Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 08-12-2008, 13:00   #61
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker1A View Post
Ordered mine last week, waiting for it to come FedEx. They are most excellent used in a cold weather field environments where blending into the urban community is essential to survival. I even heard they were making them standard issue for USASF. And don't forget our big P.I.M.P. gold chains too!LOL!!

The sad part of the matter is, I deployed with a support unit to Germany for training a few years ago for my secondary enlisted MOS and we had weekend offduty. Lo and behold when we all ensembled to go downtown in Frankfurt, GE...it was a D_M FOOL actually wearing a fur coat, a thick A_S gold chain, and a pimp hat!! I thought it was a practical joke, but he seriously wore the crap out!OMG!! It took all I had not to laugh in his face at how ridiculous he looked and the simple fact is, that is what gives Americans a bad name when we are in other countries acting as Ambassadors. Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!

Thanks for busting my chops, Razor! YOU keep me on my toes, brother!!Ha!ha!

SCOUTS OUT!-STRYKER1A
Pardon me, but your lieutenantness is showing.

SABOT, treadhead, not SABLE. As in High Velocity Armor Piercing-Discarding Sabot. You cav and tanker guys should know that.

That was Razor's point, I believe.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 13:22   #62
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post

SABOT, treadhead, not SABLE. As in High Velocity Armor Piercing-Discarding Sabot. You cav and tanker guys should know that.

"Gunner, Sable, Tank!...From my closet, ON THE WAY!!!" RMAOL!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 17:39   #63
Stryker1A
Asset

Thanks...

Quote:

TR
APFSDS (Armoured Piercing Fin-Stabilised Discarding Sabot) ammunition is a type of anti-tank round. It uses kinetic energy to penetrate armoured vehicles, and is often referred to as a KE round....

I had always spelled it Sable round instead of SABOT round which is the correct spelling! Okay...that is quite embarassing...as most of us spelled it and pronounced it that way. Thanks...Knowledge GAIN already. In the future I will try to listen a little more than speak...that way my Lieutenantness does not show so much! :-)

SCOUTS OUT!-STRYKER1A

With so much knowledge, how can one ever learn it all? The key is to realize that we can't learn it all. WE can only strive to master the small amount of knowledge we will learn during our short stay in this world.
Stryker1A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36   #64
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Too subtle, perhaps?

LT Stryker, are you from the Commonwealth? "Armoured", "Stabilised"...you didn't copy that info from a Brit website to impress us, did you?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:18   #65
gagners
Asshat 6

Quote:
I had always spelled it Sable round instead of SABOT round which is the correct spelling! Okay...that is quite embarassing...as most of us spelled it and pronounced it that way.
SCOUTS OUT!-STRYKER1A
We would have been ridiculed right out of AOB for saying "Sable". That's a car...

Maybe your grammar could use an MRS update ... (how's that for treadhead talk, TR???)
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14   #66
Stryker1A
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Too subtle, perhaps?

LT Stryker, are you from the Commonwealth? "Armoured", "Stabilised"...you didn't copy that info from a Brit website to impress us, did you?
How did you ever guess that, Razor...I ddin't put that down in my profile? Hmmm...Well, considering that the commonwealth is one of the only fully capable Strker Brigades of it's nature and abilities at this current juncture...I would credit that guess to keen observation and experience. OUTSTANDING JOB!

Pasted and copied the info from Wikipedeai.com!LOL!! That's where I get all my up-to-date training and technical knowledge from. Great for righting WARNOs and OPORDs too!!LOL!!

YOU stay safe, Razor...Thanks brother.

SCOUTS OUT!-STRYKER1A

With so much knowledge, how can one ever learn it all? The key is to realize that we can't learn it all. WE can only strive to master the small amount of knowledge we will learn during our short stay in this world.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58   #67
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
How did you ever guess that, Razor...I ddin't put that down in my profile? Hmmm...Well, considering that the commonwealth is one of the only fully capable Strker Brigades of it's nature and abilities at this current juncture...I would credit that guess to keen observation and experience. OUTSTANDING JOB!

Pasted and copied the info from Wikipedeai.com!LOL!! That's where I get all my up-to-date training and technical knowledge from. Great for righting WARNOs and OPORDs too!!LOL!!

YOU stay safe, Razor...Thanks brother.

SCOUTS OUT!-STRYKER1A
You might search for Wikipedia on PS.com and see what the staff here think of your source.

As far as your comments to Razor, there is a fine line between humor and disrespect. You being to be who you claim to be is unsubstantiated, as far as we know. You could easily be a Commonwealth member, or Taliban, for that matter.

