcomed to your group.
Paul Angelove
A camp 107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 18:36   #2209
Arty93
Asset

Introduction

My name is Tom. I'm and E-4 13D. I've been in for 3 years and I am getting in touch with my local recruiter this week. Here to learn.

Thanks
Arty93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 18:50   #2210
WaldJaeger
Asset

Introduction

My name is Eric. My grandfather, a German-Jewish immigrant, fought in WWII and taught me German as a child. I joined the Army Reserve in 2009 and after three years realized it wasn't what I wanted and asked my command for a conditional release, which the refused to grant. I'm now close enough to ETS that they'll sign off on it. Ultimately, I hope to be assigned to 10th Group, as I speak two European languages and am learning Polish as well. Any advice on how to make 10th group a more certain thing are appreciated. Thank you for all that you do.
WaldJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 13:18   #2211
Kahl
Asset

Introduction

Hi

Last edited by Kahl; 11-21-2016 at 05:15. Reason: deletion
Kahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 18:40   #2212
CANUCK79
Asset

Introductions

Hello!

My name is Scott, I'm an regular, vice reserve, member of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), working in the operations branch of Canadian Special Operations Forces Command HQ (CANSOFCOM HQ) as a supporter. I am a Maritime Surface/ Sub-Surface Officer(MARS O) by training.

I've joined to learn as much as I can from the members here, so that I can learn from your experience and apply those lessons to my work and preparations for selection into one of our SOF units.

My own experience has been mainly conventional, therefore I don't expect that I will post to the board. However, if you have any questions about CANSOFCOM, Canadian Armed Forces, or the RCN feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge; and for your sacrifices in the service of your country/the world.

V/R

Scott

"We will find a way!"

Last edited by CANUCK79; 10-25-2016 at 23:34.
CANUCK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:54   #2213
Mikhail167
Asset

Best solutions for personal growth

Firstly I would like to say thank you to all the people present and in our memories who have given themselves time and time again, for the betterment of us as a nation, and as a world.

My name is Mikhail, and I am 24 years old. Like in my about me, I was born in Russia and am blessed to have the family that has adopted me at a young age.
I want to honor my parents and honor my dreams.

I am currently looking into joining the Army, and I want to push myself to achieve the title of "Green Beret". I know it will be a huge ass-kicker and I will learn a lot about myself I never even knew, but that just makes me want it more. It has been my dream since I was in 2nd grade to become a SF soldier, and I won’t let anything stand in my way.

I have done research on GB, and other SF communities within our military, but becoming "Green Beret" is what resonates deeply within myself and my core beliefs.

I would be honored if anyone would give me the opportunity to learn more about what it takes, what to do, and what to look for so that I can build on myself and achieve my dream and really take my life to the next level. I understand that become a "Green Beret" requires a mindset of self-confidence, a tough mental fortitude. I don't want to just rely on having that mindset as my only skill that I am taking into it. I want to learn from those who have been there and done it, so I can relate in a better way than just assuming from an outside prospective.

You guys are the experts and know what's best, thank you for your time and this opportunity.

Mikhail
Mikhail167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 16:42   #2214
Windandrain
Asset

Introduction

My name is Will, I'm a sophomore in college, and I'm majoring in cellular-molecular biology. I'm planning to complete my degree and enlist with an 18x contract the following summer. I signed up so I could use the search function and learn as much as I can from this website. Thank you.

25m: Keep my scholarships and stay in shape.
50m: Graduate and Enlist.
100m: Get Selected.

Last edited by Windandrain; 11-15-2016 at 05:28.
Windandrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:55   #2215
TheCraftyBall
Asset

Hello!

Very excited to be here! I am 27, recently married, and am assembling my packet to sign a Rep-63 contract. Looking forward to reviewing and contributing to this site as much as possible.
TheCraftyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 00:21   #2216
mrkim
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Kim. I'm 24 years old and I have been in the USMCR since 2011 and my contract is coming to an end. I'm currently talking to an Army recruiter about an 18x contract because MARSOC is not taking any applicants from the reserve side. I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice and am hoping to get the ball rolling on my lat move early next year, 2017XXXX. I am hoping to take away some guidance from the veterans here regarding my lat move, what to expect, tips, ODA culture, and will also be posting my training plan ( a cross between thor3 and selected!). Thank you.
"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” -Heraclitus

Last edited by mrkim; 11-13-2016 at 00:40.
mrkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:32   #2217
Kat
Asset

My name is Kat, am currently located in So California. My interest is in military history, now looking to go beyond Navy/Marine Corps which is what I'm most familiar with. I am here to observe and learn as I have no personal military experience.

Last edited by Kat; 11-14-2016 at 06:35.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 14:29   #2218
MissouriNative
Asset

Hi all, been lurking around for awhile. Figured I should make my intro post. Look forward to meeting and learning a lot from some experienced and interesting individuals.

Little about me, I'm 24 years old, married with two kids. Did my time on active duty as a paratrooper. Thought it would be better for my family if I ETS'd. Clearly a mistake, home isn't what it used to be, miss it everyday. My wife does too, though she hates to admit it

Plan to try and get an 18X contract when I finish my National Guard contract in 2018, so I have a little training time.

-J
MissouriNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:33   #2219
Axman15
Asset

Introduction

Former infantry Marine. Here to read up and utilize the shared knowledge of the board members.

Last edited by Axman15; 12-15-2016 at 07:40.
Axman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:19   #2220
SandyVagina
Asset

Introduction

Prior service, 82nd Airborne, 11C.

Last edited by SandyVagina; 12-03-2016 at 15:02.
SandyVagina is offline   Reply With Quote