Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18D

Old 12-15-2006, 16:42   #16
rab97
Quiet Professional

It's all in good humor. We're constantly reminded how we've achieved nothing so I guess all of us lowly students are s-bags of some form. Thanks for the warning though, and now I'll go back to monitoring for good information. Have a happy holiday season.
rab97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 15:48   #17
ajax
SF Candidate

What AS degree do 18D's receive?
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:09   #18
Needle D
Quiet Professional

Already Done

Crip,
Has anyone mentioned getting degrees for guys already through? I doubt they will but i was just wondering if the cadre had mentioned us at all? Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08   #19
SFS0AVN
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
Be careful rab... don't start pissing on people's legs who may be on your team in the future, esp. if they might be a higher rank than you.
+1, don't burn the bridges in either direction.
It is nice to see the chance of getting AA degrees now. We just received a few credits through the Post Education center.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."
Rommel

Last edited by SFS0AVN; 08-10-2007 at 09:12.
SFS0AVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 19:31   #20
Books
Quiet Professional

Back to the original intent of this post. . . I've no idea if the AAS/AS degree is still in the works, but Campbell University has a program as does Western Carolina University for a Bachelors. You have to take some more classes, but if you're degree hunting. . .

Here's a link for the WCU bit.

http://www.soc.aascu.org/socad/18D.html

I'll see if I can find any info on the Cambell.

Books

- Jack Moroney
Old 08-10-2007, 20:32   #21
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle D
Crip,
Has anyone mentioned getting degrees for guys already through? I doubt they will but i was just wondering if the cadre had mentioned us at all? Thanks
Hell, Crip is going to get a Degree for just getting through the Q!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 14:04   #22
Priest
Quiet Professional

Has anyone gone through the process of applying for and receiving the credits through WCU? Was just curious if its a viable option or not.
Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 14:14   #23
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Yes; there are several guys I know of who have received the credits for the 18D course, a couple of which have finished their degrees so far.

It is more than worth the time and effort for those who dont have an undergraduate degree.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 15:42   #24
uboat509
Quiet Professional

I just found out today that I will not be going to WCU. It seems that they lost a bunch of funding for their EMS program and instead of two classes of sixty per year they are down to one class of twenty per year. The guy I talked to in admissions was very polite and helpful but he told me that in order to be competitive for this program an applicant needs to have at least sixty transfer credits. That's sixty actual college credits on top of whatever they will give you for your military training (around sixty for an 18D). I don't have that and will not have that any time soon. So WCU is a great deal for 18Ds, IF they already have a bunch of college.

SFC W
uboat509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 13:31   #25
whocares175
Quiet Professional

i dont know how the college credits worked previously for 18d's but i do know in about 2 weeks the school will finish the accrediation process. as for what will happen next i have no clue. been too busy worrying about all 8000 of these tests everyweek to research much more. as i find out more i'll let you guys know.
2008-2011 q course
2011-10th
whocares175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 13:44   #26
Slaby
Asset

deleted

Last edited by Slaby; 03-23-2014 at 07:25.
Slaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 13:55   #27
Aequitas
Quiet Professional

WCU

I was recently admitted into the Western Carolina University BS degree in Emergency Medical Care program for this fall. I'll post more details on how many credits I get from 18D and previous college experience once I get the ball rolling...
Old 07-12-2010, 20:46   #28
rab97
Quiet Professional

FYI for qualified 18D's...The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) has set up a similar program to the Western Carolina University one for guys looking for options.
rab97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 20:54   #29
Richard
Quiet Professional

For historical background:

In my time, the 91B4S PMOS gave you a year's worth of college credit and the recognition to challenge the LPN exam for certification in a number of states. An additional year's worth of specified credits would give you an ADN (Associate Degree - Nursing) in several states.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 16:14   #30
whocares175
Quiet Professional

i've talked to mr cox several times regarding this issue...all i get is "its still in the works. the accreditation committe came and made their recommendations now we're just waiting." so who knows....i know, as many have already stated, that several colleges offer many different options. university of phoenix, campbell (probably the best one to deal with considering they have classes at night at JSOMTC), western carolina university, etc.
2008-2011 q course
2011-10th
whocares175 is offline   Reply With Quote