Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-22-2020, 10:42   #976
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Regarding the response to the corona virus pandemic, I contend that we have been profoundly misled by the “Experts”! Yep, that’s right I said it…The “Experts” have been wrong!
Agreed, Expert and Science are not always the same paradigm.

It is not fair to compare today to yesterday, bUT it is fair to point out the similarities to individuals that espouse Science to gain control of those that can't distinguish the facts of Science vs the facts of artificially fabricated fantasy.

And we have many many examples.

Quote:
The COVID-19 'Science' Is Starting to Scare Me
By Rabbi Michael Barclay May 21, 2020 10:07 AM EST

As a rabbi, I have always looked at patterns and historical repetitions, and I have to admit… I am starting to get truly frightened. Not of coronavirus, earthquakes, or an increase in crime.

I am starting to get scared of “science”.

Not the scientific method that I grew up with of hypothesis, proof, and conclusion. But this strange and questionable “science” upon which public policies are now getting based. It is starting to remind me all too much of other policies based on “science” in the past. Historically, when public policies have been based in the science of the time, the policies have often led to dangerous and painful results.

When over 100 Chicago clergy opened their doors this past weekend to provide the essential services of spiritual nurturing through prayer in defiance of the stay-at-home order of Illinois Gov. Pritzker (D), the governor tweeted that he had “sympathy for leaders struggling with those choices — but not for those so intent on disregarding science & logic that they put people’s lives at risk.”

Governors Cuomo (D-New York) and Newsom (D-Calif.) have imposed draconian measures of quarantine and isolation based on “science” and in the process have determined that cannabis clubs, abortion clinics, and bike shops are all more “essential” than religious institutions.

The World Health Organization claimed on April 6 that science had determined that face masks were unnecessary for healthy people, and then determined by May that the science showed that everyone should wear a mask. Mayor Garcetti of Los Angeles has determined that the science shows that everyone needs to wear a mask as soon as leaving the house to prevent further spread of the virus.

Here in Ventura County, Calif., Dr Robert Levin has made it clear that the county will be hiring over 50 new staff to track people who have been exposed to COVID-19 and quarantine anyone who has been exposed, even removing them from their home environment (he tried to walk back his words a few days later, but you can listen to his actual words here. Dr. Levin’s science-based procedures are for a county that has fewer than 1/100 of one percent fatalities.

History shows us these same types of isolation practices and singling out of individuals or groups based on “science” before. The 18th-century zoologist Carl Linnaeus determined that the “African race” (as opposed to those from Europe) were “sly, lazy, cunning, lustful, careless, and governed by caprice.” His science proved that Asians were “severe, haughty, greedy, and ruled by opinions,” whereas the Europeans were “gentle, acute, inventive, governed by laws.”

This “scientific racism” was extended by Christopher Meiners (1747-1810), whose science demonstrated without a doubt that “negroes… feel less pain than others” and are “without emotion.” These and other “scientists” like them paved the way for justifying slavery. If those of African descent were less than human, then there was no reason to not treat them differently and even enslave them.

In 1912, Henry Goddard “scientifically” tested immigrants at Ellis Island and determined that 87% of Russians, 83% of Jews, 80% of Hungarians, and 79% of Italians were “feeble minded and had a mental age of less than 12.” His scientific proof was the foundation for the Immigration Act of 1924, restricting American immigration.

The twentieth century demonstrated the epitome of the dangers of “science” determining public policy in Europe. By 1933, German scientists had “proven without doubt” that there were different classes of humans; that the pure Aryan race was scientifically proven to be superior to all others; and that other categories such as Jews were “sub-human” (Untermenschen).

By definition, this meant that, like the black slaves of the 19th century, these sub-humans could and should be marked (with a yellow star if Jewish to distinguish them from the other more human races), isolated and quarantined, and even medically experimented on…all for the purpose of science and to protect the general public.

