Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 19:55   #61
FrankS
On Probation

http://www.hooah4health.com/4You/APF...oring_0299.pdf

This chart shows that you need more to score in my age group 37-41 than you do for the 17-21 does that seem right?
Old 06-23-2005, 20:00   #62
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS
This chart shows that you need more to score in my age group 37-41 than you do for the 17-21 does that seem right?
gettin' old ain't for sissies...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 06-23-2005, 20:21   #63
FrankS
On Probation

Hooah!

Hooah!
Quote:
gettin' old ain't for sissies...
I found my new signature, lolol
Old 06-23-2005, 20:32   #64
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Hooah! I found my new signature, lolol
you're just a pup...hell, when i was your age...hell, when was i your age...?
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 06-23-2005, 20:45   #65
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
you're just a pup...hell, when i was your age...hell, when was i your age...?
LOL Good one. I needed that.
Old 06-23-2005, 20:55   #66
lksteve
Quiet Professional

don't laugh too hard...you're right behind me...

Last edited by lksteve; 06-23-2005 at 20:57. Reason: idiocy...
Old 06-23-2005, 22:40   #67
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Just saw age analysis from the Special Ops Recruiting Company Commander today. It was age vs grad at SFAS...

Showed 18 yr olds had lowest, with it steadily improving to age 22, where it plateau'd to age 28, then a slight drop..and an increase to age 32. The chart stopped at age 32.

The increases over age 28 are somewhat artificial as it was a percentage and there only 1-2 guys that age, but they made it...

Good news for the old guys.

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 07-07-2005 at 17:24.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21   #68
FrankS
On Probation

Talking Crap.

Old guys at 28? LOL geez this is getting worse everytime I log in. Still talking to the recruiter waiting for a prior service bonus to come up I missed the last one by two weeks. Looks like I also just missed out on a good FPO contract, this is not my month.
Old 07-07-2005, 17:26   #69
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

My roommate in the SFQC made it through SFAS at 42... Just mind over matter.

He could ruck all day long...was built like a bear and as long as they fed the bear, he kept walking...
Old 07-08-2005, 22:48   #70
FrankS
On Probation

The Plan

Ok Gentlemen, here's is my plan of action. The contract that I have been hoping for has not materialized so I am comitting myself to the US Army, I dont want to come off as a prick but I don't like being told that I am living a pipe dream. I am going into 19D for one year and then going SF. I have scored pretty good on the asvab to get just about any job I want, the only thing standing in my way is myself at this point. I carefully evaluated the PT portion and if I step it up a bit I can achieve the 300 for age 17-21 within the next year, which puts everything into perspective. I have to work twice as hard as a 20 year old, but I want this twice as bad as a 21 year old. I appreciate all the guidance and advice provided by the best soldiers in the world. I wish you all the best and from an old salt I appreciate what you guys are doing and have done for me and mine.

Thanks , Frank

I will be back as time allows.
Old 07-09-2005, 23:27   #71
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Congrats and Best of luck.

Would have encouraged you to go 11X if you couldn't get 18X. 19D is not a bad alternative...I worked with a bunch of them while I was an LT with 3rd Armored Cav...pretty good group....did well in the field.

Just curious what made you pick that over 11B?

When do you ship?

JM
Old 07-10-2005, 00:14   #72
FrankS
On Probation

Dont Know.

Don't know, just thought it sounded cool and it would still give me the opportunities I am looking for, and honestly I have no fricken clue as to which one is better or which one to choose. I am going to try and get Airborne on my contract thats one thing I do know, the rest I will just have to see and what ever happens happens dont really care as long as I get to where I want to be. I need to re-contact my recruiter will probly go to meps on the 14 or 15 of this month. Will try to ship out ASAP tired of sitting on my arsh missing all the excitement. I dont know if I told you guys this but I will be going to the WTC Warrior Transition Course, should be interesting I think it's in Tejas now. I heard they give colored stress cards now adays, that outta be fun Oh BTW MW I looked at your BIO, the real deal, are you retired?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:29   #73
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I am going into 19D for one year and then going SF.

Thanks , Frank
This is not going to happen. You will do your initial training, join your unit, deploy to Iraq, and then, maybe after 24 months in service, you will attend SFAS. If you are selected, figure another 6-12 months before you are PCSed to the SFQC.

Just trying to give you a more realistic assessment.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 07-10-2005, 20:45   #74
FrankS
On Probation

Thanks

Thanks appreciate the heads up. Thats fine that will give me another year to PT! If it's easy it's not worth doing.. Thank you sir.
Old 07-10-2005, 21:33   #75
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I am going to try and get Airborne on my contract thats one thing I do know, Oh BTW MW I looked at your BIO, the real deal, are you retired?
19D is a Cav Scout...will they give you airborne? This MOS is usually works hand in hand with 19K (Tankers)...

Bottomline, if you want airborne, make sure you see it in writing.

Who's MW?
Closed Thread