Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-11-2015, 21:58   #61
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
The inmates took over in the '70s. These are their progeny.

Pat
The 70's... Veit Nam, busing, the mini series Roots and middle school was a zoo rather than a center for education.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:38   #62
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

I'm still in contact with my best friend from High School who is a Professor in the Mathematics side of the house in MU. I was pulling info, not pushing just to try and understand his point of view and get a good understanding of the situation. In truth, he no longer sounds like the middle classed choir boy I knew back then. He rides a Honda for example,,,

The first key point he described to me was the "fear" that was prevalent on campus. This has been brewing for sometime in the midst of the roughly 37,000 students that attend either full or part time. He indicated the swastika incident was not an isolated event and that he remembered them when he was a student living in the dorms years ago. I guess in his time they didn't protest, they just ignored it and the "jack wagons" (his words) moved on. Today, he describes a very real uneasiness that has people on egg shells. Racism, gun violence, and the belief that MU could see the next mass shooting is very real to them. (his words) I asked him if he carried and his response was "No, I just know how to avoid making enemy's." He then added that he was "pretty sure " that students bring weapons and drugs on campus all the time but the campus police have been cracking down lately , also he tries not to make himself a target and is friendly to everyone. In other words, as a faculty member, he has already chosen to "Go Along", and I found that rather sad.

Another interesting note, the Deans have been encouraging the protesters during their hunger strike by "bringing them food, warmth, praying with them, etc." The Deans of course influence their respective schools, and the movement to oust the President and Chancellor most likely came from top down from the Deans level (my assessment), not bottom up from the grad student, with a Net Worth of 10 to 20 million depending on who you speak to, and his organized following of students. Oh, and he eluded to the fact that the events were organized. When asked by who he couldn't give me a definitive answer, but DID say that the "Lack of Leadership" (sound familiar?) from the top of MU supported why some Deans are stepping in and helping out by "Doing Something". This helps me understand why the lower faculty and football coach are acting as they are. The coach is trying to save his job, while the lower faculty are trying to improve theirs. The writing was on the wall before this ever hit the news for the rest of us to see. My mathematics professor/ friend has chosen to stay out of all of it, science and mathematics is less a socially sensitive area of study it seems. Based on his description and frustration with the situation it came across more of the old head in the sand technique, rather than get involved one way or the other.

This is my understanding of the situation from a faculty member nearing tenure, not the MSM. Sad state of affairs all around. My friend is truly unaware of his position, and responsibility in my humble opinion. I see this getting worse and replicating across other university's.

ALSO My opinion: Columbus MO is a nice sized University settled halfway in between KC and ST Louis on I-70. The town itself has been surrounded by farmland, red necks, and rural folks for as long as I can remember, just like many other major university's around the country. Local boys have been heading to college bars for college skirt for decades, as is the way of things. It's not KKK country like the rumors that originated and later retracted by the student president, never has been. (Dahlonega Ga, perhaps, but not Columbus Mo.). So whats changed with how issues were dealt with then versus now?

Real life UW going on here, we should take note. And if it is an example of the "Self Licking Ice Cream Cone" or "Chickens Coming Home to Roost", someone eventually will figure out how to leverage and harness that energy.

Meanwhile degrees from MU continues to devalue.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:59   #63
Paslode
Area Commander

KU appears to headed in the same direction as MU

http://www.kansan.com/news/in-an-eff...d73153c5f.html

http://www.infowars.com/university-o...roaggressions/

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ssion-pronouns

If my kid was heading to college KU and MU would not be options.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:39   #64
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
KU appears to headed in the same direction as MU

http://www.kansan.com/news/in-an-eff...d73153c5f.html
Seriously, this is the best description of the event that we get?

Quote:

As an African American student on campus, Ebony Onianwa, a junior from Wichita, remembers being in chemistry lab and having her comments dismissed because of her race.

“It affected me a lot more when I was a freshman and a sophomore,” she said. “I remember in my chemistry lab, I knew what was going on, but they wouldn’t listen to me. It was like, ‘Oh, she doesn’t know anything about science.’ It was so frustrating, and I still remember that and it just makes me so angry.”

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:28   #65
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Spreading to campuses across America. Now Mizzou really feels like a trial run. Ithaca college pulls the same stunt to fire the President.

