Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-03-2015, 12:02   #31
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoering View Post
Now that I've had a chance to think on it, six choices seems so limiting. I'm feeling a micro-aggression here.....
This newspeak "micro-aggression" BS is driving me bat-shit crazy! WTF is a "micro-aggression anyway - an attack by a midget? Oh, excuse me ... a "little person".
Old 08-03-2015, 16:13   #32
ddoering
Quiet Professional

For your entertainment:

Microaggression theory

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2014)

This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (September 2014)

Microaggression is a recently coined term which some use to refer to unintended discrimination. Psychiatrist and Harvard University professor Chester M. Pierce coined the word microaggression in 1970 to describe insults and dismissals he said he had regularly witnessed non-black Americans inflict on African Americans.[1][2][3][4] In 1973, MIT economist Mary Rowe extended the term to include similar aggressions directed at women; eventually, the term came to encompass the casual degradation of any socially marginalized group, such as poor people, disabled people and sexual minorities.[citation needed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microaggression_theory
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:20   #33
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoering View Post
For your entertainment:

Microaggression theory

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2014)

This article may lend undue weight to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. (September 2014)

Microaggression is a recently coined term which some use to refer to unintended discrimination. Psychiatrist and Harvard University professor Chester M. Pierce coined the word microaggression in 1970 to describe insults and dismissals he said he had regularly witnessed non-black Americans inflict on African Americans.[1][2][3][4] In 1973, MIT economist Mary Rowe extended the term to include similar aggressions directed at women; eventually, the term came to encompass the casual degradation of any socially marginalized group, such as poor people, disabled people and sexual minorities.[citation needed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microaggression_theory
WTF. Just another overthinking POS that has nothing else to do than dream up more PC terms.
I hope I did not microoffend any one because I really meant to Offend them.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:29   #34
PSM
Area Commander

Attached Images
File Type: jpg micro-aggression.jpg (62.8 KB, 24 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:43   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Well, you can't expect to hurt anyone's feelings with anything micro, we need some macro-aggression, you sorry, m@#$%^&*()g %$$#@)!

Guy, preach on it!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 17:17   #36
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
WTF. Just another overthinking POS that has nothing else to do than dream up more PC terms.
I hope I did not microoffend any one because I really meant to Offend them.
You took the words out of my mouth! Holy over-think, Batman!

If I experience micro-aggression should I therefore be micro-pissed?

I was about to say, this crap is a massive distraction from what is really important. But, then I realized that is the point now isn't it?

Damn, this silly shit makes my head hurt!