Old 12-15-2017, 18:50   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander

Non mystery M16 Discharge

Reading Dean Jarvis post about his weapons discharge reminded me of when I was in Basic at Leonard Wood, Jan. 75 they had our company out on that range that has a solitary bulls eye that is a what seemed at the time a long ways off. I was on the firing line in the prone position locked and loaded sighted on the target awaiting the order to fire, in my mind I was going through BRASS. When I got to the squeeze the trigger part I heard a weapon discharge and thought to myself what idiot possibly discharged his weapon before the command. When the Drill SGT kicked me in the ass and took my weapon from me I realized the idiot was me. I recd. one hell of an ass chewing from the Range NCO and was kicked off the range. I had only been in the Army 4 weeks and knew they were gonna throw me out. They let me stay and even promoted me to E-2 at the end of basic. Reflecting back on that shot I am pretty sure it was the best one I ever made and that that round hit the target dead center.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:44   #2
Chucko
Guerrilla

That is funny. So sheepishly not making eye contact didn't work?