Meanwhile, students insist that their fears of online 'threats' permit them to insist a test be rescheduled. Professor resigns when social media hounds him for the desicion to hold the test and for the students to stand up to bullies. LINK

And here is a perfect summary of the liberal view regarding racsim; you may not be racist but you are guilty of it for participating in society. LINK

Quote:
This “critical race theory” concept — one at the heart of whiteness studies — is perhaps the hardest for most people to understand, MacMullan said. Namely, it’s entirely possible and in fact, normal, to not personally be a racist while still being complicit in a racist culture.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:06   #66
cbtengr
Area Commander

This “critical race theory” concept — one at the heart of whiteness studies — is perhaps the hardest for most people to understand, MacMullan said. Namely, it’s entirely possible and in fact, normal, to not personally be a racist while still being complicit in a racist culture.

In other words all us white folks are guilty.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:50   #67
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Spreading to campuses across America. Now Mizzou really feels like a trial run. Ithaca college pulls the same stunt to fire the President.

Meanwhile, students insist that their fears of online 'threats' permit them to insist a test be rescheduled. Professor resigns when social media hounds him for the desicion to hold the test and for the students to stand up to bullies. LINK

And here is a perfect summary of the liberal view regarding racsim; you may not be racist but you are guilty of it for participating in society. LINK
Having studied the Great Wars before and knowing the sacrifices made by so many to be victorious regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status and privilege...

I find myself deliriously satisfied that the next Great War will be shared so equally amongst our great and diverse nation.

Because in light of Veterans Day yesterday the previous Great Wars were decidedly one sided and the burden of war was foisted upon predominantly one class and one race. I'm certain of it now, that they gave all for an ungrateful nation of privileged and protected classes of undeserving little shits.

Ish Allah, (God Willing) ISIS is an equal opportunity male chauvinistic, raping, murdering, anti-feminist, anti-gay, sodomizing boys and animals, and culturally and religiously against everything but Islam.

So when the bullets start flying maybe we will be able to forget all our petty differences and band together one more time. Only with diversity and an equal share of the bloodshed.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:52   #68
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
Local boys have been heading to college bars for college skirt for decades, as is the way of things. It's not KKK country like the rumors that originated and later retracted by the student president, never has been. (Dahlonega Ga, perhaps, but not Columbus Mo.). So whats changed with how issues were dealt with then versus now?
Ouch, I have been to every nook and cranny of Dawhlonegah, Jewjuh for over 7 years and I can tell you with volition that it's no KKK capital. It ain't deliverance either. Meth capital, maybe...but that's another story

Someone wise once taught me, expectation is invitation. Yes, well-meaning people told me all the time to be careful of those confederate flag waving crowd. Well, guess what....I still talked to them, did tutoring together, learned how to sling lead from them, and eventually became monthly guest instructor at a shooting club. Never once felt discriminated. The well-meaning people? They pulled race cards, never associated, and attributed their own doing to "whiteness" Just like another thread here about the jazz player who converted KKK members, reconciliation has to start with a common ground. When each party focuses on division, vilifying and "ethnic study" more, all we got is more disenfranchised hyphenated-American.

And if we want to talk racism, I would consider "white" less racist than plenty Asians, Indians, Arabs I've come across

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 14:53   #69
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Fitting new logo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 195568_5_.jpg (94.8 KB, 48 views)
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 15:19   #70
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
In other words all us white folks are guilty.
There ya go.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 15:23   #71
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Fitting new logo!
Sorta funny - given that progressives have "rained all over their parade" and the admonitions from my youth to "avoid the yellow snow".
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 18:47   #72
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Start canceling varsity sports and eliminating athletic scholarships.

I strongly suspect that nothing in a school's mission statement says anything about TV revenue and varsity sports.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 19:37   #73
cbtengr
Area Commander

If all of these students feel so threatened at these predominately white colleges perhaps they should consider the alternative.

Historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) are U.S. higher education institutions that were established prior to 1964 with the intention of offering accredited, high-quality education to African American students. These schools do, however, admit students of all races. The 106 HBCUs across America include public and private schools, 2-year and 4-year schools, and professional schools. There are more than a hundred HBCUs among top U.S. colleges and universities today.

http://www.bestcolleges.com/features...lack-colleges/
Old 11-12-2015, 20:45   #74
tonyz
Area Commander

Interesting glimpse into how some currently in college view our country...patience...it's painful but insightful...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmji36...ature=youtu.be

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 21:37   #75
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Interesting glimpse into how some currently in college view our country
Yes and no. My son is currently in college, well, actually, not at the moment, he's had to take two weeks off to go to Annual Training for the CO National Guard. And he's not the only one. They just don't get face time on TV.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote