Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 03-26-2012, 10:18   #1
KP34
SF Candidate

Horsemen Training Program

I'm an 18x with about four months until OSUT. Started this program today and was hoping to get feed back from those wiser than myself as to its value as a prep program for SFAS and SFQC. I'm doing a separate Run/Ruck program to compliment it.

Also, I didn't find it in a search, so I thought anyone who hadn't seen it yet would be interested. This is why I put it in the PT/H2H section. It says in the description that it was made by Team guys, but I don't know if that means SF or SEALs. Anyway, any feed back from QPs would be greatly appreciated. I'm somewhat new, so if I've committed a breach of protocol I apologize, and will be humbly educated. The PDF was too large to attach, but the link below contains the program. Thanks.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/55818603/H...ng-Program-i-1
KP34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 16:55   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Yet another candidate who cannot be troubled to follow the PT program laid out by SWCS or to follow the link to it.

Drive on with your Horsemen program.

Best of luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01   #3
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

I would stick to the SFAS program, after SFAS the Horseman is an excellent program, I swap out between THOR3 and Horseman every 3-4 months, but save it till the Q-course and post SFAS.
Sonic03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:17   #4
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

See below

Last edited by Sonic03svtCobra; 10-16-2013 at 11:18.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:15   #5
KO Kid
SF Candidate

Been following this horseman and am seeing awesome results. Mostly a mental thing cause the workouts are so brutal
KO Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:17   #6
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

Since I have been getting a good amount of PM's for the Horseman Program
here it is, Mods I hope this ok with you, and if not I ask for forgiveness.
I also have a version w/o the pics, but why would anyone want that!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HORSEMEN TRAINING PROGRAM I.pdf (1.50 MB, 1313 views)

Last edited by Sonic03svtCobra; 10-16-2013 at 11:20.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:39   #7
Sonic03svtCobra
Quiet Professional

Here is a copy of the Military Athlete, biggest gains will be made by following the diet in the Military Athlete in conjunction with the Horseman workout.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MA Work Capacity.pdf (512.1 KB, 826 views)
Old 10-19-2013, 07:20   #8
Mike792
Quiet Professional

Good one TR. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Yet another candidate who cannot be troubled to follow the PT program laid out by SWCS or to follow the link to it.

Drive on with your Horsemen program.

Best of luck.

TR

Mike
Mike792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:06   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike792 View Post
Good one TR. I agree.
You can do all of the high speed wazoo PT programs that you want, AFTER you are selected and complete the SFQC.

Until then, I would focus on the recommended fitness program from SWCS.

Besides, as an 18X, you won't be doing anything fancy for the months you are at Basic, AIT, Airborne, and SOPC.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:17   #10
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP34 View Post
I'm an 18x with about four months until OSUT. Started this program today and was hoping to get feed back from those wiser than myself as to its value as a prep program for SFAS and SFQC. I'm doing a separate Run/Ruck program to compliment it.

Also, I didn't find it in a search, so I thought anyone who hadn't seen it yet would be interested. This is why I put it in the PT/H2H section. It says in the description that it was made by Team guys, but I don't know if that means SF or SEALs. Anyway, any feed back from QPs would be greatly appreciated. I'm somewhat new, so if I've committed a breach of protocol I apologize, and will be humbly educated. The PDF was too large to attach, but the link below contains the program. Thanks.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/55818603/H...ng-Program-i-1
KP good for you at least your liking down the road and doing something to get ready for OSUT. Between OSUT and Airborne school you will be in an Army program, once at Bragg and into SFOPC-1 and you will be doing all kinds of different PT. So you found something with what you have is great in my eyes. I would download the SFAS PT program and try it out. But doing something for OSUT is the right thing.

Good luck and keep your 50 meter targets up and engage them first.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote