Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-22-2018, 14:31   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

The papal pedophile protector gets pissed!

The pope is pissed!

Even the 3rd/4th and 5th world countries eventually figure it out. They are not parishioners, but prey..............

Contrite pope apologises for sexual abuse comments that 'wounded many'
Philip Pullella

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (Reuters) - Pope Francis, in an extremely rare act of self-criticism, apologised to victims of clerical sex abuse on Sunday, acknowledging he had “wounded many” in comments defending a Chilean bishop who is under scrutiny.

But while the pope said he was sorry for his choice of words and tone of voice when he testily answered a reporter’s question last Thursday in Chile, he also said he was certain that the prelate, Juan Barros, was innocent.

“I have to apologise,” an unusually contrite pope told reporters aboard the plane returning to Rome from a week-long trip to Chile and Peru, saying he realised he had “wounded many people who were abused”.

“I apologise to them if I hurt them without realising it, but it was a wound that I inflicted without meaning to,” he said. “It pains me very much.”

In the latest twist to a saga that has gripped Chile, Francis said Barros, who is accused of protecting a notorious paedophile, would remain in his place in the diocese of Osorno because there currently was no credible evidence against him

Last Thursday, a Chilean reporter managed to get close the pope at the end of an event and shouted out a question about Barros.

“The day I see proof against Bishop Barros, then I will talk. There is not a single piece of evidence against him. It is all slander. Is that clear?” the pope replied in a snippy tone.

His comments were seen as trying to dismiss the credibility of accusers and was widely criticised by victims, their advocates and newspaper editorials in Chile and the pope’s native Argentina.

SLAP IN THE FACE
Francis said on the plane: “I know how much they (abuse victims) suffer in hearing the pope say to them ‘bring me a letter with the proof,’ I realise that it is a slap in their faces, and now I realise that my expression was an unfortunate one”.

Barros has been accused of protecting his former mentor, the Rev. Fernando Karadima, who was found guilty in a Vatican investigation in 2011 of abusing teenage boys over many years. Karadima denies the allegations, and Barros said he was unaware of any wrongdoing.

Barros was among the men Karadima trained about 20 years ago. Barros and three others went on to become bishops. A Chilean, Juan Carlos Cruz, said Barros saw Karadima abuse him.

cont:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1FB20S
Old 01-27-2018, 08:04   #2
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

To me, it was not the fact The Church had priests that are or were pedophiles. It was how they dealt with the pedophile was the were found out. Most accept the fact people are flawed and that even the most stringent of screening processes allow people too slip through the cracks. I can live with that unpleasant reality. The fact Church officials moved around these guys to different parishes or different assignments and then covered up their crimes is to me simply unforgivable. As a Catholic, I think the whole system should be burned down: the criminals, enablers and those who simply looked the other way and said nothing should all be beaten to death.
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 16:24   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Only way to stop it is to stop giving the catholic church money. That's the only time they would take it seriously.

What other church/religion owns a trillion dollar mansion, in their own fucking country?
Old 02-15-2018, 14:46   #4
ccrn
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Only way to stop it is to stop giving the catholic church money. That's the only time they would take it seriously.

What other church/religion owns a trillion dollar mansion, in their own fucking country?
Total wealth of the Catholic church is approx 10-15 billion. Not trillions. With Islam being in control of most of the worlds oil, they have an estimated 2 trillion in financial assets as a religion. The operational budget of the Vatican is around 300 million compared to Harvard which is about 4 billion.

If one is Catholic and wants to tithe or give the "church" money, one can give at the local level or to specific charities that help the poor (and dont send money to Rome). Its not the church as a whole, but leadership.

Personally, I think Borgoglio and the church have no business telling others how to live until they cleanse the Vatican of their homosexual predator priest infestation. Lead by example, I say.....
Old 02-15-2018, 18:38   #5
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Wealth of the Catholic Church ?????

Basically, NO ONE knows the how much wealth the Catholic Church controls, The secrecy of the organization plus the fact that no one entity has oversight over it leads investigators who seek the facts surrounding its wealth stopped at even guessing what it could be. The Vatican"s cash flow alone is in the hundreds of millions a year, The Vatican"s holdings in the Vatican Bank total around 15 billion dollars.The net worth of the property the church has around the world can not be estimated because it is too vast. The Sistine Chapel and St.Peter"s Basilica are worth probably billions. The Church also owns the largest store of the world"s most priceless art.
Old 02-15-2018, 21:49   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Basically, NO ONE knows the how much wealth the Catholic Church controls, The secrecy of the organization plus the fact that no one entity has oversight over it leads investigators who seek the facts surrounding its wealth stopped at even guessing what it could be. The Vatican"s cash flow alone is in the hundreds of millions a year, The Vatican"s holdings in the Vatican Bank total around 15 billion dollars.The net worth of the property the church has around the world can not be estimated because it is too vast. The Sistine Chapel and St.Peter"s Basilica are worth probably billions. The Church also owns the largest store of the world"s most priceless art.

My amusement is the fact that millions of cult followers, since 2018 years ago, paid for Vatican City (It's own country) and now millions of mormon cult followers are doing the exact same thing.

Enjoy your cults, you paid for them.