Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 02-20-2021, 07:13   #1
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Joe Kent for Congress

A mentor of mine has passed this along and I wanted to forward it. This wasn’t the first time he and other friends had mentioned Joe Kent. They and likely many here who have worked with Joe over the years have a great deal of respect for him, that much is very clear. Others know of him and his family’s story or perhaps read his articles. Regardless of what side of the aisle you support I think we can agree we need better candidates and representatives. Integrity and commitment comes to mind and I believe one will find this with Joe Kent.

https://www.joekentforcongress.com/

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:19   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
A mentor of mine has passed this along and I wanted to forward it. This wasn’t the first time he and other friends had mentioned Joe Kent.
Thanks will pass this along..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:35   #3
bubba
Quiet Professional

I had the distinct honor of serving with Joe in C/1/5 on my first deployment. He’s one of the finest GB’s to have ever served in the Regiment. A true Quiet Professional and absolute Legend. I couldn’t think of a better guy to serve his district and (continue to) this country.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:59   #4
Penn
Area Commander

Done.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 13:16   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

Good luck in Oregon....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 22:26   #6
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Good luck in Oregon....
I didn’t know where that district was and haven’t been in that part of the country but found out that the district is in South West Washington State and that the current representative Jamie Herrera Beutler is actually from the GOP. I’ll bet the people of that district have strong feelings about being in between Portland OR. And Olympia WA. Jamie appears to be one of those Cheney ( WY) types that conveniently forgets who elected her if that interferes with her personal agenda. Liz was censured in WY by their State Legislature and now has a very good chance to be invited back into the private sector next time around.
https://jhb.house.gov/district/

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 23:52   #7
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I had the distinct honor of serving with Joe in C/1/5 on my first deployment. He’s one of the finest GB’s to have ever served in the Regiment. A true Quiet Professional and absolute Legend. I couldn’t think of a better guy to serve his district and (continue to) this country.
Joe looks familiar....he looks like a guy I met as an OJT on ODA 155 he was from 2/75 went to Dive school while there and I think he did go to 5th....I lost touch with him over the years but it looks like him