Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > Mindset

Old 02-06-2007, 13:20   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Plagiarism of the "True Believer" quote

Seems everyone wants to steal your quote Doc and call it their own......

Americans, somewhere a "True Believer" is training to kill you because, unlike Europe, you refuse to submit! He is training with minimal food and water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. This True Believer is not concerned about "how hard it is". He will not stop in his mission; he knows either he wins or dies and both have great rewards and are acceptable to him.

http://www2.beaufortgazette.com/watc...become_islamic

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"

NousDefionsDoc
www.professionalsoldiers.com
Old 02-06-2007, 13:21   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

http://tattoosbybear.com/index.php?i...BshowUid%5D=37

More copyright infringement?
Old 02-06-2007, 13:29   #3
JMI
BANNED USER

This site has roughly 4600 members, I wonder if any of these folks are members here or simply lurk here. Fascinating.

It is an awesome quote, though.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 13:31   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

http://www.urbin.net/EWW/sigs/mil-sigs2.html

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home. He knows only The Cause.
Still want to quit?" -- Seen at Fort Irwin

http://www.iguanasoft.com/%7Ejeffersonian/blog0502.html
And in that vein, here's an anonymous bit from the net:

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about how hard it is, he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home. He knows only The Cause."
Old 02-06-2007, 13:49   #5
x SF med
Quiet Professional

RL-
We need online Copyright help - let's make NDD a rich man! C'mon Counselor, buck up and give my brother medic the Legal advice he needs to go after these plagarists!

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 14:14   #6
incommin
Quiet Professional

Does this make NDD famous in his own time?

Jim

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Jim
incommin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 14:58   #7
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

NDD was famous before he was born.

Chuck Norris asked NDD to join Special Forces because NDD was too tough for the martial arts world.

I want to be the first to nominate him for the Professional Soldiers Pulitzer Prize in the categories of non-fiction, history and poetry.

Jack Moroney, as resident poet laureate, of course has a say in this matter.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 14:59   #8
moobob
Auxiliary

I ran into a soldier on lamespace that posted this quote, trying to pass it off as his own. I asked him about it; After some prodding, he knew that it was on PS.com, but he claimed he heard it at Benning.

Plagiarism sucks.
moobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 16:02   #9
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
NDD was famous before he was born.

Chuck Norris asked NDD to join Special Forces because NDD was too tough for the martial arts world.

I want to be the first to nominate him for the Professional Soldiers Pulitzer Prize in the categories of non-fiction, history and poetry.

Jack Moroney, as resident poet laureate, of course has a say in this matter.
NDD didn't really get famous until the Q Course - Largest Medic ever, still holds the title, IIRC.

Chuck Norris was afraid of having to fight NDD, and therefore begged him to join SF to save his own ass in the ring. (sorry, Chuck, you know it's true)

I will second your Nomination for the PSPulitzer, but I think that the History category might have to go to AL, non-fiction and poetry will definitely go to NDD.

COL Jack - will you tender the nomination and seconding for NDDs PSPulitzer?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 02-06-2007, 17:43   #10
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
RL-
We need online Copyright help - let's make NDD a rich man! C'mon Counselor, buck up and give my brother medic the Legal advice he needs to go after these plagarists!
I cannot provide legal advice on a public forum without waiving the attorney-client privilege. NDD and TS know how to find me if they need help.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 17:52   #11
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
I cannot provide legal advice on a public forum without waiving the attorney-client privilege. NDD and TS know how to find me if they need help.

<<<<<<<<inserting into the legalnamese bullshittinator 2000>>>>>>>>

results:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich kalifornia Lawyer-Boy
Under no circumstances will there be any representation without compensation. NDD and TS know how much I cost and therefore chose not to use me.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 18:13   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

The quote belongs to PS.com. Any and all benefit, monetary ot otherwise, associated with the quote will go to the site in order to mitigate the catastrophic bandwidth issues.

You guys actually made me blush. Thanks for the kind words.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 18:20   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
<<<<<<<<inserting into the legalnamese bullshittinator 2000>>>>>>>>

results:

Does this mean you're back?
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 18:45   #14
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Well, be careful what you ask for bro!

I'm Back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.JPG (16.8 KB, 130 views)
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 19:16   #15
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
The quote belongs to PS.com. Any and all benefit, monetary ot otherwise, associated with the quote will go to the site in order to mitigate the catastrophic bandwidth issues.

You guys actually made me blush. Thanks for the kind words.
Can anybody else imagine NDD blushing? Would it look like a very angry red giant ready to destroy the world? (No offense bro, but a few of us know what you look like happy, and it might scare the faint of heart)