Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-10-2015, 21:16   #46
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Had the football coach had any integrity he would not have sided with his team, he would have maybe headed them in a better direction. I have to wonder who organized the FB team? This bunch did not come up with this idea on their own and obviously the head coach felt pretty secure in his decision to back them. I think the president should have sacked him before his resignation.
My wife had the best solution I've heard. The president should have stayed on through the weekend to call their bluff. If the football team had played, they lose. If they didn't, ain't no one going to the NFL.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 21:21   #47
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Not much of a discussion about the issue of the day, more of the liberal argument that goes like " Shut up, no it's not, your wrong, blah blah blah". My goodness it's a University and even young adults are entitled to adult conversations but the victim mentality will not allow that, they have backed themselves into a corner and are unable to communicate anything but how they feel.

Further more I am struck by what pansy's they are, the first university protest/demonstration I witnessed was when it came out that Nixon had bombed Cambodia, I plopped my young self down in between the State Patrol and the protesters and I'll tell you what it looked nothing like these silly students. A rich and diverse experience in life will put their tribulations into perspective. I am also struck with the notion of how bad they would think it was to live into the world they claim to aspire to.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:34   #48
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

This, ladies and gents, is the perfect example of the preverbial "Self Licking Icecream Cone"

We have college staff and professors create these little marxist "useful idiots", they unleash them upon us. After we have been "punished", they turn around and eat their own.

I freakin' love it!

It's like watching Ebola ransack a village. It kills the entire village then burns itself out! These "bastions of higher learning" will eat themselves to death.

Sit back and enjoy the show.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:46   #49
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Had the football coach had any integrity he would not have sided with his team, he would have maybe headed them in a better direction. I have to wonder who organized the FB team? This bunch did not come up with this idea on their own and obviously the head coach felt pretty secure in his decision to back them. I think the president should have sacked him before his resignation.
The coach knows that if he didn't side with the players his head would've been on the chopping block right next to the president's.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:55   #50
BrokenSwitch
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
The coach knows that if he didn't side with the players his head would've been on the chopping block right next to the president's.
I don't know much about sports, but I know there's a balance between how much you want to get paid (or think you can get paid), and how much you'll tolerate before looking elsewhere for that paycheck.

If the coach jumped off this runaway train, where could he go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr
Had the football coach had any integrity he would not have sided with his team, he would have maybe headed them in a better direction.
Makes you wonder who's leading whom?

Last edited by BrokenSwitch; 11-11-2015 at 09:00.
BrokenSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:00   #51
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenSwitch View Post
I don't know much about sports, but I know there's a balance between how much you want to get paid (or think you can get paid), and how much you'll tolerate before looking elsewhere for that paycheck.

If the coach jumped off this runaway train, where could he go?
Especially after being labelled a racist on all major media outlets - who would want to take on all the drama?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:41   #52
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

This is starting to smell like a pre-election test run.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43   #53
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

He he he.
Look at all the smart liberated folks spreading tolerance and coexistence.

miclo18d is right, this is enjoyable.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:45   #54
Lan
Guerrilla Chief

I had hoped Tim Wolfe would've called Jonathan Butler's hunger strike bluff before he resigned.
Old 11-11-2015, 13:26   #55
Guy
Quiet Professional

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
I had hoped Tim Wolfe would've called Jonathan Butler's hunger strike bluff before he resigned.
Hunger strike my ass....

Quote:
Graduate student Jonathan Butler; He's a member of a prominent Omaha family. The newspaper says that Butler's father is Eric L. Butler, executive vice president for sales and marketing for the Union Pacific Railroad. His 2014 compensation was $8.4 million, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 13:29   #56
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Hunger strike my ass....
His idea of a hunger strike is having to eat potted meat and Vienna sausages....

Hunger strike....yeah!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 14:14   #57
Box
Quiet Professional

I'd like to see disgruntled athletes completely bring down aMEricas university systeml; nothing would be finer than to see this explode and go nation wide...

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Clemson shut down because the football team decides the governor hasnt fixed racism yet?
Maybe we could see Notre Dame force an minimum wage increase before the Fighting Irish return to the field!!!
The Crimson Tide can finally fix the problem with police brutality by refusing to play until the Chief of Police jumps off a bridge!!!

I hope the young minds that these stupid fucking university administrators have spent the last three decades brain washing, rise up and dismantle every brick in the college.

...you dont want to appoint a chancellor that meets the student bodies expectations.
NO.FUCKING.PROBLEM

We will strike. Social Justice motherfuckers... a truck load of cis-gendered, entitled bullies made an offensive remark and I will not stop until I get satisfaction!!!
Your sports program will crumble when we stop playing and your millions of dollars donated by the alumni will stop.

I hope they protest until the university system cant afford to ignore us any longer and they are forced to submit to EVERY desire floated by the poor oppressed young students.
DO.AS.WE.SAY
...or we will strike

I hope these fucking lunatics destroy the very foundation of the aMErican institution of higher education.

BRICK.BY.BRICK

Academia has spent decades filling these thick skulls full of mush - teaching them that THIS is how you get things done. Well, now everyone can see exactly the type of mush that they have learned in the all inclusive, free speech but dont offend me, university system. How surprising that these SJW's are voraciously biting the hands that feed them.

I hope every single "educator" that has ever used the podium as a bully pulpit for putting agendas in the head of the student body instead of simple adcademic fact is shaking in their boots with the new found proof that the student body can simply refuse to play football...
...and you are fucking done!

The "I told you so" is so sweet.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 11-11-2015 at 14:29.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 16:51   #58
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
The "I told you so" is so sweet.
QSL - I wonder if a revered point-guard is too tall to work the drive-up window...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 21:31   #59
Paslode
Area Commander

The head shit stirrer in the show is Payton Head. After he essentially screamed FIRE in the theater today via Twitter and Twitchy that KKK was on the campus I don't see how or way this ass clown isn't behind bars let alone allowed within a mile of campus.

The Gateway Pundit is reporting that this asshole meet with the Obama back 2011.

I also read that the Click girl resigned her courtesy appointment but kept her office as mass media professor.

I would like to know who is calling the shots at MU, because it looks like the inmates have taken over the asylum. This is too fucking funny.
Old 11-11-2015, 21:48   #60
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
...because it looks like the inmates have taken over the asylum.
The inmates took over in the '70s. These are their progeny.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote