Old 02-08-2005, 23:59   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Zeiss Miniquick

OK, first and foremost, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be as thorough, articulate,or as qualified to state opinions of gear as That Java guy is.

that being said, I saw these Mini monoculars at SHOT and instantly decided that I needed to have one.

Basically this little scope exhibits Zeiss quality optics in a package that is the same length as a Surefire L1 and about 75% the diameter of the flashlight. It is a five power scope and as could be expected from anything with a 10 mm objective lens, it is not the brightest image ever. However, It is impressively clear and adequately bright in the conditions I have used it in. I plan to put mine in my daypack that lives in the truck, just because it is so compact that you really don't know it is there until you need it. Thus far, I am quite happy with this mini monocular, it does have shortcomings, but one should not expect the same image from a 5x10 pocket scope as one does from a 20x50 spotting scope. The miniquick retails for around $100 and is available in grey, red, and green and with your choice of a lanyard or a leather zipper pouch.

Since I do not have a digital camera at this time, A link to Zeiss's website will have to do.

Zeiss Miniquick

Good times,
blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:48   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I like monoculars in an urban environment.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 13:03   #3
Razor
Quiet Professional

Because...
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 16:39   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Easy to cover
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote