Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-27-2015, 14:57   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Why I will vote for Mr. Trump....

Trump said recently of his GOP opponents, “Hey they can make fun of me if they want. They can belittle me if they want. They can badmouth me all they want, but they can’t change the facts. The truth is what it is –It’s they who made broken promise after broken promise. They have failed and continue to fail to stop the far left, communist wrecking ball that has almost killed the country. If you want American to be great again vote for me. I will make American great again. You want more political smoke blown up your ass? Vote for one of them.”

http://alreporter.com/archives/2015/...le-friday.html
Old 08-27-2015, 15:37   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Someone needs to get me a TRUMP Campaign Button. Can not find a office here in ABQ... That would make two women I work with go crazy...
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 15:38   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

Political correctness versus no PC...
Open borders versus a big ass fence with a real nice door...
He pays for his own election costs...
Veterans and military become priority...
Traditional lobbyists can suck a...
Make America great again...
ISIS et al finally get what they have long deserved...
Mexico pays for a wall...
No need for Air Force 1...Trump's got his own jet !

Trump and Cruz have an event planned against Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran.

Trump has arguably energized an otherwise lethargic GOP.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 15:40   #4
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

I'm with you for exactly the same reason. Ted Cruz has said it repeatedly, the voter gave the Right the House in '12, then the Senate in '14, but not a f#$king thing has changed.

Trump is more Progressive than I'd like, but one thing is for sure, he is NOT the career politician (both sides of the aisle) that has DESTROYED our once great Nation, so I for one am more than ready for something completely different, and right now Trump is as different as you can vote for.
Old 08-27-2015, 16:27   #5
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Someone needs to get me a TRUMP Campaign Button. Can not find a office here in ABQ... That would make two women I work with go crazy...
I want his campaign to come out with a deck of Trump cards.

I know he is full of crap on things like the 14th Amendment and building a wall, but about everything else he is running on resonates with me. I loved what he said yesterday when the reporter was trying to bait him into the Virginia shootings were a gun control issue. IMHO he is better when he just cuts to the chase and doesn't posture.
Old 08-27-2015, 16:59   #6
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
I know he is full of crap on things like the 14th Amendment
He is right about the 14th amendment. From the Senator who presented it to the senate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen. Jacob Howard
[The 14th amendment] will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of person.
Also:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...5&postcount=31

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...3&postcount=45

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 17:41   #7
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

I'm generally for Trump. One thing gives me pause. His position on taxes. He on record for increasing taxes on people like him. This is a proven losing strategy.

His position would be much stronger, and supported by most of the populous, if he abolished the irs and instituted a flat sales tax or the fair tax and declawed the irs.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 18:57   #8
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Me? Right here. Yes, it's the messenger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7KHWdyrbI
Old 08-27-2015, 19:07   #9
tonyz
Area Commander

Lol, love to see that MOFO Trump go after that snake Eric Holder and then rename his former best seller..."The Art of The Squeal !"

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 19:25   #10
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Trump said recently of his GOP opponents, “Hey they can make fun of me if they want. They can belittle me if they want. They can badmouth me all they want, but they can’t change the facts. The truth is what it is –It’s they who made broken promise after broken promise. They have failed and continue to fail to stop the far left, communist wrecking ball that has almost killed the country. If you want American to be great again vote for me. I will make American great again. You want more political smoke blown up your ass? Vote for one of them.”

http://alreporter.com/archives/2015/...le-friday.html
Good stuff, I'll give him that!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 20:52   #11
Richard
Quiet Professional

I fear people are conflating Trump's reality TV 'openess' and business acumen with his suitabilty for POTUS.

I remember when my brother, a rancher, was going through tough times and considered declaring bankruptcy. My Dad took him outside and told him that 'we' don't do that - we pay our bills and if he did that he would be disowned. My brother figured it out and paid the bills, but he got out of farming.

As for Mr Trump... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...ry?id=13419250

I'll wait for the ballot to see who I vote for or against.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 21:22   #12
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I fear people are conflating Trump's reality TV 'openess' and business acumen with his suitabilty for POTUS.

I'll wait for the ballot to see who I vote for or against.

Richard
At present the suitable qualifications for POTUS are that of a drug addict....lying, cheating, stealing and self prostitution.
Old 08-27-2015, 21:27   #13
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
At present the suitable qualifications for POTUS are that of a drug addict....lying, cheating, stealing and self prostitution.
Last time I looked at the Constitution, that wasn't the case.

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 08-27-2015, 22:23   #14
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

As for Mr Trump... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...ry?id=13419250

Richard
As has been posted here on this board and elsewhere on social media, "What we need is a CEO, NOT a politician." I tending to lean in that direction.

The link that you posted is more than four years old and was brought up at the last debate ...

His response ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCydILh7rOQ

HE himself hasn't ever gone bankrupt or filed for bankruptcy, only on four occasions has his company had to file bankruptcy on four separate projects.

I'm still not totally in his camp, nor anyone else's at this point, but I will say honestly, I do like the direction he is going and what he is saying. We still have a long way to go before election day.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 22:25   #15
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
HE himself hasn't ever gone bankrupt or filed for bankruptcy, only on four occasions has his company had to file bankruptcy on four separate projects.
Funniest thing I've read lately.

Richard