Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 06-11-2018, 08:36   #16
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
I’m shocked I tell you...shocked!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:40   #17
rsdengler
Area Commander

I guess I better stop mouthing off when someone does something stupid in front or behind me in a car. I would have either drove to a public area, the nearest Police Station, or call if someone was following me. If they did do something, then I think I would not hesitate to fight back if necessary. People are whack jobs today, you really have to stay alert and pay attention to your surroundings. Nice if I could carry a weapon in Marylifornia; I should take a defense class so I can protect myself. Nice to do some ass kicking if needed....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:46   #18
echoes
Area Commander

JJ wins the prize! #3! According to the account by the man's wife, these wackos basically beat themselves up, and tried to attack her husband.

The Mothers Day incident is Karma, IMHO.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:43   #19
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

From Fonzy's article:
Stackhouse is the former president of the Human Dignity Coalition -
Quote:
Human Dignity Coalition believes all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Help us create a Central Oregon community where LGBTQ people are valued and treated equally.
Dignity for me, not thee

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:51   #20
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

First caller after an incident gets to be the complainant and have their version accepted as initially true.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:52   #21
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
From Fonzy's article:

Human Dignity Coalition believes all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Help us create a Central Oregon community where LGBTQ people are valued and treated equally.
Great...so now he has to go and beat the crap out of anyone within that population so as to prove he's not giving these two "special treatment"?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:43   #22
frostfire
Area Commander

Plenty folks have gotten hurt or died needlessly over road rage.
Reminds me of this one which happened closeby
http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/...78bedf469.html

Goes to show it’s really not worth it.
I remember driving a bunch of foreign Jumpmaster when a pickup broke solid line, passed me, and hit the brake. The driver got out, appeared a little surprised I was in uniform, then cussed me out and berated me over a rolling stop at a previous stop sign. I just nodded. He got back in, drove in front for the next 20 min or so, then sped up while turning at the next stop sign. Effectively ignoring his own advice. I should have recorded the plate and reported it. Quite amusing the foreign JM couldn’t believe a civilian could pull that off. I suppose such stunt would result in a certain outcome where they came from.

It’s really not worth it to confront in person these folks with poor impulse control no matter how a** holish their actions are.

This article illustrates especially in the age of social media shaming, the notoriety is absolutely not worth it.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 13:13   #23
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

“Never get off the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you are goin’ all the way...” “Nothing good ever happens when you get off the boat.” (Chef Willard)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 06-11-2018, 13:28   #24
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
First caller after an incident gets to be the complainant and have their version accepted as initially true.

TR
Sir, such a true statement, and in this day and age of cameras, me thinks it is better to have, than have not.

Recently while in Colorado practicing my shooting, I was lucky enough to be a passenger inside a vehicle that had a dash mounted camera that recorded everything in front of it on video.

Everything. Only downside is when exiting the vehicle, you have to remember to turn it off, or it runs the battery down.

It is my official next purchase, and can highly recommend.

Road Rage is real. And stupid people are out there in droves!

Strange times we live indeed.

Holly
Old 06-11-2018, 13:34   #25
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
Great...so now he has to go and beat the crap out of anyone within that population so as to prove he's not giving these two "special treatment"?
LOL...But wait, he was not giving them "special treatment" you have to ask yourself, did he beat up the soon to be "She-Husband"? Wouldn't that qualify as really beating up the "masculine" one?

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33   #26
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/12...edibility.html

Karma rears it's head!
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:38   #27
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
SWEET!!! Chalk one up for the good guys! The oxygen thieves got what they deserved, IMHO!

Holly
Old 06-12-2018, 12:57   #28
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
There is more to this story than the media is reporting. Even the lowliest Oregon hick (Northern Redneck) needs to be provoked to do what was said to have happened (especially in front of a girlfriend/wife.)
You must be psychic! (Or something. )
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 19:21   #29
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
You must be psychic! (Or something. )
No, it just didn’t pass the sniff fest.

Hopefully the real ‘victim’ sues and wins against these two.

Old 06-12-2018, 19:47   #30
P36
Guerrilla

This has nothing to do with "gender equality" and everything to do with douche baggery all the way around.