Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-11-2015, 09:20   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Fox News, "Fair and Balanced", not in the least.

This is what happens when Fox News realizes Mr. Trump will likely become president, they do everything they can to make peace.

I guess Fox News should not have used their biased attack dog to "moderate" the debates. Megyn Kelly also called for "peace" but came short of and apology. Megyn Kelly just realized this is what happens when your emotions override your mouth.

Fair and Balanced, not in the least.

Donald Trump Wins Again: Fox News Channel Softens Criticism After Chaotic Debate, Roger Ailes Calls Him for Ceasefire
by Matthew Boyle10 Aug 2015Washington, DC

Roger Ailes, the president of Fox News, called Trump personally on Monday— according to Trump—assuring him that his network would be fair after what many saw as a questionable performance in last Thursday’s debate in Cleveland, Ohio, by anchors Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier. Many observers believed that the Fox News trio ganged up on Trump, asking him some questions that many thought crossed the line.

Trump himself believes agrees that the “Fair and Balanced” network was out of line, and so does initial polling showing he hasn’t seen any drop whatsoever. Those polls suggest that Kelly, Wallace and Baier failed in what many saw as their single-minded quest to take out Trump. And though Fox News is still a powerhouse cable network, even they aren’t invincible as evidenced by Ailes calling Trump to ask him to come back on the network.

“Donald Trump and the Fox News Channel are in talks about Trump possibly appearing on Fox on Monday night, according to a source with knowledge of the talks,” CNN Money reported on Monday. “Trump has been lambasting Fox for days, ever since he was challenged in last week’s GOP debate. He has complained that the Fox moderators were unfair to him during the debate.”

“Roger Ailes just called,” Trump tweeted, signaling that the brief firefight between him and the network that many thought tried to take him down in Cleveland out was coming to an end—as Fox’s top officials scramble to find a way out of the mess they created. “He is a great guy & assures me that ‘Trump’ will be treated fairly on @FoxNews. His word is always good!”

Late Monday, CNN Money reported on a quote from Ailes.

“Donald Trump and I spoke today,” Ailes said in a statement to CNN Money. “We discussed our concerns, and I again expressed my confidence in Megyn Kelly. She is a brilliant journalist and I support her 100 percent.”

“I assured him that we will continue to cover this campaign with fairness & balance. We had a blunt but cordial conversation and the air has been cleared,” Ailes added.

Interestingly, through this whole period of tension, Trump has always counted Roger Ailes himself as a friend—he has never blamed Ailes for the conduct of, for example, Megyn Kelly.

“Things are a little tense now between the Trump and Fox camps, but the two principals, Trump and Ailes, have always been friendly, and they’ll be chuckling about this incident soon enough,” one longtime Fox News insider told Breitbart News.

In fact, on Monday evening, Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen appeared on Sean Hannity’s television program—and on Tuesday Trump himself will appear on two separate Fox News programs, Fox and Friends in the morning and Hannity’s show at night.

Citing an anonymous source, CNN Money continued by noting that Trump’s tweet “may increase the chance that Trump will appear on Fox Monday night.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...for-ceasefire/