Old 01-29-2018, 10:25   #2401
cronjob
Asset

Introduction

I am 26 years old, currently finishing up my PhD. I have spent the last 2 or 3 years thinking about Army Special Forces every single day, reading just about every book and resource I could find on the topic (and related topics). While I could support the goals of our country scientifically, I am motivated to do more. I am an avid distance runner and have been working out regularly with a (now) friend who has successfully trained several others for selection.

I love shooting, hunting, backpacking, and the outdoors. I grew up around firearms, and feel comfortable, but prepared to learn a lot more. I also love to scuba dive, and try to dive year round. My training is as an experimental nuclear physicist, which, unless I'm disarming nuclear weapons will most likely not be directly used; still, I hope to continue applying an analytical and thoughtful approach to problem solving in my work, whatever it may be.

I currently live in North Carolina, not too far from Fort Bragg, although I don't personally know any SF soldiers in the area (aside from some beers with an 18D I randomly met).

While it will be a big leap for me to change over to the military, I am motivated to do so, and looking forward to the possibility of a future involving Special Forces. I intend to enter as an 18X shortly after I complete my doctorate.
cronjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 18:33   #2402
apmarek
BANNED USER

Hello Again

I'm just reintroducing myself, but I'm glad to be on here! If you wanna get to know me just shoot me a PM.
apmarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 22:23   #2403
ABW
Asset

Brief Intro

"With freedom comes responsibility"

After finishing school, studying business management and finance, searching for a worthwhile profession has drawn me to the mission and skill set of the Army and more specifically it's special operations. As soon as I learned the motto of SF was "De Oppresso Liber" I knew that that purpose was something I wanted to aspire to.

Last edited by ABW; 12-26-2020 at 18:55.
ABW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:44   #2404
Kevman0154
Asset

Intro

Hello,

Currently Active Duty Army.I have been thinking alot lately about my future. I always have been fond of SF and their mission and skill sets.I am tired of sitting on the sidelines and am now wanting to take that next step forward. I just started my SF physical today hoping to get a class date before the summer.

Super motivated to learn and succeed SFAS. Been a long time lurker and now its time to put things into practice. Trying to keep my feet on the ground and put in the work necessary before i go.

I really am just astounded by the wealth of knowledge here on the Boards. thanks for the great content.
Kevman0154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:28   #2405
CTEDT
Asset

Good afternoon,

Current USAR 68W working on pursuing a prior service 18x contract now that it has become available to my pay grade.

Work in an emergency dept as a tech in a high volume urban area. Prior to that was doing EMS.

Other interests include: reading, physical fitness, and medicine.
CTEDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 19:04   #2406
BrightGirl
Asset

BrightGirl has returned: new introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Greetings QP Participants!

I am a sheepdog seeking intriguing conversation with other sheepdogs. I love adrenaline-producing activities and have jumped from 14,000 feet, kayaked class III rapids, scuba-dived to 150 feet and ridden my bicycle 53 mph. I love to shoot my Springfield Armory XDM in local competitions and own a variety of weapons. I am very interested in emergency medical first aid and disaster preparations. I used to be a classroom teacher. I honor our military and have participated in two fund-raisers for the families of SF KIA. I intend to do more. I just finished reading Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book, Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill and Dr. Bruce Perry's book, The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog. I am on fire to find a way to help traumatized people.
Old 02-12-2018, 19:35   #2407
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightGirl View Post
Greetings QP Participants!

I am a sheepdog seeking intriguing conversation with other sheepdogs. I love adrenaline-producing activities and have jumped from 14,000 feet, kayaked class III rapids, scuba-dived to 150 feet and ridden my bicycle 53 mph. I love to shoot my Springfield Armory XDM in local competitions and own a variety of weapons. I am very interested in emergency medical first aid and disaster preparations. I used to be a classroom teacher. I honor our military and have participated in two fund-raisers for the families of SF KIA. I intend to do more. I just finished reading Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's book, Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill and Dr. Bruce Perry's book, The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog. I am on fire to find a way to help traumatized people.
BrightGirl

Welcome to the site. Grossman is a Hack. Read a lot on the site before posting so you gain a feel and so you have a good idea what is here. The site is not Facebook and is here for QPs and their guest.

Enjoy.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:18   #2408
RobJ
Asset

New to Forum

My name is Rob. I am currently a student with an Intercultural Studies major. I am 35 years old and am an Air Force veteran of six years and most recently a car salesman. After making the decision to go back into the military in March 2017, my wife and I decided that special operations was the route we were going to take. After much research Special Forces stands out as the best option. Specifically the opportunity to work side-by-side with other countries, being apart of such an elite group, and of course, the cool-guy stuff.

We made the decision to move to a school where I can use the GI Bill, so I can get back in the swing of education, but really just have the extra time to train in preparation for the 18X program. I am currently running a two-a-days program with runs, rucks, calisthenics, and strength training. It just so happens that I am able to train with a recently separated Combat Controller, which has been very educational and has pushed me physically.

I am glad and humbled to participate in this forum, to glean wisdom from those who have gone before me. Thank you.
RobJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 14:32   #2409
its_just_loo
Asset

Introduction

Hello, I've served as an MP in the National Guard for the past 8 years with 2 tours under my belt. I'm currently studying to retake my ASVAB so I can raise my GT score to or, preferably, higher than 110. I joined this website because my LT, who's hoping to join SF as well, recommended this site to expand my knowledge. I'm looking forward to reading more of these forums & gaining more knowledge from the QP's.
its_just_loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:54   #2410
KingOfTheRunts
Asset

Prior Service Soldier, working on getting back in the Army.

I've been out for 5 years now, and have wanted to get back in for the past 3 years. Finally, the Prior Service Business Rules are in my favor, and I'm in contact with a recruiter getting everything in order and completed. The logistics of it aren't simple when joining from overseas, but just a small hurdle along the path.

I've been fairly active since leaving the Army, and have kept in decent shape, though I have placed lots more emphasis on speed strength and endurance over the past few months, in preparation for procuring an 18X contract.

Glad to be welcomed here as a guest, and I hope to absorb as much knowledge as possible from all of the BTDT's.
KingOfTheRunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:59   #2411
TheBeatenPath
Asset

New 18C in 3rd Group, x-ray who doesn't jack without a senior. Looking forward to getting/finding some sage advice for, 1st deployment coming up.
TheBeatenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:28   #2412
brianp
Asset

BrianP Introduction

Hello.
Currently active Navy (E6 9+yrs). Spent the last 6 years with NECC, 5 of those with a "riverine" squadron and spent a year as a qualed JTAC. Slowly and painfully watched everything we trained for and my platoon phased out, and the brown water tradition die. I have been forced back to shore duty doing a job I can't stand, surrounded by people I do not fit in with what so ever.
Now that I'm a little bit older, some what wiser and a lot more humble, with some gas left in the tank, I'm looking to switch over and pursue a career with SF. I've had the privelage of training alongside quite a few SOF guys from every branch and the SF guys I've met were without a doubt top of the list when it comes to professionalism, maturity, being down to earth and all around good people. That is what I want to be a part of the most.
After searching for info and not getting any real advice or info from recruiters, I found myself here. Seems like the best place to self educate and answer anything anyone could imagine.
Thank you for letting me sit in. -BrianP
brianp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 15:20   #2413
Jecunnin
Asset

Introduction

Thanks for y'all's service.
I'm J from Amarillo Texas, I joined yesterday with an 18x and ship out April 16. I want to earn everything I get, and I plan on working hard to achieve it. I have a lot of respect for y'all and I hope to earn the honor of being part of the US Army Special Forces. Thanks for this site and the information it contains. I'm 29, I have a bachelors degree in biology, scored a 98 on the ASVAB, and in great shape. I tried becoming a SEAL first, and the Navy wouldn't give me an age waiver. Their physical screening test (PST) is: 500 meter combat side stroke swim, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, 1.5 mile run. I scored: 8:32, 77, 72, 16, 9:04. I have gotten my calisthenics up to: 80+, 80+, 20+, and continuing to work on them. I have a chip on my shoulder that the Navy didn't want me, and after researching and developing a faint idea of what y'all do, this is 100% my first option, and I feel like God had this plan for me all along. I scored "heavy" on the OPAT today. I'm looking forward to the challenge, extremely excited, I'm hoping to learn lots, keep my mouth shut, ears open, head down, and feet moving. I believe everything I shared in this post won't mean jack unless I have the mental toughness and fortitude to not quit, and I believe 100% that I have that mentality and the determination to accomplish this. Again thank you for your time, this website, and most importantly your service that keeps our great nation free, it's an honor to comment here.

J

Welcome aboard, we don't require names. Team Sergeant
Jecunnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 15:26   #2414
Sleepy
Asset

My name is David i grew up overseas and recently moved to the US to hopefully serve in the US Military at some point. I've signed an 18x contract and i hope to ship out soon.
I've thougt about this becoming a reality for a year now and hope everything will be resolved.

Last edited by Sleepy; 02-23-2018 at 16:11.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 20:41   #2415
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Howdy!

Hey Jecunnin,
I’m also in Amarillo. It’s a small world. I’ll tell you this site is awesome for gathering knowledge from the QP’s. Just make sure to do a lot of reading and use the search bar. I’ve been on here since 2011 and it seems like the majority of the questions that people ask have already been answered. I just wanted to drop in and say “Hello!” and good luck to you. Feel free to message me at anytime. By the way, I was a Captain on AFD until last November. I injured my knee and was forced to retire. Stay safe!

Twitchy
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote