Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Library

Old 06-28-2015, 12:32   #1
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

LTC (Ret) Scott Mann's new book GAME CHANGERS

Scheduled to release 1 Sept 2015, LTC (Ret) Scott Mann is attempting to take lessons learned this past decade or so to the greater public. I am not a fan of the series of "tell all" books recently released, but I can get behind this attempt to educate the unaffiliated civilian populace on what can be possible when the military's select few are properly supported and tasked. You may or may not be a fan of UW, but when it is needed Green Berets are expected to be the SME's. Good luck David Scott Mann on your book release!

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSco...3275969186136/

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 14:45   #2
Flagg
Area Commander

Excellent. Looking forward to it.....and hoping their is a kindle/ebook version.

I've got him on LinkedIn from having been a follower of his Stability Institute.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:09   #3
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the "heads up". Looking forward to getting a copy myself. Might even have to get a signed copy!
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:36   #4
helicom6
Asset

Scott Mann and Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
Scheduled to release 1 Sept 2015, LTC (Ret) Scott Mann is attempting to take lessons learned this past decade or so to the greater public. I am not a fan of the series of "tell all" books recently released, but I can get behind this attempt to educate the unaffiliated civilian populace on what can be possible when the military's select few are properly supported and tasked. You may or may not be a fan of UW, but when it is needed Green Berets are expected to be the SME's. Good luck David Scott Mann on your book release!

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSco...3275969186136/
I feel LTC (Ret) Scott Mann's book is a welcomed selection for the general populace, that has a much more important social, civil, and political impact for the reader, than the cowboy books that every other past operator wants to divulge.

If the educated reader takes the time to understand his concepts of UW, whether it be military, police, or civilian; his concepts can be used directly in the troubled areas of the United States. I believe Mr. Mann is calling for a return to certain UW standards and concepts, but also pushing the general populace to think about the causes of the birth of a jihadist, what social and civil actions are available to lessen or desist terrorist recruitment or involvement.

My.02
helicom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19   #5
ProudGSMom
Asset

I'm looking forward to the book

But I disagree with the author's statement that we are losing the war. In order to lose a war, one must be an active participant with a strategy to win that has failed.

From this corner, it appears we are winning as we are and continue to achieve the apparent objectives...disengage, ignore the problem, refuse to identify the enemy as being the enemy, arm future enemies....yep, winning on all fronts.

That was said half tongue-in-cheek. Only half.

In all seriousness, I'm very much looking forward to reading the book. Too bad those who most need to be open to this sort of schoolin' will never partake of the chance to learn.
~
"Islam" means "Submission" we are Americans, we do not submit.
~
PS, Sgt. x, you met him before we deployed. He is asking for Double Stuffed Oreos.
~
~~~excerpts from letters home, PFC Andrew Meari, KIA 11/1/10
ProudGSMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:20   #6
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

http://amzn.to/1ExEHNy

The above link is to Scott's book which was just released. I have only had the opportunity to read a few chapters and skim the rest. Initial thoughts: awesome rendition of the US's campaign in Afghanistan, from the inside seat of Command and Control down to the younger Green Berets tasked to implement it. I have more to read and let sink in, but I find it spot on and illuminating. Very impressed with the handsome barrel chested freedom fighter on the cover, looks like a stud.

This book could be a Game Changer all on its own. I'd like to see how my mentors here think.

Blue,,

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 15:26   #7
bandycpa
Guerrilla Chief

Just got it on Kindle. 99 cents was a real deal! surprised how affordable it was.

Excited to dig into it.
Old 09-05-2015, 17:56   #8
Flagg
Area Commander

Purchased. What a bargain.

I think I've seen some of his stuff over at SWJ.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote