Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Special Forces Fieldcraft

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44   #1
griper23
Asset

Mountain Guerrilla

Are you guys familiar with John Mosby's Blog?

http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/

He's a former QP, probably a member here, anybody know him and can vouch?

I want to get some of the training he puts on. Thanks-G23
Old 09-13-2013, 13:57   #2
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

Last edited by Go Devil; 09-13-2013 at 14:01. Reason: Not my place.
Old 09-13-2013, 14:05   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

IIRC, I found his blog after someone posted it here.

I enjoy his plain talk - would also like to know about his courses, too - so I look forward to other's experiences.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 09-13-2013, 15:58   #4
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

There is a JSMosby registered here, and he is a QP, but it's a Screen Name.
Old 09-13-2013, 17:37   #5
griper23
Asset

does anyone know him/ can vouch for his creds?
Old 09-13-2013, 17:58   #6
griper23
Asset

"John Mosby" creds

Can a QP vouch for the creds of 'John Mosby" (Pseudonym) of the Mountain Guerrilla Blog?

I need Verification before commiting to training with him.

thanks, G23
Old 09-13-2013, 18:07   #7
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Don't know him but his blog is certainly "interesting".

You don't need two threads to ask one question. We got your intent the first time.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Old 09-13-2013, 19:52   #8
mugwump
Area Commander

Interesting is right. Like use-the-library-computer interesting.

“Klaatu barada nikto”
Old 09-13-2013, 21:06   #9
griper23
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Here is your answer from his own blog spot.

Note he said Special Operations forces not Special Forces soldier. I spent time under Special Operations Command at one time but I am NOT Special Forces, the general public probably would not know the difference. While he is not lying, one could be mislead. BTW I have orders from Bragg with my name on them if anyone here wants verification send me a PM or email. I can send you a copy with SSN blacked out.
yeah... good for you, buddy.

anyway, can anybody verify this guy?

best regards, G23
Old 09-13-2013, 21:25   #10
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by griper23 View Post
yeah... good for you, buddy.

anyway, can anybody verify this guy?

best regards, G23
Either take his training or don't. If you like what he's written, and his (apparent) area of expertise addresses one of your capability gaps - spend the money. Don't expect us to make your decision for you. Besides - even if I knew him personally, I wouldn't be commenting about him on any website to a complete unknown (your minimalist profile and previous posts on this forum don't inspire any overwhelming desire to share secret handshakes). If I were to meet him, I'm sure we could verify each other's bona fides fairly quickly. There are enough key phrases scattered throughout his blog that I would be willing to buy the first round just to break the ice. Given what I've read on his blog, it would certainly be worth the price of a few cold ones to make the effort. As for training - he posts AARs from former students and has several posts where guest instructors have commented as well. For whatever that's worth to you.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:31   #11
griper23
Asset

Thanks, Peregrino. I will take your advice.-G23
Old 09-14-2013, 12:58   #12
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

You know I like how you ask for input and when someone gives you a little advice on something to look for (someone who has been here longer than you and has some standing), you come back with smart ass remarks towards him?

I think maybe you should look around, realize you sound like an inconsiderate shit and be thankfull ANYONE responded to you
Men have always differed in their capacity to stomach risk. Many shun it, preferring to live circumscribed lives. Others rise to the circumstances when community or country comes calling, shedding day-to-day identifies as shopkeepers, scholars, or farmers to stare down the cannon’s mouth. A very few seek out danger as a matter of course. John F. Ross
Old 09-14-2013, 14:54   #13
griper23
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Here is your answer from his own blog spot.

Note he said Special Operations forces not Special Forces soldier. I spent time under Special Operations Command at one time but I am NOT Special Forces, the general public probably would not know the difference. While he is not lying, one could be mislead. BTW I have orders from Bragg with my name on them if anyone here wants verification send me a PM or email. I can send you a copy with SSN blacked out.
He says he is former Ranger and SF throughout the blog. I just want to make sure he is what he say she is before we go spending money on training. That does sound prudent, dosent it?
Old 09-14-2013, 15:03   #14
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

This thread is CLOSED.

Closed Thread