Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-30-2016, 17:55   #1
Paslode
Area Commander

Jeh Johnson to pick up where Comey and Lynch left off

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2600592

Quote:
Even before the FBI identified new cyber attacks on two separate state election boards, the Department of Homeland Security began considering declaring the election a "critical infrastructure," giving it the same control over security it has over Wall Street and and the electric power grid.
Old 08-30-2016, 19:27   #2
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Yet they still don't think you should have a valid ID to vote.
I was thinking the exact same thing...not to mention our 10,000 new Syrian "voters"...after all, they shouldn't need to prove they are who they are in order to vote...just ask our "no ID required" friends.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 19:30   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Yet they still don't think you should have a valid ID to vote.

Excellent point! Which brings to mind the madatory pile of paper I must sign so my kid can particpate in school sports.

IMO......I think there is a good chance that the Russian Hack excuse was a scam used to influence the decision to let DHS watch out for the countries best interest. Never let a false flag crisis go to waste.

Last edited by Paslode; 08-30-2016 at 19:35.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:46   #4
JimP
Quiet Professional

"Jeh" is quite possibly the stupidest idjit in the cabinet. I mean, full-retard dumb.

I was completely underwhelmed when I met him and heard him speak. I'd have preferred going to lunch with Al Sharpton - at least we'd get us some good fried chicken and crack.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:57   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
"Jeh" is quite possibly the stupidest idjit in the cabinet. I mean, full-retard dumb.

I was completely underwhelmed when I met him and heard him speak. I'd have preferred going to lunch with Al Sharpton - at least we'd get us some good fried chicken and crack.
Concur. Zero serrations, liability-proof, take-out knife. "Geico. So simple even Jeh can do it."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:14   #6
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

That being the case, he is perfect for the job under the current administration. Clear at this point the chief divider and first term senator was looking for political compliance not individual skills, his perspective on American leadership is baffling to say the least.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:14   #7
35NCO
Guerrilla

Here is what will happen:

I predict Trump will dramatically win. Then FBI and Homeland will say the election was hacked and Clinton is the true winner.

OR

The election system is confirmed so compromised the only answer is Obama must serve a third term so they can figure out how to fix it.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:35   #8
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NCO View Post
Here is what will happen:

I predict Trump will dramatically win. Then FBI and Homeland will say the election was hacked and Clinton is the true winner.

OR

The election system is confirmed so compromised the only answer is Obama must serve a third term so they can figure out how to fix it.
Strike these words from record...

That's even to terrible a thought to even think of....

However, we do live in strange times.....
Old 08-31-2016, 13:36   #9
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

When voting requires the same scrutiny that a bank commands when cashing a 2nd party check, I'll believe that it is a legitimate method of electing a someone for a political office.

- Go Devil
Old 08-31-2016, 14:52   #10
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:

This has never been considered before and I think that it is time to address it legislatively. Perhaps the job falls to the Speaker of the House (third in line). In no way should the Administration be allowed to remain in control.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 15:19   #11
ddoering
Quiet Professional

DHS will ensure that there are proper election results.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 16:45   #12
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
This has never been considered before and I think that it is time to address it legislatively. Perhaps the job falls to the Speaker of the House (third in line). In no way should the Administration be allowed to remain in control.

Pat
But Pat, Paul Ryan is Obama's white twin brother, so I don't know if that would be any better or worse....seems more like a even trade to me.

Keep in mind Obama said he isn't leaving, he is being 'forced out'......unless maybe he can find an excuse to postpone his departure.

In addition to that USA Today proposed that 'A Candidate's Death Could Delay or Eliminate the Presidential Election'.

And on top of that there have been a ton of high ranking establishment tools that have said Trump will never be President.

With all that in mind, the idea of Commie/Muzzie/Slack Jaw Jeh taking over the election security reminds me of a quote allegedly from Joe Stalin comes to mind:

Quote:
The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.
I know...it can never happen here in the US. But then again that is what the majority of folks said about Obama, Trump, Gay Marriage and Transgender bathrooms.
Old 08-31-2016, 18:36   #13
35NCO
Guerrilla

Glebo, I know those ideas are terrible, but came to mind driving to work this morning....

I really do believe they are possible. It's really too perfect to not be considered. If it is as corrupt as we are to believe from such recent witness, then those are optimal solutions with reasonable threat, excuse, and powers. The hardcore liberals would follow that story hook line and sinker, as a conservative alt-right conspiracy theory.

Another thought was the election will be so close and so highly disputed the Supreme Court will split and will say that the total election process must be redone until completed to a satisfactory fashion. Again, Obama stays president.

Paslode, a sudden death is a very real and very disturbing thought. Before election or after. Chaos is always just a brief event away. We shall be very lucky if the voting just goes how it is meant to. But that seems impossible after seeing the strange events of the last two elections.

Last edited by 35NCO; 08-31-2016 at 18:47.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 19:17   #14
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
a sudden death is a very real and very disturbing thought.
Yes it is. Just ask Vince Foster and many others that have perished under the Clinton umbrella.
Old 08-31-2016, 20:19   #15
scooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

Pat
I head from an O5 a looooong time ago that Clinton tried to essentially declare the 2000 election null and void after the SCOTUS ruling with the intent of holding another election. The Pentagon rumor mill had it that the Joint Chiefs told him he was doing no such thing and they would intervene if he did. Something about the Constitution and all that....

I have no idea if that is true, and frankly I've always been skeptical, but the good LTC was adamant that it happened. It would be neat if there was any truth to it.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote