Old 06-24-2018, 18:22   #2446
jmm2686
Asset

Came here for tips and knowledge regarding selection...

RA, E5, 25 ID, 3-7 FA, FDC. Trying out for SMU/SFOD-D in Spring 2019. Came here for tips, knowledge regarding selection that could benefit me for ASC. Won't be posting much; mostly reading...
jmm2686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:16   #2447
N0MAD
Asset

Introduction

I’m here to learn and discuss with professionals. I am attending SFAS soon.

-John Wooden
N0MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:09   #2448
Canyon
SF Candidate

First Post/Introduction

I am currently a civilian engineer working in the defense contracting industry. I have been in contact with a SF recruiter, planning to enlist in the National Guard with Rep 63 contract. Current plan is to leave for basic sometime late this year. I've been lurking on this site for about 2 months, made the account a month ago, just now getting around to introducing myself. It seems like just about every question known to man has already been asked and answered here so it seems unlikely I will have much presence.

I've been lifting weights off and on for about 5 years. My age, height and weight are 23, 6'3" and 225 lbs. Right now my focus is increasing my endurance with calisthenics and improving my PT scores while still lifting some weights. I've read Chosen Soldier, currently splitting time between Lions of Kandahar and Get selected!.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has answered questions on this forum in the past. You've indirectly provided me with a lot of helpful information and answered a lot of my questions as well.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:38   #2449
Bolt
Asset

Introduction

Good afternoon, Gentlemen.

I am a 17 year-old from Texas that is interested in absorbing as much information I can about SF and the SF lifestyle. I do not intend to post often as I can assume most/all of my questions have already been asked and answered, nor do I intend to butt my head into discussions where I do not belong. I'm simply here to learn.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 17:58   #2450
SipNip
Asset

Introduction Post

Current Job: IT Security Analyst
Military Status: Army Reserves
Time In Service: 7 years total (5.5 years active/1.5 Reserves)

Looking for tips, advice, and first hand knowledge of the SF life.
SipNip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:42   #2451
Anthropoid
Asset

SF

In the process of deciding if this is something I am truly willing to commit to, or if I should de oppresso liber on the homefront instead. The determining factor is where I can see my abilities being most useful for service to humanity.

Thank you.
Anthropoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:28   #2452
Tooth_and_Nail
Asset

Looking for advice on SFAS and SFQC

I have been active Army for 3 years. I plan to start talking to a recruiter soon. I came to this site to learn and gain advice from those professionals who have been through the course so that I may increase my knowledge before going.
Tooth_and_Nail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 15:25   #2453
Mnight
Asset

Intro

I am a first year Law student in Tampa, FL. I am 20 years old and I enjoy long walks on the beach. I have no previous experience in the military. I am here to learn more about the SF community. Thank you for your time.
Mnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 19:55   #2454
DamienP
Asset

Introduction

Currently going through the process of obtaining a Rep63 contract out of state. I've been a read-only member for a couple years now and the information here has been incredibly helpful. I'm working with an Army recruiter (no NG near me) and we're figuring out the NG SF side of it as we go. I hope to sign within the next month or two, depending on how quickly we can navigate the NG SF enlistment process.
DamienP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:07   #2455
F/51 LRS
Asset

Have been here a few years and thought I had already made an introduction. Made a few couple posts and was called out. After this introduction I will go elevate my feet.

Joined in '85 as a 31V with the unassigned airborne option. Went to RIP but got hurt and was sent to the 82nd. Wound up staying my entire career on Bragg with the exception of short tours to Panama (1/508 PIR) and Korea (LRSD). Last assignment was as a platoon sergeant in Corps LRS (F/51st).

Also did concurrent time in a national motorcycle club, lived at the clubhouse for a few years (saved a ton of BAH), retired in '06 (Good terms). Have been getting more and more involved in professional motorcycle racing (drag and land speed).

After retiring from the Army I worked for TSE in Fayetteville for ten years. After getting laid off a year or so ago from TSE I took a position with Antenna Research Associates. Lots of fun. I am still involved in the tactical stuff but doing a bunch of other really interesting stuff. Recent projects include multi-antenna array for a command destruction system used on a missile range.

Anyways, I have to go elevate my feet and smoke myself.
F/51 LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 15:00   #2456
bw10
Asset

Intro

Hello all,

I am currently pursuing an 18x contract and looking to learn as much as I can from those that have BTDT. Thank you for all of your help, and your service.
bw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 21:36   #2457
SZ_7
Asset

Introduction

Been lurking on this site for awhile and absorbing all I can. I am currently in the Coast Guard working with a recruiter on a DD-368 (Conditional Release) for an 18x contract. Read the book “Get Selected” for the first time in January which led me to make an account on this site. Any and all advice on transitioning branches would be helpful.
SZ_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 20:32   #2458
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Is this the right place for the introduction? I tried it earlier, but it didn't seem to register.
hardcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 21:01   #2459
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorps View Post
Is this the right place for the introduction? I tried it earlier, but it didn't seem to register.
Ok hard head that is not an intro do it right.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 21:05   #2460
hardcorps
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Ok hard head that is not an intro do it right.
Like I said, I did it earlier. And it was a long intro. Somehow it mysteriously disappeared.
hardcorps is offline   Reply With Quote