Old 07-15-2007, 20:08   #31
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

This Company SUCKKKSS!!!!!!!

My wife ordered my a ICE Belt last November and we have yet to get it from them. No returned Emails or Phone calls. She filed a BBB form.. still nothing. If you want their stuff, you better be on a Mil Contract or get from elsewhere.

My .02!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 23:53   #32
hoot72
Guerrilla

You can buy Crye uniforms in Bangkok though not the same quality of material..and it doesnt have the knee padding....
hoot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:56   #33
Fiercely Loyal
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll
AFMO sells the TRU Spec brand, it is not made in house.
I bought a pair of these and they are better than the ACUs. They are a bit heavier material and the Velcro in the pockets is much heavier duty.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00   #34
eggroll
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
This Company SUCKKKSS!!!!!!!

My wife ordered my a ICE Belt last November and we have yet to get it from them. No returned Emails or Phone calls. She filed a BBB form.. still nothing. If you want their stuff, you better be on a Mil Contract or get from elsewhere.

My .02!

which company sucks? If you're referring to Crye, they do not make the ICE belt, they make the BLAST belt which is markedly different
Old 07-21-2007, 22:19   #35
crash
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercely Loyal
I bought a pair of these and they are better than the ACUs. They are a bit heavier material and the Velcro in the pockets is much heavier duty.
I have a set as well, very impressed, material is tougher and more comfortable than the ACU.
Only bad part I've noticed is the velcrow goes completely across the cargo pockets, great for keeping things in, but hard to get the pocket open to get things out, loud too.

I still like buttons, buttons and the elastic cord would work nicley, perhaps work out a way to have the velcrow as a secondarly if you won't be needing acess?

I've tried finding a place the could sew buttons into my acu pockets in a way they wouldn't be seen but most say they don't have the equiptment to do it..
Old 07-22-2007, 10:11   #36
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll
which company sucks? If you're referring to Crye, they do not make the ICE belt, they make the BLAST belt which is markedly different
Egg,

I stand corrected.. Its Integrated Combat Equipment that Sucks. Your right on who make which belt. My wife ordered the one from ICE, their Combat ICE Belt.. All I can speak of is ordering through ICE. Never recieved my belt, and have called, emailed and done the BBB Memo.

I will say, the Crye items I have seen and used are great. Can't say which one they where all from. So many different Companies are buying their (Crye) Camo. Their Baby Armor is the heat. Got to see it and I like it. The side "Clips" are the only thing I didn't like really. But the end user said not problems with it during training. He liked it. From what I could tell, everyone did too.

VG

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 07-22-2007, 10:13   #37
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercely Loyal
I have two sets in OD I use for work sometimes. Good quality stuff. They are coming out with MC - in fact it is already out in at least one place.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13   #38
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

My only gripe with the Crye is the cost.

Damn, that stuff is pricey!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 17:17   #39
crash
Guerrilla

Has anyone here tried out the acual Crye MC uniforms??
How do the sizes run? I like the design but I have the feeling that due to the agressive cut they won't fit me very well as I have huge legs; even in acu's I have to get a size larger than my waist so they fit me in the legs.
Old 07-22-2007, 17:51   #40
TitratetoEffect
Quiet Professional

Crye MC uniforms

Crash,

The Combat Shirts run small so I had to get a size larger than my BDU's. I usually wear a Med Reg in BDU's and got a Large in Crye. Crye also makes the Combat Shirt so that it is loose fitting which I found better while wearing body armor. The tight fitting shirt is ok and it is similar to the fit of Under Armor with MC sleeves.

The pants run a little large. I wear between a 32 to 34 waist depending on how long I am home, and got a 32 Combat Pant. They are a little snug but loosen up once out in the field. I understand that they are redesigning the pants at this time, so I don't know what they are like yet. I may be getting them soon so I will let you know. I hope that helps.

Phil
Old 07-22-2007, 20:01   #41
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

I tried to order some Multi Cam Cordura from them three times. Every time they said my billing address was wrong. Thing is its the same address I use everywhere else with no problem. When I called the girl insisted I was the problem. I asked if she could please check because I use that address everywhere else. She insisted my address was wrong even after reading the correct address back to me.
I guess I will have to get the gear made in plain old Ranger Green. See what happens when one company controls the worlds Multi Cam. I miss the power I had with the Govt credit card. If it was a Govt credit card they would of had the president of Cry calling to apologize.
I use to love to watch the change of attitude in clerks when they realized you weren't just buying something for yourself but looking to outfit an entire Company with their product. Even thou it was a little more expensive we always would purchase locally before using the Internet. We liked supporting the local economy. Most times they matched the Internet prices when we told them this anyway.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:22   #42
Fiercely Loyal
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I have two sets in OD I use for work sometimes. Good quality stuff. They are coming out with MC - in fact it is already out in at least one place.
NDD,
I bought the OD and the MC. I liked the OD pair better because they were lighter than MC. MC pair were very similar to winter weight BDU trousers. I wore the OD pair for the same amount of time and they seemed to breathe more. www.LAPolicegear.com is where I made my purchase. MC was $65 just for the trousers though.

FL

Last edited by Fiercely Loyal; 07-23-2007 at 04:24.
Fiercely Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58   #43
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

I heard a rumor today and doubt it's authenticity but thought I would ask.

Is the Army moving to the multicam and getting rid of the ACU. I doubt it just because of the cost but would love for this rumor to be true.

Thanks

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 16:51   #44
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post

Is the Army moving to the multicam and getting rid of the ACU. I doubt it just because of the cost but would love for this rumor to be true.
Rumor I've heard is not the Amry but USSOCOM elements.

USSOCOM will fund the R&D then the Amry will pick up the fielding after we have gotten them. Well after every other USSOCOM unit then SF Grps will get them. My Rant.

But thats what I've heard.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 10-03-2007, 16:52   #45
37F5V
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Tab View Post

Thanks
I heard the exact same thing today from one of my SSGLs (from his BN S4)who is taking a Company in the 95th. Like you I am suspect due to the amount of money put into the ACU.