Old 12-17-2014, 11:03   #1726
Flying Jibe
Asset

Hello,

I am a student at Auburn University and a cadet in Army ROTC. I have read through a lot of great information on this site and it has helped me become a better candidate for the Army and better person as a whole. Thank you for allowing me to be a guest here.
Flying Jibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 13:19   #1727
crash1adam
Quiet Professional

Introduction

Hello,
My name is Justin. I've been in the Army seven years and have recently completed and graduated from the SFQC. I'm currently awaiting team assignment and I look forward to many successful years within the Regiment.
crash1adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:48   #1728
SC45
Asset

Intro

Hello,
I am currently in my second year at university and plan on attempting to join SF either in active duty or the National Guard. I have been talking to a recruiter and trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each path. In the mean time I am working on PT and reading books on SF, and forums such as this one to gain as much information as I can. I am excited to be a part of PS and hope to be a contributing member.
-SC45
SC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:06   #1729
FourteenSierra
Asset

Hello - I'm Darin - Army vet; current DA Civ; Soldier background is ADA (STINGER) and then AG. Civ background is G3, 3/5/7, and lately installation management. Soldier duty in Germany, Korea, and Fort Lewis; Civ duty at Lewis, Rucker and now near Detroit; civ deployment to Joint Base Balad, Iraq in 2011.
"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others, and the moment governmental prohibitions extend beyond this line they are in danger of defeating the very ends they are intended to serve."
FourteenSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 14:07   #1730
JK144
Asset

Introduction

Hey guys, I'm retired military / I served my entire time in Airborne units as a medic and infantryman. I then went on to SF where I performed duties as 18B, 18F and 18Z. I served in E Company (LRSC) 109th MI, 1/325 Abn Inf Rgt 82ABN, 2/1 SFG, 1/19 SFG and Special Operations Detachment-Pacific. Ranger Class 14-87 / Q Course 1989.
JK144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 15:22   #1731
pm410
Asset

Hey everyone

24 years old, SPC 11B in the MDARNG. I deployed to Afghanistan in 2009-2010 with the 86th IBCT. Currently work as a narcotics detective in a large metro pd. Plans are to make it to 20th Group here in MD, sooner than later!
pm410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:59   #1732
musicmano3596
Asset

Intro-Caleb

Hello,

I am an infantryman assigned to 4/25. I am interested in this forum because It contains a large surplus of information that would benefit me to learn from.
musicmano3596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 19:45   #1733
Midas
Asset

Intro

Finally got around to posting my intro, found the site about a year ago and have been soaking up the advice and knowledge ever since.
In my early 20's, looking for a way to serve my country and have been researching SOF for the last couple of years. I will be finishing up a couple of leadership courses in May and looking to enlist soon after that.
It has been very encouraging to read the stories of those who have gone before and are older and wiser, thank you for your service and also for the time spent investing in the next generation.
Midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:25   #1734
Lionshare
Guerrilla

Last edited by Lionshare; 07-20-2020 at 13:57.
Lionshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:17   #1735
CSB
Quiet Professional

Jake: Pink Font indicates sarcasm.

And Musicmano3596:
Quote:
I am an infantryman assigned to 4/25. I am interested in this forum because It contains a large surplus of information that would benefit me to learn from.
OK I'll give you a pass since you are infantry (so was I, once). But common synonyms of "surplus" are:

- unnecessary
- not required
- unneeded
- leftover
- redundant

When I hope you meant to say is that the information at this site is:

- a windfall
- additional
- add-on
- a bonus
- beyond the minimums

and simply end with "it contains information that would benefit me. "

Thus ends the grammar lesson of the day.
Welcome aboard.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 19:40   #1736
Bladeenthusiast

New guy here

Hello sf community, just a gun lovin, bible toting, knife swinging American. Don't take me to seriously. I just enlisted last week as 13B I'm excited for my future. But it's nice to be here.
Old 12-24-2014, 20:41   #1737
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdb10sfg View Post
Hello sf community, just a gun lovin, bible toting, knife swinging American. Don't take me to seriously. I just enlisted last week as 13B I'm excited for my future. But it's nice to be here.
Why is 10th SFG(A) in your user ID?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 17:21   #1738
PatrickS
Asset

Intro

Well, hello!

Name is Patrick, 29 years old. Born and still residing in the state of Baden-Württemberg, SW-Germany.
(It's the one next to our version of Pashtunistan aka "Bavaria". You know, rebellious mountain tribe etc.)

I am a civilian but luckily not an airsofter. Was supposed to be drafted but failed medical due to a spinal curvature.
My father's been jumping out of planes ever since he's been a teenager, however he never joined up. Yet, due to the fact that the civilians used the same installations as the Bw's (now defunct) 1st Airborne Division, I grew up with a keen interest in anything "para".

Enjoy following everything concerning defense and security matters. Love to read (only books & other sources I can learn and benefit from, so nothing along the lines of "entertainment") and during my childhood and teenage years have been blessed with the ability do explore many places, as well as a few decent scuba trips to Thailand and the Philippines.

Looking forward to gaining knowledge & a new perspective on things, contributing where I can and remaining silent where I can't.

Patrick

Last edited by PatrickS; 12-28-2014 at 17:25.
PatrickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 20:47   #1739
workaholic
Asset

First post

Hello, I'm currently enrolled in college and am about 1 1/2 years from degree completion. I play baseball for the college but am looking on towards my future. I'm coming to the realization sports isn't everything and in my quest for answers stumbled on this site. I believe in the job the special forces do and am considering my enlistment, and working towards this new goal of mine. I want to become one of your ranks. Thanks for your time and I have found the wealth of knowledge this site brings.
workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 23:30   #1740
DP06
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello,

I have been lurking around this site for awhile now and have been reading everything possible to prepare for special forces training. I am currently a senior in college and enlisted with the 18x contract about a month ago. I ship out 20150601.

A huge thank you to all the former and current QP's who manage this site and provide their experiences and information. It is truly invaluable to me. I am eager to get to Fort Benning and get the pipeline started.
DP06 is offline   Reply With Quote