Tread lightly.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 14:45   #68
Razor
Quiet Professional

LT Stryker, "Commonwealth" here refers to the United Kingdom and its Commonwealth partners, such as Canada, Australia and other countries that use non-US english spelling, not US state designations. This, however, is moot given the wikipedia explanation.

Keep up with your practice in "righting" orders; "wronging" one could be a painful command experience.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 22:39   #69
Stryker1A
Asset

Disrespectful?

Quote:
You might search for Wikipedia on PS.com and see what the staff here think of your source.

As far as your comments to Razor, there is a fine line between humor and disrespect. You being to be who you claim to be is unsubstantiated, as far as we know. You could easily be a Commonwealth member, or Taliban, for that matter.

Tread lightly.

TR
The Reaper:

Okay, now that is just insulting, Sir. A taliban...commonwealth member....Pennsylvania is referred to as a Commonwealth state. That is what I thought Razor was referring to. NOW, I don't mind being jossled or teased a bit. I don't mind even being a target because I've been that most of my life. I have done everything that people said I could not. I have never failed at any military school or task I have tried. NOT because I am that good, but because I have properly prepared for my class or the enemy. I had no intention of offending Razor and I sincerely hope, Razor knew I was joking. If one of my NCOs or peers walked up to me and said what Razor said to me, I would smile and make a joke back. There is a line, WE must maintain, but as long as that line is not crossed...I don't mind being teased a bit.

I am proud of my Cavalry heritage....when I finish Airborne and Ranger school which I already have orders for the beginning of next year, I will still be proud of my Cavalry heritage. I am already in contact the CO fo B Co. 3/20 SFG(Airborne)...I can give you his name and HE will verify who I am and the fact that I will be doing SFSA and SFQS immediately after my Ranger school next year, so I can make the 2011 Afghanistan deployment. Any verificaton you need of who I am, no problem. YOU can check me out in Sidpers, MILPO, and talk to a large list of names I can supply you with that will swear that I am one of the most squared away Lieutenants(O1E) they have every seen.

I am okay with joking around, TR, but when you insuld me as a soldier and furthermore disrespect me as an officer, that is not cool. I have went through hell, just like most of you to earn all the 15+ ribbons, combat patches, and the gold bar I am wearing on my head which I EARN the hard way...OCS!!!

If you don't want me to post, that is fine, Sir. I am just trying to make a few friends here and hopefully get a little guidance. I have a few of my fellow Ranger Officers mentoring me for RIP and Ranger school. Thought this would be a great site to make a few more friends and follow each other through our careers. That is what I like about the uniform...the brotherhood. It is not about the tabs....the medals...even though that garners respect...It is about being part of a sacred brother started in blood by many before us.

So I ask, Are WE soldiers? Are we brothers? IF not, then WHAT ARE WE?

Stryker1A
2LT, AR, USAR, PAARNG

P.S.-Razor, IF I offending you in anyway as TR has stated, I truly apologize as a soldier and as an officer. When you made your joke about my strong Cavalry heritage making fun of over a century old tradition of the Order of the Spur...I took it, just as you intended...A JOKE! I hope you did the same...Thanks. I mean no disrespect to the site and humbly apologize to all I have offended...I am sorry. Goodbye.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:13   #70
magician
Quiet Professional

LT, sit the fuck down and shut up. Your situational awareness sucks.

You do not know whom you are addressing, and believe me, if you did, you would be sitting quietly against the wall, honored to be there.

If that sticks in your craw, go back to mil.com. You are in the wrong place.

--From another former Mustang.

1st Platoon "Bad 'Muthers," Company A, 2d Ranger Battalion, 1980-1984;
ODA 151, Company B, 2d Battalion, 1SFGA, 1984-1986.
SFQC 04-84; Ranger class 14-81.
magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42   #71
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
So I ask, Are WE soldiers? Are we brothers? IF not, then WHAT ARE WE?.
While you can be proud of your accomplishments to date and you are a member of those that can be called brothers in arms you are not my brother nor are you likely to be until you knock that chip off your shoulder. While I fully understand that a lot of things can be lost in translation, because we are not standing toe to toe bantering back and forth and reading the tell tale body language or voice inflections that would indicate your attempt at humor, you seem to fail to understand that what you write and the manner in which you write it, with all your lack of attention to detail and off the cuff remarks, tends to paint you as an arrogant, disrespectful, brash, immature officer who is full of himself. So to answer your rude question, where you feel that it is necessary to yell at one of my brothers, with whom I have served, and snivel about the comments made by another of my brothers whom I know from his vetted qualifications, and read the comments of those who have given you enough cording to wrap around your cav stetson enough times to hang yourself many times over, who are soldiers all, we know who we are but, I, for one, do not really care to know much more about "one of the most squared away LTs anyone has ever seen" because I have seen more than my share and served with many that did not have to announce the fact that they were good. Their actions, and not their words, proclaimed them to be so. And no, ribbons and baubles on the uniform have nothing to do with garnering respect as they are only a reflection of past events not future ability, respect is earned and garnered from those with whom you serve solely by your actions and what makes you tick not by what you did yesterday. Everyone stands naked in a firefight.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:29   #72
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Angry

Young LT I would heed the words of my SF Brothers and especially the words of Col Moroney. I have been reading these comments and have restrained from commenting until now.