The Nuremberg Laws of 1935 codified into official public policy these anti-Semitic behaviors, all derived from the “modern science” of the time and based on the idea that the general populace should trust those scientists in order to protect the nation. Ultimately, this led to the Holocaust and the systematic killing of over six million Jews.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/rabbi-mi...are-me-n412181

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:10   #977
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Agreed, Expert and Science are not always the same paradigm.
If we are all being honest about things... Scientist and Science are not always the same paradigm either.

Hell, for that matter, doctor and medicine apparently don't go together like they used to either.

...the word "expert" has pissed me off since I was a PFC and someone referred to an E-5 with a drinking problem as a subject matter expert.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:38   #978
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

JJ Your post by Rabbi Barclay precisely raises the issue to which I was referring when I said, "Now we are the unwitting subjects of a different experiment. But that's a subject for a different discussion."

I intend to follow-up on that point with Rabbi Barclay's comments as my lead.

Finest kind post as usual JJ.
Old 05-23-2020, 15:06   #979
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

https://theprint.in/health/hcq-break...4V0Dq5-GcdTTt8

What did I say? What DID I say??

HCQ breakthrough: ICMR finds it’s effective in preventing coronavirus, expands its use

Three studies find that hydroxychloroquine reduces chances of contracting Covid, so ICMR allows more frontline workers to take it as a preventive drug.

Last edited by Trapper John; 05-23-2020 at 15:08.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 17:54   #980
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
https://theprint.in/health/hcq-break...4V0Dq5-GcdTTt8

HCQ breakthrough: ICMR finds it’s effective in preventing coronavirus, expands its use

Three studies find that hydroxychloroquine reduces chances of contracting Covid, so ICMR allows more frontline workers to take it as a preventive drug.
I guess that means "Stable Genius" Trump is Right!!
Old 05-23-2020, 21:35   #981
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:

Enjoy your "no shit Sherlock!" moment. I can hear that "Die Hard" voice now; "Welcome to the party, pal!" And, frankly, a bunch of America who've been reading more than a 'friends' list for the last 2 months will say it with you.

Let me guess; the CDC could not be reached for comment...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:17   #982
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Have you seen the latest test??
THAT test is for Democrats...because their nasal passage...attached to their head...is...you guessed it...in their rear.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:44   #983
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
THAT test is for Democrats...because their nasal passage...attached to their head...is...you guessed it...in their rear.
Clinical trials on the HCQ suppository?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 05-26-2020, 11:21   #984
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The line of attack will be that India has a financial interest.
Of course, this line of reasoning isn't used against big pharma or Bill Gates here...
https://www.businessinsider.in/busin...w/75031310.cms
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:44   #985
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art...40673620311806

A study published Friday in the Lancet.

LHC
Old 05-26-2020, 13:16   #986
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post
https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art...40673620311806

A study published Friday in the Lancet.

LHC
All the progressives are touting this report as proof positive 45 is to blame and we're all gonna die..

Old 05-26-2020, 13:39   #987
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
All the progressives are touting this report as proof positive 45 is to blame and we're all gonna die..
And 45 made all those clinicians who've had success with not-yet-in-hospital patients become liars out of the clear blue sky. How many of the white coats in Ivory Towers will blow by the tailoring of the basic scenario, because Lancet? All I've really learned out of all this Atari Pong tennis match is that the experts aren't.

And Trump could wake up with a cure that costs 2-bits a dose while simultaneously aborting late-term babies in the Lincoln Bedroom and it would still be OrangeManBad.

Old 05-26-2020, 16:04   #988
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
All I've really learned out of all this Atari Pong tennis match is that the experts aren't.
Give this man a Kewpie Doll..
OR an autografted bottle of Old Crow..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kewpiedoll.jpg (60.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 99055667_10207130743903395_8308570519934861312_o.jpg (90.1 KB, 43 views)

Old 05-27-2020, 04:27   #989
Badger52
Area Commander

Now I need some eye bleach!

Old 05-27-2020, 06:10   #990
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Thanks JJ...that can never be unseen....ever
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote