Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 04-12-2017, 11:01   #31
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
This thread came closest to answering my question. I am a prior service guardsman (11B) E4. I recently signed an 18x contract and ship June 7th. My Career Adviser at MEPS couldn't provide sufficient clarity on my training pipeline as the system has seemed to change. I was advised that my SOPC course would be facilitated under the new mountain warfare school at Benning. It was to my understanding SOPC is at Bragg and acts as an administrative hold for SFAS. After SOPC I was told I would report to ABN. Once ABN is complete I would fall into an OSUT class to do an "11B refresher course". My training pipeline on my reservation sheet from MEPS looks like this:

PREREQ BENN 20170616 8WKS 0DAYS
PREREQ BENN 20170811 3WKS 4DAYS
OSUT. BENN 20170905 2WKS 3DAYS

My questions are, does this seem correct? Can someone define the "PREREQS"? Any clarity on what to expect upon reporting to Benning would be greatly appreciated Gents! I'm a new guy here and I am very thankful for the wealth of knowledge that is available on this forum. Thanks!

VR
It doesn't sound right, if you signed an 18X contract once you leave Benning everything else is at Bragg by 18 series instructors your dates seem weird not having a recruiting background but 13 weeks at Benning almost sounds like a basic/AIT redux
Old 04-12-2017, 12:08   #32
Mr Weiss
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
It doesn't sound right, if you signed an 18X contract once you leave Benning everything else is at Bragg by 18 series instructors your dates seem weird not having a recruiting background but 13 weeks at Benning almost sounds like a basic/AIT redux
This is actually how my contract looks as well as the contracts of the fellow 18x recruits I know. It is confusing, but I think the computer is spitting out duplicates somewhere. My career counselor said it's still the OSUT - Airborne - Bragg route and to disregard everything until I get an actual airborne class date during OSUT.
Old 04-12-2017, 14:08   #33
Mako
Asset

Rgr. Thank you for the responses. So there will be a retrain on OSUT although I am 11B qualified? (Not that that is a huge deal). I have been told that getting to 30th AG I will be immediately separated from the privates and sent through my own prior service in processing funnel at Benning, from there they may decide to chuck me into an OSUT class or send me straight to ABN.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:30   #34
Mako
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Weiss View Post
This is actually how my contract looks as well as the contracts of the fellow 18x recruits I know. It is confusing, but I think the computer is spitting out duplicates somewhere. My career counselor said it's still the OSUT - Airborne - Bragg route and to disregard everything until I get an actual airborne class date during OSUT.
Are you shipping June 7?
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote