Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 09-18-2014, 12:34   #1651
Trappertod
Asset

Hello to all the good folks here and thank you for allowing me here. I live in Johnston County, NC and ended up here by accident looking for a friend. I am a maint. mechanic and Pastor, I have 3 kids and I am very blessed. I found my friend who came home dying from ALS, he is medically retired from the 7th group. I was hoping to maybe come in contact with some of his team mates and friends. Anyways enough for me, again many thanks!

I posted in the welcome in error, but my introduction for the most part is there. I will just highlight, I live in Johnston County, NC. I found myself here looking for a 7th group childhood friend that was diagnosed with ALS. I am hoping to connect with some of his team and friends here. If some of you here know him I will be glad to put a thread on him in the appropriate place. I will tell you all his time is very short. Thanks for allowing me here!
Trappertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 17:14   #1652
Volunteer
Asset

Thank you for your service.

Hello Everyone.

For starters, Thanks to all you you who have or are serving now. You have my utmost respect and admiration.

A brief introduction. I'm primarily a computer professional, emphasis on network and computer security. I've also held several positions in broadcast engineering. I'm also a volunteer with Army MARS here in Oregon, operating an HF to Internet gateway that runs 24/7/365.
I was recruited as a volunteer fire fighter / medic just prior to 9/11 in rural Oregon and served as a volunteer for more than 12 years along with the day job. Along the way have met many men of high quality, many of which are retired military.
Following 9/11, the nature of the ongoing fire training changed dramatically which really opened my eyes to risks and threats not considered before as presented by Janes in small flip books issued to us by the state police.
As a lurker, I've been reading and absorbing a lot of information across all your fields of discussion for several months. The forums and collective wisdom here is simply amazing and I know I'll learn a lot. Unless I have anything constructive to contribute I'll remain mostly a lurker. I'll carefully consider each post prior to inserting my foot. I'm also am amateur blacksmith so I'm following some threads much more closely than others.

Respectfully,
Volunteer
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:57   #1653
R0cket
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Ben and I am 24 years old, currently attending college full-time. Grew up in Philadelphia all my life and I am planning on enlisting after graduation as an 18X.

Thank you all.
R0cket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23   #1654
Revii
Asset

Hello,

My name is Roger. I'm an AF vet from 2008-2012. I'm married to the girl I met 8 years ago in high school. We have two kids, a three year old girl and a month old boy. I love to read books, mostly fiction with a selection of non-fiction that captures my interest.

I've been a civilian now for nearly two years, and I miss the military. Watching the news every day with the crap about ISIS just makes the blood boil. I'm ready to get back in the saddle after my PRK surgery next year. I appreciate the info and opinions found on this forum, and look forward to learning more from my future peers.

Thank you

Last edited by Revii; 09-22-2014 at 12:26. Reason: Grammar error
Revii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:39   #1655
Ares6992
SF Candidate

Introduction

I joined Professional Soldiers a couple years ago with the goal of someday getting a chance to attend selection. Up to this point I've simply been a "lurker;" my personal life has been such that SFAS was not an option.

For a little bit of information about me, I'm 22, married and have a 5 month old baby. I've served in the MOARNG for the past 5 years as a 12T. Additionally, I've spent the last 15 months on ADOS orders working as a Military Funeral Honors team member. Recently, the program received some significant budget cuts, and I was told that as of 01OCT2014 my position was going to be cut. I had already been seriously considering requesting a conditional release to go active duty in about a year from now, however, in light of my job loss I decided to take advantage of a bad situation, and I'm now in the process of getting a conditional release from my Guard unit in order to enlist as an 18X.
Ares6992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 17:52   #1656
Old_Orrlak
Asset

Intro

Active duty at Bragg getting ready for retirement and wanted to find a place to keep in contact.
Hello and thanks to all especially Don B.

"do what you can, with what you have, where you're at..."
Teddy Roosevelt
Old_Orrlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:03   #1657
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Welcome Gent's (and ladies)

Welcome one and all!

Those of you going to Special Forces training please read the Pipeline forums before asking the Special Forces soldiers questions. All those with a "Quiet Professional" as their title are vetted Special Forces soldiers (aka Green Berets). And most have 20 plus years of Special Forces experience.

Team Sergeant
Old 10-04-2014, 13:05   #1658
Dokkodo
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I am a senior studying Information Systems at a university in Boston and I recently joined the DEP under an 18x contract. I've already learned a lot from this website and plan to continue doing so.

Have a great day.
Dokkodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 15:32   #1659
ModernFirearms
Asset

Hello, My Introduction

Hello,

First and foremost I'd like to thank all the QPs and others that serve (civil servants) for their service, bravery and selflessness. What we have we have because of you.

I work in the automotive aftermarket, am single, 35 YO and live in OH. I have never served, my father was in the Navy and served back in the late 50s.

As my profile states I'm here to learn, and will lurk and read, soaking up the information 99.9999% of the time. You may see a question from me but it will more likely come as a PM.

Again thank you!
ModernFirearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 14:48   #1660
rhoadesel
Asset

Hello everyone,

I am a 32 year old living in AZ, I have had an itch to serve my country since I was about 7 and in a special operations since about 6th grade. The quite professional I have met in life have taught me a lot. I know if you mind is strong enough to tell your body to shut up and do something it will.

I have little under 13 years prior service (Navy E6) discharged in 2012. Since then I have started a career with a great company that supports military service and have a lot of free time. so would like to peruse SF opportunities with the NG and possibly back to active duty.

The NG recruiter tells me that the best route for me would be 11b since it a short school it would allow me to get to my goal faster. I do have a few questions and have done quite a bit of research.

Thank you in advance for your time and any information or answers you may provide.
rhoadesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:08   #1661
ChosenSoldier21
Asset

Personal Introduction

For my intro I would like to start by thanking the creators of the Forum. There are many facets in which I see the Forum bennifiting Special Forces as a community.

I am blessed with the opportunity to work as an Intelligence Analyst for 1/10 SFG (A) based in Germany. The Army has been my life since I was a young boy. I've had many distractions and side-tracks. The one thing that has sustained is my love for service.

I'm working towards a dream that I have sacrificed some. A dream that many have sacrificed all.

While I am fortunate for my assignment, I'm looking for more. A path with weight. A path where the people and things I influence bennifit my children as well as theirs.

Respectfully,
ChosenSoldier21
Old 10-11-2014, 17:41   #1662
Gunther88
Asset

Person Introduction

Greetings to All,

My name is Mike and I am a 26-year-old living in Denver. I finally was able to sign an 18x contract yesterday after 3+ years of unsuccessfully being able to join the military. I have been lurking on this forum for a long time and I am extremely grateful for all the invaluable information I have been able to find. My ship date is set for March so I will continue to train and research and look forward to joining the ranks and pursing my goals in the United States Army.

Thanks
Gunther88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 21:58   #1663
conco303
Asset

I'm 23 years old and recently graduated with a BS in International Affairs and a Minor in Cyber Security. War has touched every side of my family, whether they were volunteering to fight for America in sandy, date-palm tree strewn areas of the world, or they were fleeing to America from those same areas, because Christians in the Middle East don't end up sitting very pretty if they have a run in with HAMAS or Al Qaeda.

I took the ASVAB and scored a 127 on my GT line. My AFQT was 98 percentile, and needless to say the recruiter basically told me that I could pick the contract I felt suited my skills most astutely, and the rest was up to my work ethic. As I implied earlier, I have some familial ties to the ME, so I actually grew up speaking Arabic, being lucky enough to visit Beirut and Amman in times of peace and prosperity, and attending a Lebanese/Syrian Christian church stateside. I also learned how to speak Spanish and am currently teaching myself Russian.

I decided that because of my linguistic skills, my understanding of other cultures, my skills with an M9 since I was 16 and my relatively high IQ I would become a CI Special Agent. I quickly learned that was a pipe dream and a half. But then, I read an amazing book about these guys that rode into Afghanistan just a month after 9/11 on horseback, hooked up with some CIA paramil Officers and rallied together the Northern Alliance. In my heart, I have been a Green Beret since then. But I know that my brain alone will not get me there, and that the physical challenges are beyond taxing.

Also, I think that running special operations in destinations around the globe sounds significantly more exciting and less soul-sucking than grueling away at a PhD in Strategic Intel or Forensic Psychology for 3 years immediately.

Last edited by conco303; 10-11-2014 at 22:01.
conco303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 22:17   #1664
FrankCastle18b
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappertod View Post
Hello to all the good folks here and thank you for allowing me here. I live in Johnston County, NC and ended up here by accident looking for a friend. I am a maint. mechanic and Pastor, I have 3 kids and I am very blessed. I found my friend who came home dying from ALS, he is medically retired from the 7th group. I was hoping to maybe come in contact with some of his team mates and friends. Anyways enough for me, again many thanks!

I posted in the welcome in error, but my introduction for the most part is there. I will just highlight, I live in Johnston County, NC. I found myself here looking for a 7th group childhood friend that was diagnosed with ALS. I am hoping to connect with some of his team and friends here. If some of you here know him I will be glad to put a thread on him in the appropriate place. I will tell you all his time is very short. Thanks for allowing me here!
Are you talking about Larry Alford?
FrankCastle18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 23:27   #1665
dontcallmedoc
Asset

Introductions

Hello there QP community, 24 year old currently trying to re-enlist into 68W in the NG, then work my way towards airborne, hopefully SOCM, then SFAS. Any info will always be greatly appreciated. Hope to learn a lot from all of you!

__________________________________________________ ________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit
-Aristotle
dontcallmedoc is offline   Reply With Quote