Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 08-22-2016, 17:36   #2176
Smitty11
Asset

Introdcution

I am a 26 year old 13F in the TXNG. Prior Air Force. Here to learn as much as I can
Smitty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 21:37   #2177
LUNK173
Asset

Checking in

Retired Army (1987-2012) (Reserves, Active, Guard and AGR). Former 11B, O5H, 79T and 31C. Numerous assignments to include 12th SFG(A), 3/10th (Devens) and 2/19th SFG(A). Former SOT-A guy 3/10h SFG(A) and 173rd LRSD. Just checking in to be manifested and to listen and learn new TTP's and soak in the humor. Thanks ahead of time. AR SK SK

Last edited by LUNK173; 08-22-2016 at 22:06.
LUNK173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:30   #2178
jttsimo
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

Thank you for creating and maintaining this great source! I am currently stationed at Fort Carson and am preparing to attend a SFAS class this October. Thank you so very much for your service to the United States of America!

Best Regard,
James
jttsimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:42   #2179
Sire24657
Asset

It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to throw my intro out here (again)..

Gulf War I vet, former linguist.

Does anyone here know about China Post 1, American Legion? I'm getting ready to become a member and just wanted to throw it out there...

Last edited by Sire24657; 08-25-2016 at 12:30.
Sire24657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 19:40   #2180
patjhess
SF Candidate

Intro For Pat Hess

Hey QP's and all others reading.

My name is Pat Hess, I'm 26 years old. I was in the Navy from 08'-12'. I was an "SK" or "LS." I got to try my hand at EOD And Diver life while deployed on CVN-75 in 2010. Tried to rate(mos) convert but since I made E-5 I was an asset to my division and was denied. Decided to try my hand at the blue to green program and started looking into SF. That's when I decided what I truly wanted, to stand among the best, to try out for U.S. Army Special Forces.

I have been out since then and was nervous about going back in, but after coaching crossfit for a few years and then opening my own; CrossFit 1803- which I sold. One thing kept popping into my mind. I wasn't fulfilling my purpose, it eats at me.

I am working with a recruiter, as of 20160808. Went to MEPS 20160822, was cleared physically for Airborne. My grade determination was sent, they said since I didn't have any remaining MSO time I'd lose a grade (got out as an E5.) After reading on here, I asked my recruiter about waivers and if he could speak to his "guy" and it did the trick. Currently "someone higher than usarec is looking into it and I will know soon." Hope to keep E5 but All I'm truly focused on right now is smoking the entrance APFT and signing my contract and taking that oath to defend this land I love, once again.

I tell people I dont't want to be an old man, sitting there on my porch thinking "I should have tried to stand among men." So now I'm doing it, regardless of outcome, "Cast or Tab."

Will post ship date for 18x when I have it.

Thanks QP for all of the outstanding reading in this forum.

Last edited by patjhess; 08-25-2016 at 19:50.
patjhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 21:57   #2181
Chubby525
Asset

Thanks for having me

I am 26 years old and currently serve with the 75th Ranger Regiment. I have always been very interested in SF, and have a few good buddies in the ranks or in the Q course. I joined the site to learn about SF and stay up to date. Thanks again for having me!
Chubby525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:11   #2182
socdoc18
Asset

My New Job

What's happening Gentlemen? I've actually been a member on here since around 2009 but haven't posted much. Mostly use the site to educate myself on what is happening around the community.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've recently retired out of 5th SFG(A). I am staying around the Fort Campbell and Clarksville area and have acquired my Real Estate license. So if you're headed out to Fort Campbell and/or 5th SFG(A) give me a holler and let me help you find a home out here.

Look at it as 5th Group helping 5th Group.

Y'all can reach me at 931-401-0956 My name is Mark and yes you can vet me with any 5th Group people you might know.

ODAs 535/532/5132/5126/ASC Ops Warrant
socdoc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 23:10   #2183
UwharrieGuy47
Asset

Introduction

I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric. I am in my late forties, live about forty minutes from the Asheboro airport in Uwharrie. I have done a huge amount of backpacking and hiking in my life in the Uwharries, goin back to 1982/1983 when I was in Scouts.

Because of that, I have known about Robin Sage for decades, I periodically run into some of your guys in Uwharrie. I have even thought about volunteering as a civilian for Robin Sage, but probably never will now because I am older. I even got invited to drive trucks for them once, twenty five years ago but I was a younger, different guy back then.

I was down in the Birkhead Wilderness area Monday in fact, did a five miler with pack in my old age of 47. Ive seen some monster Timber rattlesnakes down there over the years, including one gigantic monster three years ago.

Ive also been to Camp Mackall a few times, all before 911. First time was in 1986 my Senior year in high school. The buildings were still tar paper shacks...made an impression on me because it was primitive appearing. Have not seen the place since 911 since Bragg got all uptight for obvious reasons. Been to the Airborne/Special Operations museum once, back in the early 2000s...pretty cool exhibits I need to make a trip back.

Ive always been a big fan of the British 22 SAS Regiment, again going back to my teenage years. Read a lot of SAS books over my life. Despite this, I never wanted to be in SF or anything. Although I find the unit interesting, sometimes.

I did have an Army recruiter attempt hard to recruit me into an SF reserve unit, way on back in 1986. It was a Winston Salem SF reserve unit, near where I live. He knew I ran high school cross country and the two miler in track and liked backpacking and outdoor stuff, evidently he thought I'd do OK in the SF reserve unit as a support guy.

He tried to get me to enlist the spring of my junior year in HS and go to basic the summer between my junior and Senior year. Then be a reservist my Senior year and maybe do SF reserves after high school graduation. I turned him down for reasons I wont go into, but I look back on it and realize I turned down a potential good deal and I regret not taking him up on his offer. Thats one of the things in my life I regret not doing. That guy was offering me a clear takeoff into the Airborne/SF community and I did not take him up on it.

My understanding is that Winston reserve SF unit is no longer around, it got absorbed into some other SF unit at Camp Dawson, WV about two decades ago?

Anyway, I bow down to most of you SF guys as I realize this is your forum.
UwharrieGuy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 17:58   #2184
TJ11B
Auxiliary

Introduction

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

My name is TJ and I am 32 y/o and ex Army (3rd Inf. TOG E. Co. 01-05), have always dreamed of becoming & looked up to SF guys. We had a 1SG who had his beret and I always thought, he was the coolest, high speed dude I've ever known. I let bad decisions while I was in the Army (ex-wife) prevent me from actually taking a shot at selection. Had a guy from my platoon get his beret. Not sure if he's a member of this forum.

Upon the leaving the military I worked towards and earned my B.S. in Civil Engineering. I am currently working as a Civil Engineer in Training and am on track to have my Professional Engineering License in the State of Texas early next year sometime.

I just wanted to try to make sure and abide by all the forum rules/OPSEC in making my post and would also like to thank each and every one you guys for what you have done and continue to do for this great nation we live in.

Last edited by TJ11B; 09-07-2017 at 09:35. Reason: Typos/Clarity
TJ11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 19:27   #2185
Hendo
Asset

Introduction

Good Evening Gentlemen,

My name is Mark aka "Hendo" (last name abbreviated), I'm 28 years old and currently a student at University of South Florida majoring in International Studies with a minor in Intelligence Studies. I'm a former Marine. I did 5 years active duty as a SIGINT collector/communicator, and have recently transferred to the FLARNG after a break in service. Right now I'm slotted as a 35M awaiting to attend MOS school and then following on for my language training at DLI. Right now I'm assigned to 53rd IBCT HHC, drilling in the 2 shop, however I do hope after becoming MOSQd to transfer to 20th Group as Support, with hopes of one day attending SFRE/SFAS when I think I'm prepared enough for it. The Green Berets are initially what got me interested in joining the military. I'd kicked around the idea of joining the military in high school, but I remember watching "Inside the Green Berets" by National Geographic in 2007 and I knew then and there that's what I wanted to do. I looked into joining the Army under a SF contract and new that at the time my physical fitness and discipline would not get me there, so in my mind I would do the next best thing and join the Marines. I look forward to learning a lot from everything this board and it's members have to offer.

Respectfully,

-Hendo
Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 23:14   #2186
Anvil321
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

I am a 20 year old college student at Liberty University currently doing online courses for a CJ Degree. I am working as an EMT-B in Private Transport and doing volunteer 911 at a nearby town. My goal is to become an 18D. I hope to learn much from my time here.
Anvil321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:19   #2187
Bison
Asset

Hello all. My name is Michael. I joined the Air Force back in 2006 with the idea that Security Forces would allot me my scratch for an itch I had. I missed my basic date due to a vehicle accident and was moved from my Security Forces spot. When I was healed I shipped out as a Bioenvironmental Engineering Tech which is pretty close to what the 74D (CBRN) guys do in the Army. I am more than great at my job but 10 years later I still have a calling for something else. The idea of not only protecting people that couldn't otherwise do that for themselves but also teaching them how to take their matters into their own hands is something that exactly fits my draw in life. I am currently in the process of switching from blue to green in the NG (I am full time ANG right now) and the first chance I have, going to SFRE and so forth. I want nothing more than to be an 18B with the 20th in Al. I will not take up much time with questions, just here to learn and observe.

One final note, I highly look up to you guys and look forward to the opportunity to prove myself. Thank you for what you do!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:07   #2188
BurtonQ
Asset

Introduction

My name is Quinton Burton. I'm a college student at Lansing Community College who is in the process of transferring to CMU to earn a BA in Psychology. I'm also currently serving in the Army National Guard as a 15T. The love of my country and burning desire to serve and be apart of something bigger than myself is my primary reason for joining this site and gathering information from true professionals who've "been there, done that". I've had the dream and desire to join the ranks of the US Army Special Forces for a few years but it was important that I finished school before I began to head down that path. Now that my time as a college student is coming to a close it is important that I continue training, becoming more proficient at soldiering and learn what I can from Quiet Professionals themselves. Thank you for this opportunity and your time.
BurtonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 22:03   #2189
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Intro

A former 18B who got to play around in the sandbox in the mid 90's for a couple of years on 532. Spent some more time in the same AO '03 to '07 and during that time had the pleasure of working with some teams again, as a civilian. Instructed Protective Services for a year in Leonard Wood and then found myself in Montana. Have had my SFA application sitting on my desk for couple of years now and will go ahead and get it sent in too (procrastination being a bad fault of mine).
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:20   #2190
CC4Operators
Asset

Hi, this introduction will be a bit different the most. This username represents a group of current and former "Operators" who are working on creating a Federal law that will allow us to nationally conceal carry.

With that being said, a thread in General Discussions will be started to discuss this matter. Thanks.