Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 08-04-2008, 11:40   #1
charlietwo
Quiet Professional

General Lambert speaking at Obama rally

Just had this email shot to me...

Veterans for Obama and Barack Obama’s Campaign for Change are very excited to invite you to join us Tuesday, August 5, with Major General Geoffrey Lambert, United States Army (Ret.), in Fayetteville (details below). This great American leader and Green Beret Commanding General will discuss why he supports Senator Obama for the next President of the United States and our next Commander-in-Chief. Major General Lambert returns to North Carolina after two assignments at Fort Bragg. He was the Commanding General of the U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborn) assuming command in September 2001, and later he was the Commanding General of the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare. Here is an interesting Op-Ed the General published in the Washington Post in 2006.

There was also a link to an Op-Ed written by General Lambert at the Washington Post here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...033101585.html

The op-ed gives a glimpse into where his head is at. I'm not going to sharpshoot his opinions, but any Green Beret who supports Obama is going to raise my eyebrow, and many others as well. Anyone have some stories on General Lambert that could illuminate this story a tad?

C2
charlietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:21   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

I do not....

I do not support the GO's position with BHO.

By the way, I also served with Dan.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 14:58   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I think the action pretty much speaks for itself. McCain supporters are not the ones who defaced Dan's memorial. Obama's are. The right to "pack heat", as he desires, will be eliminated with a Dem Congress and POTUS. Good luck after Obama and his supporters take over, because the majority of them do not believe that you have the right to carry a gun, or to protect yourself. You cannot shoot someone for spitting on another person (or you), regardless.

Mama said if you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut.

That's all I have to say about it right now.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 15:08   #4
Soft Target
"SF Loggie"

Well, I'll Say It

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I think the action pretty much speaks for itself. McCain supporters are not the ones who defaced Dan's memorial. Obama's are. The right to "pack heat", as he desires, will be eliminated with a Dem Congress and POTUS. Good luck after Obama and his supporters take over, because the majority of them do not believe that you have the right to carry a gun, or to protect yourself.

Mama said if you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut.

That's all I have to say about it right now.

TR

What in the hell happened to Geoff? I didn't serve with Dan, but I served two tours with Lambert and have trouble believing his stance.
Soft Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 22:05   #5
charlietwo
Quiet Professional

RE

I'm just a pup, so I have no first hand knowledge of the gentlemen, but could it be a case of political expediency? Perhaps he's trying to read tea leaves and assure himself a spot in the cabinet or DoD staff? Different means to different ends, I guess.
charlietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 20:16   #6
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

...and electing Obama is going to make the Islamic terrorists love us how?

Is he naive or insane?

Obama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_TD3mgGJoY

Chamberlain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZHpprf6HSM&NR=1

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 08-05-2008 at 20:23.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 20:34   #7
Penn
Area Commander

WM, thanks for this link!!!
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02   #8
Soft Target
"SF Loggie"

Did He Do It?

Did any of you Bragg guys hear or see the rally? Especially Geoff's part.
Soft Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:33   #9
Pete
Quiet Professional

In today's paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Target View Post
Did any of you Bragg guys hear or see the rally? Especially Geoff's part.
It was in todays paper. It said 75 people were there. I wonder how many were press?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:50   #10
KW9598
Quiet Professional

Lambert article

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=301099

Amat victoria curam
KW9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:15   #11
highspeedmdd
Quiet Professional

Location: Fort Sam Houston, US Army North, Security Assistance Management...I think...I get the feeling they aren't telling me everything yet.
I remember a story about him...

This was abut 2003. He was giving some sort of briefing and tripped or something like that when he walked in. And some guys started giggling over it. So he gets up tothe podium and people are still kind of talking. So he says into the mike, "If anyone else says anything, I'm leaving..."

And so of course, someone said something and he left in a huff.

Pretty strange event. After I heard that, I hought he was an oddball.

Some of the 3rd Group guys were there..maybe they can give a 1st hand account.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18   #12
KW9598
Quiet Professional

im leaving

good composure eh?

I'd like to think a senior SF officer would have more in his bag of tricks than that. Coulda made a decent joke out of it.

Amat victoria curam
KW9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:21   #13
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedmdd View Post
I remember a story about him...

This was abut 2003. He was giving some sort of briefing and tripped or something like that when he walked in. And some guys started giggling over it. So he gets up tothe podium and people are still kind of talking. So he says into the mike, "If anyone else says anything, I'm leaving..."

And so of course, someone said something and he left in a huff.

Pretty strange event. After I heard that, I hought he was an oddball.

Some of the 3rd Group guys were there..maybe they can give a 1st hand account.
He has always been know to throw tantrum's.. Hit head I always figured that is why his head was that Orange red color....
He was sort of cut from the same cloth as Parker but easier to get his goat.... We seamed to have a big run of those types. Boy do I miss Harley Davis.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39   #14
Richard
Quiet Professional

Just wondering if anybody out there can give us the gist of Lambert's remarks? I'd like to hear what he had to say and why.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16   #15
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
Sadly, the vandals' actions are illustrative of how we have squandered our opportunity to face terrorism with unified and coherent action. The right's neocons orchestrated a war with Iraq that has destroyed national consensus and they are culpable for politicizing the individual soldier by repeatedly sending the message that to criticize policy equates attacking the soldier -- an allegation that is simply not true. Meanwhile, some on the left are returning to mindless violence.
I don't follow this logic. It's the neocon's (god I hate that term) fault that low lives on the left trashed Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Petithory because of the Iraq war? How about putting the blame where it rightly lays. I guess history will judge the merits of the Iraq invasion but I wish people would stop using it as a crutch to explain away abhorrent behavior.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote