Paslode
Area Commander

There is no border problem....Move along

Ii dunno about the Examiner, but for what it is worth

http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-...nches-in-Texas

Quote:
Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. ranches in Texas
July 24, 11:18 AMSan Diego County Political Buzz ExaminerKimberly Dvorak

In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Word broke late last night that Laredo police have requested help from the federal government regarding the incursion by the Los Zetas. It appears that the ranch owners have escaped without incident but their ranches remain in the hands of the blood thirsty cartels.

Laredo Border Patrol is conducting aerial surveillance over the ranches to determine the best way to regain control of the U.S. ranches, according to the Laredo Police department.

The approximate location of the U.S. ranches are10 miles northwest of I-35 off Mines Road and Minerales Annex Road. Just off 1472 (Mines road) near Santa Isabel Creek south of the city of Laredo, Texas.

The Los Zetas drug cartel is an offshoot of the elite Mexican military trained in special ops. The mercenary organization is said to include members of corrupt Mexican Federales, politicians as well as drug traffickers. The group was once part of the Gulf cartel, but has since splintered and now directly competes with the Gulf cartel for premium drug smuggling routes in the Texas region.

The new leader of Los Zetas is Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano and is considered the most violent paramilitary group in Mexico by the DEA.

Recently the drug organization has kidnapped tourists, infiltrated local municipalities and continues to smuggle narcotics into a very hungry U.S. market.

The violence south of the border continues to spin out of control and has left Nuevo Laredo, Mexico on virtual lockdown with businesses refusing to open the doors. Last week a particularly violent attack by the Los Zetas included the use of grenades and resulted in a dozen deaths and 21 injuries.

The hostile takeover of the ranches has met with silence with local and national media; however sources say they could be waiting to report the stories once the ranches are back in U.S. control. This journalist questions if this was a Middle Eastern terrorist attack if the media would sit on their hands.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 19:13   #2
nmap
Area Commander

Scary. I've been following the story...

San Antonio is way too close to that mess.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 19:29   #3
incarcerated
Area Commander

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/artic...OS_ZETAS/31835

BREAKING: MULTIPLE RANCHES IN LAREDO, TX TAKEN OVER BY LOS ZETAS

Published 07/24/2010 - 2:30 p.m. CST
Publisher's Note: We are now receiving numerous conflicting reports regarding the veracity of this article. Numerous sources on the web (found via Google search) are picking up on this report, just as we did at The Cypress Times. The original writer for this article stands by his sources. If you wish to inquire about the sources, please visit the original story source URL listed in the article body below. I can tell you that as of now The Cypress Times has been unable to confirm the story. - John G. Winder, Publisher - The Cypress Times.

by Digger - republished with permission from DiggersRealm

UPDATE: Story is now 100% confirmed by second source within the Laredo Police Department

The bloodbath continues along our southern border and now word is coming in that Los Zetas, the highly trained killers formerly with the Gulf Cartel, have crossed into the United States and taken over at least two ranches in the Laredo, Texas area. I am receiving word that the owners of the ranches have evacuated without being harmed.

Founder of the San Diego Minutemen Jeff Schwilk tipped me off to this story and passes along the following information on the location. The ranches are said to be "near Mines Rd. and Minerales Annex Rd about 10 miles NW of I-35".

Update - Statement from Mr. Schwilk)
I can personally vouch that this info came in late last night from a reliable police source inside the Laredo PD. There is currently a standoff between the unknown size Zeta forces and U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement on two ranches on our side of the Rio Grande. The source tells us he considers this an "act of war" and that the military is needed on the border now!
Whether it is lone members or squads is not certain.

Anonymous sources in law enforcement in the Laredo area tonight have passed on word that US law enforcement agencies are in the area and are weighing their options regarding the ranches. The media has been silent on this incident and some law enforcement in the area says that they are furious that the media is not reporting the whole story of the continued violence along the border. Their frustrations are understandable because keeping the truth suppressed continues to hamper law enforcement from receiving the true support they need along the border.

The ranch assaults come on the heels of attacks in Nuevo Laredo that shut the city down as a gun-battle raged in the streets. Los Zetas blocked off intersections with vehicles and used fragmentation grenades to attack Mexican law enforcement. In the end 12 were killed and 21 injured in the assaults. Citizens in the area were told to stay in their homes and bullets whizzed all around.

Cypress Times

The U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo had posted warnings on its website hours before the gunfire was reported by Texas citizens, “We have received credible reports of widespread violence occurring now between narcotics-trafficking organizations and the Mexican army in Nuevo Laredo.”

The U.S. Consulate went on to say, “The consulate confirmed that fragmentation grenades were used in the attacks and that suspected drug-gang members had blocked several roads, adding that it advised ‘all U.S. citizens in Nuevo Laredo to remain indoors until the security situation improves.’”

US Citizens in Laredo called 911 after hearing gunfire and explosions just across the border. Laredo police spokesman Joe Baeza deflected the concerns of citizens with what I see as utter contempt. He said there was no spillover violence onto the US side and "We were getting reports from people who live on the river's edge that they could hear gunfire and explosions from the Mexico side," Baeza said, "We didn't have any incidents on the American side. It's hard for people to understand who don't live here ... They're not Vikings, they're not going to invade us, it doesn't work that way."

This was said just a day before the reported breaking news on the ranches being taken above.

Violence has been on the rise along the border. In April 2010 a Border Patrol agent in Laredo shot and killed an lllegal alien drug smuggler near the Rio Grande

The Los Zetas are highly trained killers initially trained by United States Special Operations forces to combat the drug cartes within Mexico. As the drug war heated up the Zetas saw more money in working for the cartels and joined up with the Gulf Cartel.

In March, 2010 there was a fracture between the Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel when a Zetas leader was said to have been assassinated by the Gulf Cartel. They demanded that the killer be turned over to them. When the Gulf Cartel refused the Zetas captured 16 Gulf Cartel members.

Since March Los Zetas abandoned their stronghold in Reynosa and moved to Nuevo Laredo, just across from the border with Laredo, Texas. There are estimated to be over 1,000 Zeta members there.

Additional Sources: Houston Chronicle, Borderland Beat

Visit DiggersRealm.com for more info.

PUBLISHER'S NOTE: This article is re-published in its entirety from DiggersRealm.com, any requests from media, or others, wishing to learn more about the content of this article should contact DiggersRealm.com HERE - Thank you, John G. Winder, Publisher - The Cypress Times

See also:
http://www.thecypresstimes.com/Monar...rticleID=31835

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ss-from-texas/

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/203368.php

Drug Cartel Gunmen Invade Texas, Ranches Seized
July 24, 2010
(Laredo, Texas) This report should be the headline story put out by the American media. The idea that drug cartel raiding parties are attacking and seizing territory inside the United States is major.

There is currently a standoff between the unknown size Zeta forces and U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement on two ranches on our side of the Rio Grande. The source tells us he considers this an "act of war" and that the military is needed on the border now!
It's unforgivable that this story isn't being reported by the elite media. More at the link.
http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003439.html

“We can trust our doctors to be professional, to minister equally to their patients without regard to their political or religious beliefs. But we can no longer trust our professors to do the same." --David Horowitz

Last edited by incarcerated; 07-24-2010 at 19:47.
incarcerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 19:37   #4
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap View Post
Scary. I've been following the story...

San Antonio is way too close to that mess.

In reality the cartels have been in every major US city for years....but we've been missing the violence.
Old 07-24-2010, 20:00   #5
incarcerated
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
In reality the cartels have been in every major US city for years....but we've been missing the violence.
You’re such a cheery guy…

“We can trust our doctors to be professional, to minister equally to their patients without regard to their political or religious beliefs. But we can no longer trust our professors to do the same." --David Horowitz
Old 07-24-2010, 20:14   #6
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
You’re such a cheery guy…

I know...I need to lighten up
Old 07-24-2010, 20:17   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Looks like the story has reached critical mass.
Should go viral in the next day.

Maybe "dear leader" will furrow his brow and look concerned.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 20:46   #8
incarcerated
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Maybe "dear leader" will furrow his brow and look concerned.
Nah.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dear leader.jpg (28.6 KB, 158 views)

Old 07-24-2010, 20:51   #9
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

"The difference is that back then, we had the intestinal fortitude to do what we needed to in order to preserve our territorial sovereignty and to protect the citizens of this great country, and today, we do not." TR

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits." John Locke

Last edited by dr. mabuse; 05-17-2011 at 22:16.
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 20:53   #10
alelks
Quiet Professional

Anyone up for a road trip?
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 21:03   #11
mojaveman
Area Commander

To the sound of "Garry Owen" send in the armored cavalry!

Last edited by mojaveman; 07-24-2010 at 22:15.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 21:06   #12
incarcerated
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. mabuse View Post
Can I say it!? Have 300 WM, will travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelks View Post
Anyone up for a road trip?

I’m beginning to see why they might want to keep this under wraps. Enthusiastic ‘help’ could easily show up in significant quantity. Alelks and QPs, of course, would be fine, but the rest of us would just get in the way.

Old 07-24-2010, 21:07   #13
Kyobanim

Here's where the story originated from http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003439.html

Click the Home tab for digger's blog.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 21:09   #14
stickey
Guerrilla

I don't get it. {shakes head}.

When is enough, enough. I often contemplate the effectiveness of controlled vigilantism, and this appears to be a good enough reason.

What shocks me even more, is that our fed gov turns the other cheek.
Old 07-24-2010, 21:13   #15
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

*]
"The difference is that back then, we had the intestinal fortitude to do what we needed to in order to preserve our territorial sovereignty and to protect the citizens of this great country, and today, we do not." TR

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits." John Locke

Last edited by dr. mabuse; 05-17-2011 at 22:15.
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote