Old 07-16-2006, 13:40   #46
Christophe
Guerrilla

Thumbs up

I know, they are very expensive.I want to get the goretex ones.Guess I´ll have to save a bit first .

Chris.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:22   #47
hoot72
Guerrilla

Has anyone tested, bought or been using the BlackHawk Warrior Wear Light Assault Boots by any chance? My salomon's are on their final's now and its that time of the year to dig a hole and bury the poor sods...

Link: blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4901&d=[/url]

Or were these boots made for the commercial market and arent really used/popular with you guys that are in the military.

There is a mate of mine in the blackwater company that swears they are comfortable but he has only had them for 4 months and used them 2-3 times.

Am thinking of investing in a pair..
hoot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:13   #48
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot72
Has anyone tested, bought or been using the BlackHawk Warrior Wear Light Assault Boots by any chance? My salomon's are on their final's now and its that time of the year to dig a hole and bury the poor sods...

Or were these boots made for the commercial market and arent really used/popular with you guys that are in the military.

There is a mate of mine in the blackwater company that swears they are comfortable but he has only had them for 4 months and used them 2-3 times.

If you are wearing them to the mall, they may be fine.

I would not wear anything with the name Blackhawk on it if it was mission essential.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 16:17   #49
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot72

Go with the Hi-Tec Magnums long before the Blackhawks. Just my .02, I'm partial to the Hi Tecs.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 16:49   #50
hoot72
Guerrilla

Yea, thanks for the replies..guess I will give the blackhawks a miss then...will need to get the magnums from singapore as thats the closest place that sells them boots..

cheers
hoot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:12   #51
brianksain
Guerrilla

NDD - Been wearing the light weight Bates Spiders for a couple years now for SWAT work. Mine are the higher topped boot but with the soft fabric sides.

CONS:

Don't dig the zipper. I have a high instep and narrow foot so I suck the laces up snug and it makes the zipper moot. Just as soon it not be there at all.

Toe rubber in one pair has cracked some. Poor maintenance on my end. I just run 'em.

PROS: Light, great traction, and they acually fit me.

I put a good sports insole in them.

Bought two pair from Sportsman's Guide for like 39.95 and now I think they no longer have them. Sniper partner bought some of the all leather ones.

Got a worn pair, new pair and wish I had six or eight pair.

They work for me other than the cons above.

Can't get a Danner to fit me to save my soul.