Here are my observations during your postings:

1. You come off as an arrogant young NCO that got commissioned and think his shit does not stink and he is better than everyone. (Seen a lot and very few ever make it to where WE have gone. ROTC, WP, OCS so what unless you got it as a battlefield commission they are just the same. I know a lot of prior service that went to ROTC and got commissioned and OCS well they screw with you but you still get the butter bar at the end. West Point well it is not called the Lower Hudson School for wayward boys.)

2. You seem to be impressed with ribbons, badges and patches. (I could not tell you how many ribbons I have and do not care about them. My team mates used to not wear any badges and patches other than unit patches until the General bitched and made us have at least one uniform with all. Then we just wore ABN wings and rank and unit patch. The baubles do not make the man the person makes the man)

3. Your SA is not there and that calls into question your judgment. YOU do not seem to understand where you are. You walked into our house and just started commenting like you had all the baubles and years on a team. You do not and most Soldiers that enter have enough SA to sit, listen and learn. Not your buddy and we were nice enough to allow you to interact here. Good SA would tell you to back off and sit down and absorb the info. Later you could slowly start to post and get to know the people here and make friends. 1st impressions are very important in our work. Just think of this as trying to get the G Chief to like you and win his convenience so you can do your Mission.)

4. Your chip on your shoulder with the Cav. (We are not knocking any historical part of any of the parts of the Army "CAV, Armor, AVN, etc." You do seem to be touchy about the Cav and its heritage. You know when someone jokes about SF Ranger, Marines you banter back and forth but do not get mad. Get a grip on your CAV Emotions. CAV history is great but it is not the center of the world any more than any other parts of the military. If you wish to be a part of the SF brotherhood you have to savor the past and embrace the future in SF.)

5. Writing Skills need to be worked on. (You should really work on your communications skills. For such a squared away LT you do not seem to know how to use the spell check and grammar checker that our wonderful world of windows has for free. Slow down and act as if you are in front of the COL and make sure your statements are fully thought out and when you have formulated your idea, write it in an intelligent manor with proper spelling. That will cut down on people making cracks about your lack of commo skills. We all make typos but you seem to do it on most of your posts.)

If you do not like our comments, then nothing is making you log on here. You should also remember that the SF brotherhood is very small, bad reps are hard to shake, and we know people in all SF Units. Good reps go a lot farther than bad ones do.

Hope you have a very happy Cav day.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 13:10   #73
Stryker1A
Asset

Thanks...

Col Moroney, Sir...everyone. Thanks. Will Adjust Fire and Move Out....Again I apologize for my comments, as they are out of line and out of place.

Message heeded, Sirs...Sincerely...Thank You.

Old 08-15-2008, 15:22   #74
RTK
Guerrilla

Quote:
Col Moroney, Sir...everyone. Thanks. Will Adjust Fire and Move Out....Again I apologize for my comments, as they are out of line and out of place.

Message heeded, Sirs...Sincerely...Thank You.
Stryker1A,

Since you're most likely one of my former students from the past two years at Armor BOLC III, let me give you the following advice:

Remember that our types with the funny felt hats and gold stuff on our boots are guests here. This is not a Cav site. It's run be those who have been or are currently Quiet Professionals. Take a lesson from their book.

Go into turret defilade and turn your MCS to listening silence. You're not helping your cause, no matter what you're typing in return. Acknowledge by not posting for at least the next two weeks. I don't want to have to answer for your antics.

L6
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03   #75
SFC Donnell
Asset

Back to the topic, demise of the SF.

Sirs

After reading this thread I started to think about it, after a year in Iraq, I do not believe that I saw a single Green Beanie in that year. We, (us CF Pukes) ended up training and equipping the ICDC ourselves. Should that not have been a SF mission?

Come to think of it I have not seen not heard anything about the SF since the liberation of Afghanistan in 2001. Does the US still have a SF? I am not being a smartass, the SF seems to have dropped off the radar screen.

What was direly predicted several years ago, the end of the SF, has this happened? I just assumed that the SF were just keeping a low profile and that was why I had heard so little. So what is the current situation?

Robert
SFC Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote