Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-03-2015, 11:28   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Federal Agents Joining Baltimore Police

This should prove extremely interesting.....especially since the ATF will be heavily involved. Google ATF and Randy Weaver, then google ATF and WACO or Branch Davidians.

ATF agents, switching body cams to "off"......

This is what happens when you appoint a very low IQ individual (Stephanie C. Rawlings-Blake) as mayor.

Should make for some great TV/news soon......

Federal Agents Joining Baltimore Police to Combat Murder Spike
by Lee Stranahan 3 Aug 2015 Baltimore, MD

In the wake of an unprecented murder spike, the Baltimore police announced Sunday that ten federal agents from a variety of agencies plus another twenty agents from the ATF will he embedded with the homicide unit “effective tomorrow.”

As Breitbart News has reported, Baltimore has had an “historic high” 191 murders in 2015, with half of them coming in the three months following April’s riots over the death of Freddie Gray and calls for an “uprising” by radical anti-police activist group Black Lives Matter.

The move to put federal agents into place in Baltimore also comes on the heels of a March President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing report touted by President Obama. That report called for more federal involvement with police agencies, with the president saying, “The moment is now for us to make these changes.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-murder-spike/
Old 08-03-2015, 11:42   #2
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

I have been thinking that the end game is to federalize key municipal police forces. This may be the first move toward that end in a key city.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46   #3
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Ah, yes.....

City Cops beat the shit out of a guy because of a knife that may or may not be slightly longer than legal. Guy dies in the back of police van.....
City residents are, "WTF!?"....
Cops and admin are, "Legit....go away."
People riot.
Mayor says, "Let them riot...."
Cops say, "Fuck this. I'm not arresting anyone then."
Thugs say, "FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMM!"
Citizens are like, "OMFG! Where are the cops?!"
Mayor says, "Bring in the G-men thugs to fight the street thugs....."

Citizens lose period.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:53   #4
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

So to combat the rise in murders, which was caused by reducing police presence and enforcement of existing laws, an even bigger gubment agency is being called in to supplement the reduced force of the smaller agency.

That mayor should just shoot herself in the face. This is a recipe for a black lives matter vs the police war.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:57   #5
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Streck-Fu and Hand. Youse guys aren't paying attention. It's all a misdirection. The objective is federal control of BPD!! Next up- St Louis, Chicago, Detroit, NYC???
Old 08-03-2015, 11:58   #6
Santo Tomas
Guerrilla

Having spent some time as a LEO I can't help think A LOT of the problem is/was affirmative action. I've always said that they should remove the gender and race block from the applications and only look at the test scores.

Never will happen though.

Just my .02.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:28   #7
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Streck-Fu and Hand. Youse guys aren't paying attention. It's all a misdirection. The objective is federal control of BPD!! Next up- St Louis, Chicago, Detroit, NYC???
Ok, Ill bite!
I recognize the sarcasm Trapper John but out of curiosity, lets debate your claim.

Given the very, very real awareness of the misdeeds of a minority (hopefully) of the police force in general. Given the awareness of the unnecessary and scary militarization of police forces in general. Given the increased awareness of large scale spying on American citizens, the increased uses of drones and cellular evesdropping, how in your mind would the gov pull off federalizing large police forces?

Unless its vewy vewy quiet...
Old 08-03-2015, 13:04   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
how in your mind would the gov pull off federalizing large police forces

I'll bite:

I'd start by opening federal law enforcement training centers in a few out-of-the-way places around the country.

Glynco, Georgia might be a good place to train federal law enforcement officers. I grew up in Georgia, so it would be close to home.

Maybe I'd put one somewhere in the southwest; Artesia, New Mexico would probably be a good spot.

I don't like the cold and I am partial to the east coast, so I'd probably put another one somewhere near the beach. Charleston, SC would be a good spot.

Just for good measure, since this thread is about Baltimore and the remote possibility that a Federal Police Force could even be fielded, I would put another federal law enforcement training center south of the city of Baltimore, but much closer to Washington DC.
...Cheltenham, MD would be a good spot.

Hell, just for good measure, I'd probably go international and put one in Gabarone, Botswana for shits and giggles.

I wouldn't do this on a lark mind you. Clearly, American law enforcement has "an urgent need for high-quality, cost-effective training by a cadre of professional instructors using modern training facilities and standardized course content."

I would also make sure that if such an institution existed, that they take their "responsibility to provide this training to the vast majority of Federal law enforcement personnel very seriously."

I'd also try and develop a strategic goal by making some sort of formal remark like, "The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center is absolutely committed to providing the best training possible to all of the law enforcement organizations that we serve. In this context, we believe that a comprehensive strategic planning process is vital to our success. The FLETC Strategic Plan is a framework for the objectives we identified to achieve our goals."

I'm not sure how successful it would be, but if I was hoping for it to relevant and ready for employment by mid-2015, I'd build a time machine and go back in time 40 years to make sure I had enough time to get things running smoothly. May 1975 sounds like a good target date.
...plus 1975 would be a good time for me to replace some of those baseball cards that I stuck in the spokes of my bicycle. Who knew that a George brett rookie card would sell for 400 dollars someday?
...yep, I'd go back in time to to 1975 to start my federal law enforcement training center.

...but that's just me. I'm a gambler.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 08-03-2015 at 13:13.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 13:17   #9
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Quote:
That report called for more federal involvement with police agencies, with the president saying, “The moment is now for us to make these changes.”
Never let a good crisis go to waste.....

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 13:45   #10
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
I'll bite:
Hooollllleeeee Fuck.
If you had created such a thing, I'm sure you would have a course catalog including stuff like... say

Intelligence Analyst Training Program, or
International Banking and Money Laundering Training Program, or
Land Transportation Antiterrorism Training Program, or maybe a
Maritime Tactical Operations Training Program.
A National Suspension and Debarment Training Program sounds innocuous enough, so does the Precision Rifle Observer Program and the
Submachine Gun Instructor Training Program.

Hmm. That's a great idea Billy L-bach. I'm so glad that no one would actually find the funding or have the fore site to pull of some hoo hah like this.
Old 08-03-2015, 14:11   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

There's actually more FLETC centers than Billy posted.

And where would the "feds" have HQ's for all these federal agencies.... Fusion Centers, where the feds spy on Americans in all 57 states.

"If You See Something, Say Something" (And DHS, FBI, ATF etc etc etc will send a SWAT team....)

Your tax dollars spent spying on yourself.
Old 08-03-2015, 14:17   #12
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Hooollllleeeee Fuck.
If you had created such a thing, I'm sure you would have a course catalog including stuff like... say

Intelligence Analyst Training Program, or
International Banking and Money Laundering Training Program, or
Land Transportation Antiterrorism Training Program, or maybe a
Maritime Tactical Operations Training Program.
A National Suspension and Debarment Training Program sounds innocuous enough, so does the Precision Rifle Observer Program and the
Submachine Gun Instructor Training Program.

Hmm. That's a great idea Billy L-bach. I'm so glad that no one would actually find the funding or have the fore site to pull of some hoo hah like this.

...actually I am more interested in finishing my time machine so I can score a few George Brett rookie cards
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 14:25   #13
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Ok, Ill bite!
I recognize the sarcasm Trapper John but out of curiosity, lets debate your claim.

Unless its vewy vewy quiet...
Two points: #1) I wasn't being sarcastic.

And #2) Everything is hidden in plain sight. (Hint: don't focus on the obvious or the headlines). See previous comments especially from Billy L-bach.

And remember the President has a pen and a phone. Just waiting for the right opportunity (crisis).

Last edited by Trapper John; 08-03-2015 at 17:41. Reason: Micro-aggressive homonyms!
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 15:46   #14
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Now my question is whether Baltimore, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit and NYC would be considered strategic location.....FOB's so to speak.

And lastly a related topic from June....

Quote:
Now in an unprecedented move, a federal agency is joining the effort to get gun crimes under control, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported Monday.
http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...ad.php?t=48994

Last edited by Paslode; 08-03-2015 at 16:08.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 18:00   #15
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Oh and Hand - one scenario could be "federal assistance" to so-called sanctuary cities to help "enforce immigration laws" and deal with illegals in accordance with laws like the proposed "Kate's Law".

The political genius of this is that the Republicans have been clamoring for Federal enforcement of immigration laws and crackdown on the sanctuary cities so the stupid Republicans can not object. The public opinion appears to be in favor of action too. The Progressives that might object can be appeased on this fairly easily too.

So what we have is liberal policy, rhetoric, and Administration inaction creating a situation (crisis) and a public uproar. OK, we'll just come in and settle the issue by "assisting" the local LE.

Classic Munchausen syndrome - create the problem (crisis) so you can be the hero with the solution.

That's not an overt federal takeover of the local LE, but it's a step in that direction. Think of the camel's nose parable. In fact to be successful the approach needs to be gradual. As I said - boiling frogs.

So, Paslode, you can add San Francisco to that list.