Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-10-2015, 19:14   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

James Carville: Trump Supporters Do Not Like the Republican Party

For once I agree with MSNBC.....

James Carville: Trump Supporters Do Not Like the Republican Party
by Pam Key10 Aug 2015

Monday on MSNBC, long-time Clinton ally Democratic strategist James Carville said Donald Trump supporters “do not like the Republican party,” pointing to House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other establishment Republicans as evidence in a comparison he drew to the dynamic between Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, both candidates for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Carville said, “The difference is that the people who are voting for Bernie Sanders—actually most of them really like Hillary Clinton, and the people voting for Hillary Clinton—a lot of them like Bernie Sanders. The people voting for Donald Trump—they do not like the Republican party. They do not like Boehner and McConnell and the other establishment Republicans. So that’s what is going on on the Republican side is a little different than what is going this Democratic side.”

Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...ublican-party/
Old 08-10-2015, 19:40   #2
Sdiver
Area Commander

I didn't leave the Republican party ... The Republican party left me.

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 19:45   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I don't agree. Obama won the nomination in the same way Ted Cruz is going to win for the GOP. He stood up for what the base really wanted. He's a super-lefty just like all the hippies who voted for him.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 21:47   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
I don't agree. Obama won the nomination in the same way Ted Cruz is going to win for the GOP. He stood up for what the base really wanted. He's a super-lefty just like all the hippies who voted for him.
Well Ted needs to quit spamming me with emails and letters asking for money every 2nd day. I donate as I wish and just like the NRA did by the same technique it turns off their supporters.

Oh and Screw Carville.....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 21:58   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I hope you are right.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 22:29   #6
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Well Ted needs to quit spamming me with emails and letters asking for money every 2nd day. I donate as I wish and just like the NRA did by the same technique it turns off their supporters.

Oh and Screw Carville.....
Doh! Sorry about that . . . I can get you unsubscribed if clicking the link on the emails doesn't work. Just shoot me a PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 22:39   #7
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Doh! Sorry about that . . . I can get you unsubscribed if clicking the link on the emails doesn't work. Just shoot me a PM.
The emails were not so bad but when I got home the other day I had 7 pieces of mail looking for donations within a 2 week period. I can just delete emails.

The NRA found out if you hound me I do not respond well.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:46   #8
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

There is a degree of truth to what he is saying. Cruz points out often that Voters spoke when they put Republicans in charge of both houses, yet NOTHING has changed from Pelosi and Reed...nothing. That is what Republicans do not like. Boehner and McConnell are both so deeply embedded in the Beltway Good 'ole Boy Network that they are as worthless as their predecessors. That is what Republicans do not like, and its why Trump has the draw that he has, whatever he is, he is clearly not the same 'ole thing.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:27   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRODA396 View Post
There is a degree of truth to what he is saying. Cruz points out often that Voters spoke when they put Republicans in charge of both houses, yet NOTHING has changed from Pelosi and Reed...nothing. That is what Republicans do not like. Boehner and McConnell are both so deeply embedded in the Beltway Good 'ole Boy Network that they are as worthless as their predecessors. That is what Republicans do not like, and its why Trump has the draw that he has, whatever he is, he is clearly not the same 'ole thing.
Exactly why Mr. Trump is going strong. I'm sick of RINO's, hope and change etc.

It's time for "kick ass and take names".

I see a Trump/Cruz ticket........
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59   #10
Box
Quiet Professional

Never thought I'd be in agreement with James Carville over ANY political issue...
...who'd a' thunk it
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:15   #11
cedsall
Guerrilla

Right in line with the oft used Reagan quote from the 1975 CPAC "raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people"

People look at the Republican incumbents in DC and don't see any difference. They're so enmeshed in Washington politics that they just stand there with their mouths hanging open because the President threatens a veto.

Everything we hear from them is just conciliatory pap. There's no leadership.

Now... 97Charlie... there was an MOS!
--ZonieDiver
cedsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:52   #12
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...medium=twitter
Old 08-11-2015, 12:10   #13
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Cruz paused and then replied, “Donald Trump had a rally in Phoenix, Ariz. [to which] between 10 and 20 thousand people came out. When you attack and vilify the people at that rally as crazies, it does nothing to help Republicans win in 2016.
When ANY politician decides to attack and vilify citizens it only shows that the politician has forgotten who he works for and that he should just stop pretending that he gives a shit about anything but 'fundraising".
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:48   #14
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:

I would agree with Mr. Cruz. And this time I do not care if Mr. Trumps run splits the vote, I'm sick of the GOP and what's it's not doing. (And I actually thought the GOP owned the House and Senate.......)

I'd call Zero spineless but I'm being a hypocrite, the entire GOP are spineless.

Mr. Trump has a spine, a voice and a clear message, we're sick of the status quo.

Ted Cruz: Contempt for Donald Trump Supporters Will Guarantee GOP Defeat
by Breitbart News10 Aug 2015

FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday warned that the Republican presidential candidates who are slamming Donald Trump do so at their political peril.

Cruz’s remarks, which came during an interview with POLITICO as he swings through the South on a bus tour, are among the most detailed comments to date regarding his reluctance to criticize the real estate mogul, who is currently leading the polls in the GOP primary.

“I would … note that an awful lot of Republicans, including other Republican candidates, have gone out of their way to smack Donald Trump with a stick. Now I think that’s just foolish,” he said.

Asked why, Cruz paused and then replied, “Donald Trump had a rally in Phoenix, Ariz. [to which] between 10 and 20 thousand people came out. When you attack and vilify the people at that rally as crazies, it does nothing to help Republicans win in 2016. I’d like every single person at that rally to show up and vote in 2016, knock on doors with energy and passion, and turn this country around. If Washington politicians show contempt and condescension to those [voters,] that is a path to losing at the ballot box.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...medium=twitter
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51   #15
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Trump is not seen as a "governing" leader.
He's seen as a revolutionary leader seeking to tear down existing power structures.

There's a difference.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote