Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Assessment & Selection

Old 12-30-2005, 12:52   #1
504PIR
Guerrilla

How long is SFAS good for??

I have a question that my "google-fu" has not answered. I knew at one time SFAS had a time limit on how long it was good for. IE you had to go to SFQC within 12 months of passing selection. Then it changed, to being good basiclly for lack of a better term "forever".

I heard a rumor from a gentelman that is no longer true. With the high-op tempo of all our forces active and NG I doubted it. However things change and I want to be sure.

I was selected in May of 03. Missions and deployments being what they are, I'm wanting to attend in late 05. If anyone has the correct information I would be most grateful.
504PIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 18:34   #2
18C4V
Quiet Professional

You're still good to go. We have a guy in the Q who went to SFAS in 98 and he started the Q in July of this year.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 19:21   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I think you should go again, just to make sure....
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 00:44   #4
504PIR
Guerrilla

NDD,

Selection is allot like going through divorce:

Its something you have to want to do, its intimidating,often agonizingly painful, you just want to get it overwith while going through it, don't know what will happen next, except it will hurt, when you are done you ache for awhile, glad you got thru it and you don't want to do it again.

Oh and at some point when its done you will wind up at a strip club with your friends.
504PIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:04   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Selection is never "done" - it is a life-long process.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:09   #6
Geenie
Guerrilla

question

Gentlemen,

is the above information still accurate? Let's say someone is selected and has to wait for his clearance to be adjudicated (I understand a SECRET can take anywhere from 3-12 months); my understanding is that person would then just go back to his old unit and wait. During that time he may very well be tapped to deploy. Is this correct?

Thank you for your time.
Geenie is offline   Reply With Quote