Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Special Forces Fieldcraft

Old 10-27-2016, 20:19   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Survival During the Coming Election

I think at this point, it would be prudent for all of us to consider stocking up in anticipation of civil unrest following the elections.

A few week’s supply of non-perishable food is not too much to be considering adding to the larder, at this point.

My area was recently hit with the pipeline gasoline disruption, followed by the hurricane and the associated flooding. 75% of the local roads and streets were blocked. Trees were down all around. We lost power for five days, internet, cable, and phone for six. Our generator put us in good stead, and the LP fuel kept us from having to constantly refill gasoline cans from the few stations that were open and had gas. We were able to use antennas to receive some TV stations, but the lack of internet access was inconvenient. Even our cell phones did not work. Fortunately, a few back streets were open and were passable to get to the stores, once they reopened, for the few items we wanted. It was a good shakedown for future outages and disasters.

In the next few weeks, I could see domestic unrest filling streets with people unhappy with the outcome of the election, and possible temporary disruption of the transportation network. This could render deliveries of food, fuel, etc. difficult, if not impossible.

Furthermore, the election of Hitlery could result in yet another run on firearms, magazines, and ammunition, to include reloading supplies. She has made her thoughts pertaining to firearms perfectly clear, for anyone who wants to know where she stands.

This would include modern sporting rifles and semi auto pistols, receivers (complete and 80%), military surplus / imported firearms, magazines, ammunition, powder, primers, etc.

The current supply is adequate, but prices have already begun creeping up in anticipation of future political concerns.

Given the pattern of previous gun ban threats, threatened commodities would almost immediately severely escalate in price, then spread to other associated items, potentially even before any legislation is proposed. Shortages (which spawn additional panic buying) could clear the shelves in quick order. This is how you have a .22 rimfire shortage that continues even three years after it started, despite the plants running at full-capacity.

I suggest that anyone who has not acquired all of the tools they need to defend themselves (even if a renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban were to occur, or an Executive Order to that effect) immediately procure the potentially future banned or restricted items that they require. At the very least, I suspect that once Hitlery is inaugurated, we could quickly see all firearms transfers require a 4473 and Federal approval. While that may seem relatively innocuous, it is the beginning of Federal Registration of all firearms (like the NFA Registry), allowing those who would abuse the 2nd Amendment to have the ability to attempt confiscation of selected classes of firearms, like the other former free republics who gave up their rights, and eventually, their guns. She will also appoint the Federal judges and SCOTUS Justices to provide legal cover for that portion of her extreme leftist agenda.

I would try and order before the weekend comes, if I had shortfalls and the cash available, but absolutely before the election.

If you have money left over, consider sending a donation to the NRA, GOA, or Trump Campaign.

And then don’t forget to go and vote against Hitlery.

God Bless America!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 21:22   #2
Sdiver
Area Commander

Sir, once again, very wise words of advice to follow.

Thank you.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 22:22   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Still have a few items to pick up and I'm planning to pack some family go bags if relocation is necessary.

All above info from TR is good planning and I too feel that civil unrest is in our future regardless of who is elected. The assault on the 2A will or will not begin until January 22 so maybe this will be an all American Christmas; or the last supper.

I'm not much of a worry wart but the temperament of this election and the candidates have both run rhetoric to the boiling point. Something is going to blow up and we should all be prepared for the fallout.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 22:47   #4
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Well, I'm potentially screwed. I'm sitting over here in Trashcanistan working for the teams and won't be home until mid-winter or early spring. I had to use up just about everything before I shipped over here since the fridge in my place crapped the bed. Guess I'll have to resort to walking over to the South Fork of the Snake and slaughtering lots of rainbow trout. Pretty convenient since there's no limit on them. Not so convenient since I'll be freezing my ass off in the process.
Old 10-27-2016, 23:58   #5
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Great advice TR! I have felt, and I think others of my deplorable ilk have felt that things are coming to a boiling point. I am already doing what I can with my limited funding. I think everyone who is a member here should heed this advice. If things halfway work out through this election then no one is worse off for having made a little prep work.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 00:10   #6
VVVV

I have over a hundred bottles of bourbon in my bunker, so what more could a fella need?
Old 10-28-2016, 04:34   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

an additional thought...
...a good lever action rifle if you dont have one

the original high capacity assault rifle and they can be bought in pistol calibers. A good Marlin lever action in 44 mag can do a lot and is affordable when the price gouging of "semiautomaticassualtweapons" begins.
When 30 round magazines start to become scarce and overpriced, a good 30-30 or 44 mag lever action carbine can pul double duty as a home defender and a good 'dear gun'...
...like as in "oh dear, that guy tried to force his way into the house"
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:23   #8
TJ11B
Auxiliary

Thank you Sir, WILCO.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:07   #9
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Armed deplorable reporting in, stocking up on ammo as we speak. This weekend I'll finally be able to properly balance and mount my Leupold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161015_161442.jpg (62.1 KB, 108 views)

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:44   #10
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
Armed deplorable reporting in, stocking up on ammo as we speak. This weekend I'll finally be able to properly balance and mount my Leupold.
Sir, that firearm disturbs me while I sit in my safe place so you must turn it in. Please ship it to my new company "Deplorable Firearms Disposal Inc" in Texas!
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:01   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

As always, great advice!

Will update "natural" disaster plans. Load more mags and redistribute ammo.......

Make sure your gas tanks are full/topped off on the 7-8th Nov.

(Mustang Man, get that scope mounted ASAP!)
Old 10-28-2016, 13:46   #12
cbtengr
Area Commander

A great thread with a lot of good advice. It totally sucks though that this is what we now anticipate happening here in the United States of America following an election. The last time I moved a friend of mine and his wife helped with the move, his wife ended up carrying a lot of my cased firearms into my new home. She later remarked to my friend as to why I would have all those firearms and ammunition. I told him it was for when the SHTF and when that happens he is welcome to come to my home but his liberal wife was not. God help us all!
Old 10-28-2016, 14:15   #13
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
an additional thought...
...a good lever action rifle if you dont have one

the original high capacity assault rifle and they can be bought in pistol calibers. A good Marlin lever action in 44 mag can do a lot and is affordable when the price gouging of "semiautomaticassualtweapons" begins.
When 30 round magazines start to become scarce and overpriced, a good 30-30 or 44 mag lever action carbine can pul double duty as a home defender and a good 'dear gun'...
...like as in "oh dear, that guy tried to force his way into the house"
Sir, besides the Marlin, what are other "good" options for a lever action?
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 14:45   #14
Box
Quiet Professional

There are several on the market. I have owned a Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum and a 336 in 30-30. I love them both. My Grand-Dad had a Winchester that he shot deer with.
Others build lever action rifles, but I don't have experience with anything but Marlin and Winchester.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 15:43   #15
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Thank you, very much, I will see what I can afford.
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote