Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 04-19-2011, 07:11   #46
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
... and asked, "Have we ever been married before?" She replied, "No, not that I can remember, enjoy the pie." I said, "Yes mam."

Fifteen minutes later, she returned informing me her shift was over and wondered if she could buy me a cup of coffee and sit awhile.

I politely accepted her offer,.....
Next time, try this one, "You remind me a lot of my second wife." When she asks how many times you've been married...say, "Just once."

Feel free to change the numbers to suit your personal experience.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 14:03   #47
MVP
Quiet Professional

Another one lost

The son of one of my co-workers attended the most recent SFAS. Claims he made it through but withdrew after they were told what to expect for the next months. Claims he was not aware of the impacts SF would have on his family life.

I know he spent months preparing for SFAS, can't understand how he missed the OPTEMPO issues...

MVP
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 14:23   #48
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Claims he made it through ...
Hmmmmm

I find it very difficult to believe he was not aware of the OPTEMPO .....

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 14:24   #49
Shadow1911
Asset

Luckily there are no quotas or slots in SFAS. It would be a shame if there was and he took one of them and then quit. Better then than finding it out once he was on a team. Somehow I doubt with that attitude that he could have completed the Q anyway.
"Unless you do your best, the day will come when, tired and hungry, you will halt just short of the goal you were ordered to reach, and by halting you will make useless the efforts and deaths of thousands." - Gen. George S. Patton
Shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 19:04   #50
Todd Eads
Asset

SF & Marriage

In '97, I had the opportunity to serve as XO at SOCCENT when BG Frank J. Toney was CG. (In 1993, I had met then-COL F.J. Toney, Cdr, 10th SFG(A), as I was preparing to deploy as DCO of Opn Provide Comfort.) When, in ' 97, during the initial conference with BG Toney at SOCCENT, he asked me how my wife was. I told hime"Well, General, she gave me a choice...it was either SF or it was her." I then told him, "General, I sure am gonna miss the ole gal!" He cracked up and then proceeded to tell me that he was on his 4th!!!! Know that now, I am happily married to my dear wife (married 09/01/01, then I was mobed for o'seas deployment for 2 years at the end of '01!!!! Tough woman!!) who has supported me for years (her Dad was a right gunner on a B-29 during WWII...so she know what it means to serve).

Good luck, just know that they are out there...
Todd Eads is offline   Reply With Quote