Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 12-18-2019, 15:48   #46
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
In the past these type of groups have drawn a long host of sketchy individuals and group such as July4Patriot aka Charles Dyer, The Hutaree and many others. So is forming Militias a good move, or does it provide an easy target for the various agencies and media? I seem to recall some very capable and knowledgeable individuals who were of the mind that hiding in plain sight and the Lone Wolf was much more difficult to reign in than organized groups.
Yup. All it will take is for one yahoo to misuse a weapon and ALL anti-gun money, arguments and efforts will focus a COMPLIANT & CORRUPT media to focus public opinion on crushing the scary men in camo...who own guns. IMO EASY target.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 12-18-2019 at 15:52.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 18:01   #47
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Yup. All it will take is for one yahoo to misuse a weapon and ALL anti-gun money, arguments and efforts will focus a COMPLIANT & CORRUPT media to focus public opinion on crushing the scary men in camo...who own guns. IMO EASY target.
Come to think of it, the original Minutemen wore their daily wear to battle. I believe the Virginians should take note of that.
Old 12-18-2019, 18:23   #48
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Come to think of it, the original Minutemen wore their daily wear to battle. I believe the Virginians should take note of that.
We the people make up the unorganized militia.

The right to bear arms is guaranteed to individuals.

Organized militias, private militias or select militias may create some liability, unnecessary distraction, and preemption concerns in this hyper-politically charged environment. The ability for the opposition to “pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy” is a realistic concern.

IMO the message of solidarity sent by the good people of the Commonwealth of Virginia is loud and clear merely by voting sanctuary status.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 12-18-2019 at 18:26.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 19:00   #49
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
In the past these type of groups have drawn a long host of sketchy individuals and group such as July4Patriot aka Charles Dyer, The Hutaree and many others. So is forming Militias a good move, or does it provide an easy target for the various agencies and media? I seem to recall some very capable and knowledgeable individuals who were of the mind that hiding in plain sight and the Lone Wolf was much more difficult to reign in than organized groups.
The bulk of the media will conflate the term 'militia' as a perjorative for everything they've hyped over the years, right or wrong.

I don't speak for them, but I get a sense from their bulletins that they're aware of the potential for agents provacateurs and there will be some better than normal vetting going on. Ditto from any comparable groups that may want to assist from out of state (which I have misgivings about but the VCDL knows their brethren in the surrounding area). If you visit their website they've got pretty solid guidance on what their Lobby Day is and some guidelines for conduct; the first of those is that it's a Lobby Day, not a 'Protest' Day (since the proposed legislation hasn't even been introduced yet).

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 23:48   #50
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Militia... I've been a student of the various state's acts through history. The present day media spin definitely demonstrates an unsurpassed level of ignorance on the thoughts and intent of the Founders. There is also a significant evolution of the legal definitions and control of the militia as it moved from a very state-centric institution to something that could be used at a national level.

As my signature line states "gradual and silent encroachments of those in power "

Militia Act of 1792

Quote:
whenever the laws of the United States shall be opposed or the execution thereof obstructed, in any state, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the powers vested in the marshals by this act, the same being notified to the President of the United States, by an associate justice or the district judge, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States to call forth the militia of such state to suppress such combinations, and to cause the laws to be duly executed. And if the militia of a state, where such combinations may happen, shall refuse, or be insufficient to suppress the same, it shall be lawful for the President, if the legislature of the United States be not in session, to call forth and employ such numbers of the militia of any other state or states most convenient thereto, as may be necessary, and the use of militia, so to be called forth, may be continued, if necessary, until the expiration of thirty days after the commencement of the ensuing session.
The Whiskey Rebellion is a prime example of this act where the militias from New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia were called into service within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to put down the rebellion

Quote:
Under the National Defense Act of 1916,1790 the militia, which had been an almost purely state institution, was brought under the control of the National Government. The term “militia of the United States” was defined to comprehend “all able-bodied male citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied males who have . . . declared their intention to become citizens of the United States,” between the ages of eighteen and forty-five.
And now we have a "National" guard...

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 12-18-2019 at 23:52.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:10   #51
EricV
Guerrilla

I under stand that Lee County has also authorized a militia. I think that they would structure it so it's under the control of the Sheriff and the County B of Supers.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:44   #52
pcfixer
Guerrilla

https://gunowners.org/wp-content/upl...dSFqZnRedy5CYs

Quote:
In response, local government officials who have sworn an Oath to uphold the federal and state constitutions unquestionably have the inherent power — and the duty — to refuse to enforce such unconstitutional laws, and even to protect the People against enforcement.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:44   #53
EricV
Guerrilla

Sooo... the locals form "Militias" tied to the local sheriff, and start helping the Feds round up illegals??
Old 12-27-2019, 07:13   #54
Box
Quiet Professional

The message from the democratic party is always pretty simple to understand...

Do as you are told America.
...and fuck your constitution - it was written by misogynist hypocrite slave owners
Now - turn in your guns and eat your government issued crayons
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 16:07   #55
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The message from the democratic party is always pretty simple to understand...

Do as you are told America.
...and fuck your constitution - it was written by misogynist hypocrite slave owners
Now - turn in your guns and eat your government issued crayons
Ma’am, yes ma’am supreme queen Killery!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 14:32   #56
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

So, I have been reading two books by David Kilcullen that I received for Christmas ("The Accidental Guerrilla" and "Out of the Mountains the Coming Age of the Urban Guerrilla") and in light of the comments in this thread as well those in the civil war thread, I realize that we are becoming the insurgents? If so, I am proud to be in your company!

Last edited by Trapper John; 12-29-2019 at 09:11. Reason: Added clarity
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 16:37   #57
Box
Quiet Professional

Not that long ago -waaay waaay back at the turn of the decade Eric Sauer submitted a research paper while attending the Naval Postgraduate School. The title of his submission:
Imagining the Impossible: Insurgency in the U.S.A.

A lot has happened in ten years and a leftist state government threatening the constitutional rights of the citizens is pretty antagonistic - almost like they are daring Americans to speak out in support of their rights.

Then consider when the catchphrase is "foreign AND domestic" the key victory is no more complicated than being the person that gets to define the word "enemy"

If you wonder how the leftists in Virginia would characterize the citizens who are in opposition to the black-face wearing VA governor, I would remind you of what their hero said about people with this type of attitude when he was seeking the parties nomination for president...

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Might I remind everyone that this was the same guy that said elections have consequences.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 23:34   #58
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Not that long ago -waaay waaay back at the turn of the decade Eric Sauer submitted a research paper while attending the Naval Postgraduate School. The title of his submission:
Imagining the Impossible: Insurgency in the U.S.A.

A lot has happened in ten years and a leftist state government threatening the constitutional rights of the citizens is pretty antagonistic - almost like they are daring Americans to speak out in support of their rights.

Then consider when the catchphrase is "foreign AND domestic" the key victory is no more complicated than being the person that gets to define the word "enemy"

If you wonder how the leftists in Virginia would characterize the citizens who are in opposition to the black-face wearing VA governor, I would remind you of what their hero said about people with this type of attitude when he was seeking the parties nomination for president...

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Might I remind everyone that this was the same guy that said elections have consequences.

For some reason I sit and giggle thinking about the level of tactical proficiency of local law enforcement......

It's almost unfair.

Happy New Year

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:08   #59
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Ret10 Echo: For some reason I sit and giggle thinking about the level of tactical proficiency of local law enforcement......

It's almost unfair.

Oh, and Box, thanks for reminding me of Sauer's thesis. Prophetic he was.

Last edited by Trapper John; 12-29-2019 at 09:20.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:34   #60
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Box:Then consider when the catchphrase is "foreign AND domestic" the key to victory is no more complicated than being the person that gets to define the word "enemy"
BINGO

In such situations, that is the victor after the kinetic phase of conflict.