Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-30-2010, 13:55   #16
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

As much as it pains me. IMO, the FBI is close on this one. More like someone disgruntle against the Military as a whole. Marine Museum has a lot of cover around it. Maybe not a Marine target but just Military Target. Pentagon would be easy also.
Old 10-30-2010, 14:31   #17
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
There were times when I wanted to send a few rounds down range towards that five-sided, cubby-filled, concrete squirrel cage myself.

Richard's $.02
Now that's funny,really funny,made me LMAO.........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 15:06   #18
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
The same FBI who said the DC Sniper was probably a White Male in his late twenties. The same FBI who has literally gotten away with murder.
The same FBI, who has some of it's "Training," done by an un-vetted soldier, named Hillar!!!

Scary, IMHO.

Holly

P.S.....And the MSM is having a field day with this one for sure....Calling it, "A disgruntled Marine," etc.....when they don't know sh*t about it! Pisses me off!!!!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 16:33   #19
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
P.S.....And the MSM is having a field day with this one for sure....Calling it, "A disgruntled Marine," etc.....when they don't know sh*t about it! Pisses me off!!!!
Holly,

I think we need more "disgruntled Marines" in the MSM. They have a quaint way of policing their own, and I don't think they'd let random speculation like that last for long.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06   #20
CSB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
... the FBI appealed to the public for help in locating a possibly disgruntled Marine ...
Like that would narrow it down any ...

Scene, a formation at Quantico, VA:

CAPT: "OK, all Marines who are gruntled, step forward.
You still in the back row, report to the FBI."

=====
=====

GUNNY SERGEANT: "Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine!"

USMC PRIVATE: "Then why do I have to reenlist?"
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:17   #21
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Anyone see a disgruntled Coastie around recently?

Quote:
FBI: Gunfire at Virginia recruiting center linked to other incidents
By the CNN Wire Staff
November 4, 2010 2:24 p.m. EDT

Washington (CNN) -- Ballistic tests have linked a shooting at a Coast Guard recruiting office in Virginia to four other shootings at military facilities last month, the FBI said Wednesday.

FBI spokesman Andrew Ames provided no other immediate details.

The latest incident was reported Tuesday morning after a bullet struck the recruiting office, housed in a Woodbridge strip mall.

The description was "relatively similar" to October cases in which shots were fired at the Pentagon, the National Museum of the Marine Corps and a vacant Marine recruiting station, said 1st Sgt. Kim Chinn, spokeswoman for Prince William County police.

"Employees of the Coast Guard recruiting station called to tell us there was some damage to the glass, and police arrived and determined it was probably done by a bullet," Chinn said.

No one has been injured in any of the incidents, including when six shots were fired at the Pentagon early on October 19.

Ballistics tests connected the Pentagon gunfire to shots aimed at the Marine museum on October 17 and 29, as well as to an October 25 case in which shots were fired at a Marine Corps recruiting station in Chantilly, near Washington Dulles International Airport.

Chinn would not say how many bullets were found at the scene Tuesday. The Coast Guard referred questions to the FBI, saying it is taking the lead in the investigation.

The Pentagon Force Protection Agency declined comment on the shooting.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/03/...iref=allsearch

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Old 11-06-2010, 13:51   #22
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
Anyone see a disgruntled Coastie around recently?

How about a Coastie with a DADT discharge??

Judge rules ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ unconstitutional
By Andy Birkey | 09.10.10 | 8:19 am

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 16:18   #23
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
the FBI appealed to the public for help in locating a possibly disgruntled Marine ...
Too funny, ya everyone I work with at some point during the day.
Old 11-06-2010, 16:31   #24
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Is there any other kind?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:43   #25
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Funny how they're not looking for a disgruntled civilian who was rejected by the military.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:09   #26
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Guess the religion.... > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDjGBNuiGk

Quote:
..no one knows for sure what led Melaku — a naturalized U.S. citizen from Ethi*o*pia, local high school graduate and former Marine Corps Reservist — down that path or what message he was trying to send.
Islam maybe Hmmmm.

More here: http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/210923.php
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:19   #27
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
[QUOTE=T-Rock;432847]Guess the religion.... >

Quote:
..no one knows for sure what led Melaku — a naturalized U.S. citizen from Ethi*o*pia, local high school graduate and former Marine Corps Reservist — down that path or what message he was trying to send.[/url]

Shirley,, he can't be of the Lost Israelite Tribe of Dan??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote