Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-17-2010, 15:41   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Army to Field MultiCam in Afghanistan

The owner of this website is a personal friend and gets info through his many contacts in the industry. Looks like Multi-Cam is the new camo for Afghan.

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/02/17...n-afghanistan/

Army to Field MultiCam in Afghanistan
February 17th, 2010

According to Army sources the Chief of Staff of the Army approved a plan today to field MultiCam to all Army forces in Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) beginning as soon as possible. This is implementation of the decision brief’s Course of Action 1 which called for the fielding of MultiCam to all Army personnel engaged in OEF. Other options offered to GEN Casey included fielding a less robust MultiCam package focused on ground maneuver elements as well as a plan to maintain the status quo. It is important to note that the decision to field MultiCam uniforms and equipment currently only affects forces operating in OEF.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 17:08   #2
jbour13
Area Commander

I know that we've been waiting on our fielding date for a month or so now.

SOF was leaning on this heavily and it seems it may have taken to the mainstream Army.

Good to see the guys get the necessary stuff to blend better.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 17:38   #3
JMonty
Asset

It's about time.

The addition of Multicam uniforms and equipment to our brothers over in Afghan-land is a good sign. They are getting the tools they need to do their jobs and kill the enemy. I don't want to say that you can't hit what you can't see (recon by fire, anyone), but it's deffinitely a step in the right direction.
JMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 15:56   #4
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Secretary of Army Approves Multicam for OEF
February 19th, 2010 LTC Cummings of the Army Public Affairs Office has confirmed that the Secretary of the Army, the Honorable John McHugh approved a plan today to begin the fielding of MultiCam uniforms and individual equipment as soon as possible. Sources have informed Soldier Systems Daily that the Army plans to begin issuing as early as July of this year for Afghanistan bound troops and to complete the initial fielding by May of 2011.

http://soldiersystems.net/

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 16:59   #5
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

I work with Marines. They are all big Multi Cam Fans. I told them this and they are very Jealouse..
Old 02-19-2010, 17:13   #6
C0B2A
Quiet Professional

This was such a common sense decision I for sure thought that they would not ever make the right one, but they did. I sure am glad this finally came about. Should have been Multicam from the start, we never should have put on ACUs.
Old 02-19-2010, 19:09   #7
18C4V
Quiet Professional

lol....so when is the SFLC coming out in MC?
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 19:14   #8
cback0220
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
lol....so when is the SFLC coming out in MC?
No kidding, I can't wait for the ass-pain of turning all our SFLC in and getting all new stuff.
Old 02-19-2010, 20:33   #9
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

That's part of the reason the SPEAR (SFLC) gear was coyote. The writing was on the wall a long time ago.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 20:43   #10
11B1P
Asset

This is great news! Now if we can just get rid of the velcro!!
"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men, and so it must be daily earned and refreshed-else like a flower cut from its life giving roots, it will wither and die" - Dwight D. Eisenhower
11B1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 20:50   #11
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B1P View Post
This is great news! Now if we can just get rid of the velcro!!
Would one catch to much heat for taking the velco off and placing buttons themselves? Do Rangers students still sew "Cat Eyes" on patrol caps using dental floss? Do you darn your own socks?

Last edited by wet dog; 02-19-2010 at 21:24.
Old 02-19-2010, 21:26   #12
11B1P
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
Would one catch to much heat for taking the velco off and placing buttons them selves? Do Rangers students still sew "Cat Eyes" on patrol caps using dental floss? Do you darn your own socks?
Sir,

I approached my chain of command about the buttons when I received my initial issue, and I was told I could not. Maybe this situation was one in which it would have been better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. As far as the "cat eyes", we are supposed to have those sewn on our assault packs now instead of our patrol caps, but we are National Guard RSTA and not Rangers, so they may still be able to do that. Back when I was active duty as an 11B1P, we were required to have the "cat eyes" on our PC's. But that was a long, long time ago.

Thank you for the suggestions, sir.
"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men, and so it must be daily earned and refreshed-else like a flower cut from its life giving roots, it will wither and die" - Dwight D. Eisenhower
11B1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 21:36   #13
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B1P View Post

Sir,

I approached my chain of command about the buttons when I received my initial issue, and I was told I could not. Maybe this situation was one in which it would have been better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
Sounds like you found the answer. I suggest to do whatever it takes to be more combat effective.