Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Briefback

Old 12-05-2014, 17:57   #1
Richard
Quiet Professional

MACVSOG OP35 Combat Jumps

From the ceremony held today at 1st SF Command, Fort Bragg, NC.

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 1.jpg (61.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 2.jpg (46.4 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 3.jpg (112.8 KB, 131 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 17:58   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

OP35 Combat Jumps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 4.jpg (79.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 5.jpg (76.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg OPS35 Cbt Jumps 6.jpg (72.1 KB, 110 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 12-06-2014, 07:22   #3
full cooler
Quiet Professional

Thanks for sharing this Richard. These guys are special. 400' - no reserve - NVA uniform - AK-47. Their recognition is long overdue.
full cooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:29   #4
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Couple of acquaintances on the list. I was at Nam Pung Dam, 46th SFCo with Howard Upchurch(RIP)...

Last edited by mark46th; 12-08-2014 at 09:32.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 18:17   #5
Richard
Quiet Professional

Mark - yep, I served with Sammy Hernandez, Rich Gross, and Mark Gentry (who was on ODA-3 and one of our instructors when our ODA went through MFF training at Altenstadt in the summer of '77).

I only had one 'qualm', if that's a correct word usage, in regards to the ceremony's brochure - it lists TFAE1 vs TF1AE which is the only way I've ever seen it listed (see atchd jpg).

But so it goes...

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TF1AE.jpg (49.4 KB, 41 views)

Old 12-17-2014, 17:20   #6
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I have a picture of Sammy and Larry Sills on the beach at Pattya with their heads down looking at the skiff they had just flipped. the prop siticking up out of the water like a pinwheel. I asked Larry what they were thinking, he said,"We were trying to figure out what we were going to tell Ed Foche" , their Tm Sgt....
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote