Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 09-20-2015, 09:56   #31
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Even if this guy made selection he'd probably get a 21 day non-select....

....for just being an assclown.

Peered to the max by the others that had to endure his pseudo intellectual banter inbetween team events. "Assclown to the end" "I thought [ass]clowns weren't supposed to speak" "please don't select this assclown, he will be an embarrassment to the regiment. I have a high suspicion he wants to be a tranny"

Thanks for coming. "Don't call us, we'll call you," by the cadre, based on their combined notes of "assclown" a note on the side of one eval that mentions him saying something about hypermasculine and how trannies are hot.

And a "this target is off in left field over by the assclowns, probably end up as a tranny," by the USASOC headshrinker after reading his MMPI.
Hell he still has not figured out where and how to fill in his profile. You are spot on. From reading all his post we would be lucky to get to the final day and he would be peered as an assclown and sent home.....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:05   #32
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Even if this guy made selection he'd probably get a 21 day non-select....

....for just being an assclown.

Peered to the max by the others that had to endure his pseudo intellectual banter inbetween team events. "Assclown to the end" "I thought [ass]clowns weren't supposed to speak" "please don't select this assclown, he will be an embarrassment to the regiment. I have a high suspicion he wants to be a tranny"

Thanks for coming. "Don't call us, we'll call you," by the cadre, based on their combined notes of "assclown" a note on the side of one eval that mentions him saying something about hypermasculine and how trannies are hot.

And a "this target is off in left field over by the assclowns, probably end up as a tranny," by the USASOC headshrinker after reading his MMPI.
You owe me a new keyboard - but I appreciate the morning laugh.

The analysis of the MMPI must have become deeper since I was scoring them - and you certainly make reading the peer evals sound like good entertainment.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 14:00   #33
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

The thought came from an amalgamation of my selection class. The assclowns, were mostly shed on the pt test and swim test. Those were your "metal hut shit talkers".

Then the "cold and rain sucks!" pussies, during the long land nav (January) they were carting them off by the truck loads!

Then the guy during team week that quit right in the middle of the sandman, quickly followed by another. The second was just waiting for someone else.

The last was a 21 day nonselect that got peered for being a blue falcon. We lost one of those "short" guys. The cadre kept telling BF to speed up and he did! The other guy never quit, he got dropped for not staying with the group. He had a lot of heart and we even had a signal not to go any faster, he didn't, that guy got his just reward.

And of course there were few dropped for their MMPI, for what ever reason. I call those guys the Timothy McVeighs.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 15:51   #34
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The thought came from an amalgamation of my selection class. The assclowns, were mostly shed on the pt test and swim test. Those were your "metal hut shit talkers".

Then the "cold and rain sucks!" pussies, during the long land nav (January) they were carting them off by the truck loads!

Then the guy during team week that quit right in the middle of the sandman, quickly followed by another. The second was just waiting for someone else.

The last was a 21 day nonselect that got peered for being a blue falcon. We lost one of those "short" guys. The cadre kept telling BF to speed up and he did! The other guy never quit, he got dropped for not staying with the group. He had a lot of heart and we even had a signal not to go any faster, he didn't, that guy got his just reward.

And of course there were few dropped for their MMPI, for what ever reason. I call those guys the Timothy McVeighs.
wow 2x drops during the sandman... that must have sucked ass! We had a 13man team and 2x sandmen. I can't imagine if two quit. I think my spine would have shattered or my brain woudl have stopped due to sheer misery. We finishied tm week with all 13! I think that really hurt the cadre's feelings.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:36   #35
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
wow 2x drops during the sandman... that must have sucked ass! We had a 13man team and 2x sandmen. I can't imagine if two quit. I think my spine would have shattered or my brain woudl have stopped due to sheer misery. We finishied tm week with all 13! I think that really hurt the cadre's feelings.
They actually have a formula that calculates the number of guys to contraptions. We had two sandmen, they took one away and gave us several ammo can/poles to carry. I think always leaving 1 or 2 people to rest we had to wait like 20 minutes for the truck to switch out gear and that put us in like a few hours later than anyone else. What sucked about my team was I was one of like 2 people that could tie lashings. So every break for me was re-tying while everyone rucksack flopped, and when I was the "leader" all the contraptions would fall apart. They disbanded our team and I went to one that was really good. We finished out strong everyday!

If I had ever been in SWC, I think I would have liked to have been an SFAS cadre. The laughs would have never ended! I'm pretty sure the cadre was laughing at my "Barney Rubble" when he fired me!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35   #36
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Guy-

re WCF's post
Quote:
This is reflected in cases such as minority students who have lower GPA standards for Law and Medical school acceptance, who despite being less qualified initially, have statistically the same amount of observable success as any other doctor/lawyer. I just think it's interesting.
I'd say at the very least WCF's SA really sucks! Loved your response!

Did you visualize yourself with your hands around his throat while you were responding?
Old 09-21-2015, 08:26   #37
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

WCF posts- "I just read a book called Outliers and it explains how it's not so much ability as it is opportunity, meaning if you took non-selects and give them a chance at the Q anyway, some of them would succeed and go on to be great SF soldiers. This is reflected in cases such as minority students who have lower GPA standards for Law and Medical school acceptance, who despite being less qualified initially, have statistically the same amount of observable success as any other doctor/lawyer."

I think we may be missing a very valid learning point here, and WCF could be our instructor. Our guide. Our muse.

I would like WCF to summarize the book he references "Outliers", was it truly written with the SFAS and Q Course as he describes or was that correlation derived from our guest? Then, I'd be elated if he could provide the source of the statistics that he cites that demonstrate "minority" (please define minority) students with non qualifying GPA's statistically succeed at the same rate as all other qualified candidates. I mean if this is fact, why bother with GMAT, GRE's, SAT's, at all? Perhaps just like Global Warning and Cow Mutilations standardized testing is a myth? Have we all been mislead?

If this is true, perhaps the rest of us have been living in a false reality? If grading standards are only set to provide a certain sense of self worth and not actually assess future ability think of all the weight we can lift off of our shoulders? Could they, I dare even ponder, even be racially motivated??

I won't even ask that WCF use APA Formatting as that too is a standard and I would not want to seem narrow minded. I want to learn, I want to BELIEVE WCF, but I need more than just an unsupported opine from a guest with no publicly shared credentials. Can you provide facts that support your original statement? If so, maybe we could have a real discussion.

One last thought: Please do not simply quote from the Canadian journalist and author of "Outliers". This will require actual research and thought on your behalf.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol

Last edited by blue02hd; 09-21-2015 at 08:37.
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:52   #38
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
You need to 'splain what a "sandman" is to us older guys.....

I'm guessing here but is sounds like the SFAS version of COL Howard. (inflicting pain)
Old 09-21-2015, 09:14   #39
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

I'm guessing here but is sounds like the SFAS version of COL Howard. (inflicting pain)
I think it is one of the events from the LRC with a new name... probably the broken wagon or the grain sack movement...

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:21   #40
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
That's the guy that comes around at night and puts yous to sleep.

He's assisting those young whipper snappers at nap time.

Just imagine the pain of not having a sandman on your team at nap time.

Us FOGs don't need no f'n sandman, we can doze off at the drop of hat.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:53   #41
WildCatFootball
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
WCF posts- "I just read a book called Outliers and it explains how it's not so much ability as it is opportunity, meaning if you took non-selects and give them a chance at the Q anyway, some of them would succeed and go on to be great SF soldiers. This is reflected in cases such as minority students who have lower GPA standards for Law and Medical school acceptance, who despite being less qualified initially, have statistically the same amount of observable success as any other doctor/lawyer."

I think we may be missing a very valid learning point here, and WCF could be our instructor. Our guide. Our muse.

I would like WCF to summarize the book he references "Outliers", was it truly written with the SFAS and Q Course as he describes or was that correlation derived from our guest? Then, I'd be elated if he could provide the source of the statistics that he cites that demonstrate "minority" (please define minority) students with non qualifying GPA's statistically succeed at the same rate as all other qualified candidates. I mean if this is fact, why bother with GMAT, GRE's, SAT's, at all? Perhaps just like Global Warning and Cow Mutilations standardized testing is a myth? Have we all been mislead?

If this is true, perhaps the rest of us have been living in a false reality? If grading standards are only set to provide a certain sense of self worth and not actually assess future ability think of all the weight we can lift off of our shoulders? Could they, I dare even ponder, even be racially motivated??

I won't even ask that WCF use APA Formatting as that too is a standard and I would not want to seem narrow minded. I want to learn, I want to BELIEVE WCF, but I need more than just an unsupported opine from a guest with no publicly shared credentials. Can you provide facts that support your original statement? If so, maybe we could have a real discussion.

One last thought: Please do not simply quote from the Canadian journalist and author of "Outliers". This will require actual research and thought on your behalf.
Actually MLA is standard.
WildCatFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:35   #42
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCatFootball View Post
Actually MLA is standard.
Standard where? Do you have the ability to share knowledge and support theory? Perhaps you did not understand my meaning? More like you don't care.

Maybe you are in over your head?

Either way, if you remain a guest here in our forum you should act like one. Some excellent wisdom and experience here to learn from for those who are not short sighted. I'd say even a Canadian journalist would love to be a fly on the wall in here, and as a matter of fact many a journalist are. Whaaaat??????

As for your "short comings" relative to your SFAS potential: add critical thinking, timely analysis, ability to demonstrate competency, decision making, and less than agreeable social skills to the list of what you are missing. Other than that I'd say you'd be Honor Grad material.

Have a nice day.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 13:34   #43
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

And he still has not filled out his profile.
Old 09-21-2015, 14:01   #44
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
That's one of those, "if I had to tell you, I'd have to kill you," kind of stories.

But I do recall he was extremely over weight and lazy as hell. Kinda like Jabba da Hut, and wanted to be treated that way too. Carried around like a Roman King.

Fat fucker broke my foot!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 14:59   #45
Guy
Quiet Professional

Cool You're going too laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Guy- up

re WCF's post

I'd say at the very least WCF's SA really sucks! Loved your response!

Did you visualize yourself with your hands around his throat while you were responding?
I have "very" little memory of shit that sucked nowadays unless; someone brings it up...

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote