Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 08-31-2016, 20:29   #31
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomy View Post
It's a free country (more or less). He can say what he wants. The Free Market will respond accordingly.

I could shit care less about 99% of "sports heroes". My heroes were always standing in the ranks beside me.

How 'bout a hymn in his honor?

"Hymn, Him, Fuck Him..."
I agree 100%

I still think that he did this because he is on thin ice and might have not made the preseason cut. By doing this he was setting him self up for a "Hay they cut me because I stood up for a cause and I was a activist and a black man that the white NFL slave owners did not like". Just my take....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 21:10   #32
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
I agree 100%

I still think that he did this because he is on thin ice and might have not made the preseason cut. By doing this he was setting him self up for a "Hay they cut me because I stood up for a cause and I was a activist and a black man that the white NFL slave owners did not like". Just my take....
Maybe it was partially because he was pussy-whipped. Got his nose into some activist and went full retard.

It's happened to better men...
Old 08-31-2016, 21:48   #33
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Where's the Joe Montana face palm meme?

I support every professional athlete that falls on their sword for social justice. It's even better on national television. In what other country could you disrespect, disagree and promote your idyllic ideology and not wind up missing by morning?

Ain't aMErica great!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 14:22   #34
bblhead672
Area Commander

Colin Kaepernick caught wearing socks showing 'pig' cops

The story won't die...
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/0...-pig-cops.html
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 22:03   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

National Felons League living up to its title

Yeah, and if the "Americans" that watch football just shut it off for 2 weeks Kaepernick would be asking folks if he can "biggie size that for you?"

America is half dead and the other half doesn't give a shit about anything anymore, well, except themselves.
Old 09-01-2016, 23:20   #36
Dive08
Quiet Professional

I know there is a difference for sure but I do understand the sentiment given in this attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14192007_1088675141168871_7632902064640693108_n.jpg (72.6 KB, 92 views)
Dive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:18   #37
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive08 View Post
I know there is a difference for sure but I do understand the sentiment given in this attachment.
Been out of the Army a loooong time. I’ve been told by folks who’ve ETS’d not so long ago that there is no longer a requirement stop and exit their vehicles anymore. Is that so?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:29   #38
Sohei
Area Commander

We never had to exit our vehicles. We had to stop, but that was it.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:34   #39
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
Been out of the Army a loooong time. I’ve been told by folks who’ve ETS’d not so long ago that there is no longer a requirement stop and exit their vehicles anymore. Is that so?
You really have been out a loooong time. Yes, in the early '80s that was protocol on at least Ft. Riley, KS. Especially if you were driving a military vehicle. If you could see or hear the cannon, the Flag or the music, you stopped, exited the vehicle and rendered a hand salute when in uniform. The whole post came to a brief halt and you stood there until movement began again.

'Course the Army let us drink beer with lunch two (too) we must have been more disciplined back then than today's crop of soldiers.

At a Kaserne in Germany (1982) we had a young man (SP4 on his own) that played Tattoo (Taps) on trumpet every night at 22:00 rain hail or snow. Damn near everyone stopped what they were doing and rendered a salute to where the flagpole stood. Honorable times!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 13:35   #40
Box
Quiet Professional

"insert long winded diatribe here"

....fuck c0lin kaPernick
fuck him right in his,
well.... fuck him right in his colon

coincidentally...
a c0linoscopy is a process were they point a camera at an asshole
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 14:15   #41
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
^ He looks like a Sigmoid to me

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:45   #42
TrapLine
Guerrilla

I liked the response by Team USA's hockey coach John Tortorella. "If any of my players sit on the bench for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game."
Old 09-07-2016, 07:50   #43
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapLine View Post
I liked the response by Team USA's hockey coach John Tortorella. "If any of my players sit on the bench for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game."
I like that! Good for him for saying it. After all, everyone else says what they feel.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:00   #44
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapLine View Post
Let's see how long he sticks with that once the PC crowd, BLM and other lefty groups start demanding his retraction or resignation.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:00   #45
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Let's see how long he sticks with that once the PC crowd, BLM and other lefty groups start demanding his retraction or resignation.
They don't hold too much sway over hockey - I wish the same sentiment was held by the coaches for all teams representing the country (e.g. Women's national soccer team and others).
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote