Area Commander

These protesters are idiots....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlRAyulN4o

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:47   #32
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

the slippery slopped is greased with the drool of the window licking morons that support leftists/redcoats.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 13:16   #33
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Obama has yet to be accepted as black by the black community, UNLESS a non-black person is criticizing him.

Carson is not black either. I guess we will never have a black president.
You have obviously forgotten who the real first black president was, Bill Clinton.
Old 11-10-2015, 13:29   #34
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

So I missed it, did the faculty, staff, professors and students show up this morning like nothing happened yesterday?

That's a pretty big burden for the President to have carried around on his shoulders and his shoulders alone.

And "Atlas Shrugged" just a little more...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 14:56   #35
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE: I just want to say how extremely hurt and disappointed I am. Last night as I walking through campus, some guys riding on the back of a pickup truck decided that it would be okay to continuously scream N***r at me.

I am stuck at the beginning of this sad story, stumped at what on earth N***r could stand for.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 16:23   #36
Sdiver
Area Commander

Dontchya just love it when Karma comes a callin' ....

Quote:
Univ. of Missouri Journalism Dean Issues Statement on Prof. Intimidating Reporter

The dean of the University of Missouri School of Journalism has issued a statement about a viral video that features a mass media professor requesting “muscle” to forcibly stop a reporter from covering protests.

The viral video by Mark Schierbecker has received over 600,000 views since it was uploaded yesterday. In the video, Schierbecker captures student journalist Tim Tai as he is confronted by protesters who refuse to let him go through the “human shield” and into the “safe space.”

Tai unsuccessfully tried to reason with the protesters by informing them that he has a First Amendment right to report at the public university.

At the end of the video, Schierbecker identifies himself as a member of the media and requests to interview assistant mass media professor Melissa Click.

Click told Schierbecker he needs to “get out” and asks for individuals to provide “muscle” to eject him.

University of Missouri School of Journalism Dean David Kurpius began his statement on the incident by commending Tai’s professionalism.

Kurpius wrote, “The news media have First Amendment rights to cover public events. Tai handled himself professionally and with poise.”

Kurpius also clarified Click’s role in the School of Journalism.

“[F]or clarification, Assistant Professor Melissa Click, featured in several videos confronting journalists, is not a faculty member in the Missouri School of Journalism.”

However, “She is a member of the MU Department of Communication in the College of Arts and Science. In that capacity she holds a courtesy appointment with the School of Journalism.”

As a result of the actions on Monday, Kurpius claims, “Journalism School faculty members are taking immediate action to review that appointment."

“The events of Nov. 9 have raised numerous issues regarding the boundaries of the First Amendment,” he added. “Although the attention on journalists has shifted the focus from the news of the day, it provides an opportunity to educate students and citizens about the role of a free press.”

The University of Missouri School of Journalism is regarded as one of the top journalism school country.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 16:54   #37
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Let me just review for my own understanding...

So somebody named Schierbecker filmed somebody named Tim Tai who was trying to make his way into a safe space to ask some folks a question or two.

The safe space participants did not recognize his First Amendment right, because, hey, its a SAFE space!

So then Schierbecker tries to interview someone named Assistant Professor Melissa Click, and she doesn't grant him his First Amendment right either.

So now Assistant Professor Melissa Click is in trouble for refusing Shierbecker into her SAFE space, but the students SAFE space is still sacred.

What I'm really wondering about besides what the fuck is going on elsewhere in the world that the news decides its campus protest week is...

how the fuck do you find a book that wasn't written by Dr Seuss that has characters named Tai, Shierbecker and freaking Assistant Professor Melissa Click!!!???

Lil Timmy Tai and Melissa Click went up a hill...
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 16:55   #38
pyreaux
Guerrilla

Looks like quite a few assault and battery charges could be filed for each person documented physically contacting him, despite his continued request to stop. Beat them at their own game.
pyreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 17:23   #39
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
Let me just review for my own understanding...

So somebody named Schierbecker filmed somebody named Tim Tai who was trying to make his way into a safe space to ask some folks a question or two.

The safe space participants did not recognize his First Amendment right, because, hey, its a SAFE space!

So then Schierbecker tries to interview someone named Assistant Professor Melissa Click, and she doesn't grant him his First Amendment right either.

So now Assistant Professor Melissa Click is in trouble for refusing Shierbecker into her SAFE space, but the students SAFE space is still sacred.

I heard Schierbecker interviewed on Dana Loesch's radio show this afternoon and he said that he showed up because of a press release sent out by Click herself. Tai works for the school newspaper. Looks like she may have set up this little tussle.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 18:42   #40
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

She wanted journalists and people to talk about them to the nation and world without talking to them because they were to busy being self-important to take questions that may cloud the messaage to fire the President.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 18:51   #41
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Seems the Democratic race baiters were lighting their torches and sharpening pitchforks ahead of time. Also, Prof. Glick is beginning to look like an instigator to a riot of her own making.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ty-of-missouri

If the football coach and coaching staff have any integrity at all they should cancel the rest of the season and tell all them players they lost their scholarships. (But that 'll never happen- which is likely the reason the president had to step down.)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 11-10-2015, 20:10   #42
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Seems the Democratic race baiters were lighting their torches and sharpening pitchforks ahead of time. Also, Prof. Glick is beginning to look like an instigator to a riot of her own making.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ty-of-missouri

If the football coach and coaching staff have any integrity at all they should cancel the rest of the season and tell all them players they lost their scholarships. (But that 'll never happen- which is likely the reason the president had to step down.)
Had the football coach had any integrity he would not have sided with his team, he would have maybe headed them in a better direction. I have to wonder who organized the FB team? This bunch did not come up with this idea on their own and obviously the head coach felt pretty secure in his decision to back them. I think the president should have sacked him before his resignation.
Old 11-10-2015, 20:39   #43
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I heard Schierbecker interviewed on Dana Loesch's radio show this afternoon and he said that he showed up because of a press release sent out by Click herself. Tai works for the school newspaper. Looks like she may have set up this little tussle.

Pat
Maybe the all the goings on at KU amd MU are the intro the perfectly timed Shining Light a Concert.....

Quote:
Pharrell Williams, Bruce Springsteen and More to Put Spotlight on Race Relations During 'Shining a Light' Concert Special
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...en-john-legend
Old 11-10-2015, 20:44   #44
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Had the football coach had any integrity he would not have sided with his team, he would have maybe headed them in a better direction. I have to wonder who organized the FB team? This bunch did not come up with this idea on their own and obviously the head coach felt pretty secure in his decision to back them. I think the president should have sacked him before his resignation.
I agree, and would say what's been known for a long time. College/University football is bigger than academics.

It would be nice to see the governing body for collegiate football sanction the team and sack the coach but, that won't happen. Can only hope that the NFL won't draft any players that violated their contractual agreements. But, that's not likely to happen either.

Old 11-10-2015, 21:09   #45
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I guess the inmates are in charge of the asylum at Mizzou. I can see the same thing happening at the University of Iowa, the new president at Iowa is not a scholar he comes from the business world and he has been under attack from all sides since he was named. This sets quite a precedent with this resignation. It is not a perfect world for any of us regardless of our backgrounds.
That is the problem with the radical left.

When it is over.........it is just beginning.........

They even admit it, saying things after they get their way like "this is just the beginning!" Further paving the way for more ridiculous accusations and name calling based on the mentality that somewhere in our constitution, there is a clause the dictates that people have the right to "not be offended".

Im convinced that this generation has lost its way. Mainly due to the ideology that kids should fight anymore.

What ever happened to the days when you disagreed with someone and they pushed back that you could just hit them in the nose and that was the end of it?

Sad state of affairs we are in.

Oh wait, that must just be my white privilege.

This left is the biggest group of sore losers and sore winners on the face of the earth.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote