Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-26-2016, 10:33   #16
trunkmonkey
Asset

So what I am getting from this is that I should have spent much more time clarifying.

I am not asking anyone whether they think it is a good idea or not. I am not asking for input on how to secure a facility or any other tradecraft related material like that. I do not need to get into an internet argument on which transducers to use for remote site security vs urban emplacements and offices.

As for whether this idea is in the fantasy realm of mall ninjas, I hate to break it to you gentlemen but it isn't. I was listening to several CSO's discuss their desire for their own company "SWAT" team. Making a decision like this is far out of my pay grade and as to whether it is a good idea... lets see... putting civilians in the middle of not only one group (terrorists) or even two (Police) but three (private security). I would not want any part of the liability shit storm that this would cause or create.

My reference to LeMas ammo which is the only place to get APLP ammo while RBCD could sell you the non armor piercing version. My research has been done and from the stellar reviews and endorsements here I found no need for other internet searches.

Do I need a $3000 SBR and suppressors for work? Nope. I carry a Sig 226. Do I want one oh hell yes and I can get one because guess what.. I live in America. I asked for civilian gear recommendations because I can go drop coin on shooter gear for fun. Same reason I have multiple motorcycles...depends on the day.

This scenario was not to for feedback of the scenario or how to deal with it but mainly what type of civilian legal gear you would get if you could, given this specific criteria. When the adventure challenge was posted I did not argue details of time machine design.

I am fortunate enough to be able to purchase whatever I want for weapons and gear for evaluation and training and it is tax deductible. So when pay raises and bonuses come in I can buy all sorts of tactical gear and guns, and it helps me stay in a lower tax bracket. Ends up saving me a few thousand in taxes each year.

So if you are using a plate carrier that you can do ballet in but costs a grand...I am a gear nut, I want to know.
trunkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote