Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 23:11   #31
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03svtCobra View Post
I didn`t get beer or hotdogs, only a pulled pork sandwich. and yes I tossed him, wish that picture never got released.
Too funny, all that is important is, did you have fun?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:48   #32
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Teddy, just saw this post and wondered why you quoted me and then admonished QPs only?????
I screwed up,really wasn't admonishing you or the OP's......... Just trying to get across that Non-OP's ask all the questions they may have,just allow the QP's to be the only ones to provide the answers...........My apologies if it didn't come out that way............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
Old 06-25-2011, 05:54   #33
Druid5
FTFSI

1st CAV was pretty fast about pushing the new ALARACT around to everyone on BAF. ALARACT 239/2011 pretty much prohibits the wear of VFFs with the IPFU or when conducting PT in military formation.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:12   #34
head
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid5 View Post
1st CAV was pretty fast about pushing the new ALARACT around to everyone on BAF. ALARACT 239/2011 pretty much prohibits the wear of VFFs with the IPFU or when conducting PT in military formation.
You gotta be kidding me...

Please read the thread, or even the post above yours.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:18   #35
head
Quiet Professional

I would recommend to the VFF crowd to look at some of the other options out there for minimalist running shoes, such as the Merril Trail Glove which is what I use. They look like low cut shoes, you can wear socks if you need to, and don't look gay as AIDS (ref: helocast photo ). They have zero heel lift and a wide toe box so it feels like barefoot running, but won't piss off your commanders. As to selection, just buy a pair of frickin' sneakers and get selected, no one cares if you're part of a barefoot cult or whatever.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46   #36
Druid5
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by head View Post
You gotta be kidding me...

Please read the thread, or even the post above yours.
Meh.

It was a non-issue to begin with, just adding to it. If big Army feels the dire need to explicitly ban the shoes while in PTs via an ALARACT no less, whatever. I have a pair of the KSO Treks and they are really good shoes for trail running. I'll just end up using them while in civies.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:02   #37
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Meh.

It was a non-issue to begin with, just adding to it...
The only thing you added is your name to the list of people who cannot follow simple instructions.

1st of all, this thread is about VFF's at SFAS, not how they are received at 1st Cav. We couldn't care less how they are received by big Army.

Next, you need to read the rules a bit more closely.

This is a forum where civilians can "ask" the Special Forces soldiers past and present "Special Forces" related questions.

Those questions are then answered by Special Forces soldiers, period.

Questions asked by the general public should NOT be answered by the "general" public.

If you do not have the title of "Quiet Professional" you may ask a question, but leave the "answers" to the QP's.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...58&postcount=1

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 06-25-2011 at 09:05.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:48   #38
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Meh.

It was a non-issue to begin with, just adding to it. If big Army feels the dire need to explicitly ban the shoes while in PTs via an ALARACT no less, whatever. I have a pair of the KSO Treks and they are really good shoes for trail running. I'll just end up using them while in civies.
Hey Dumbass...

How about we make you posting a "non-issue"

Idiot...

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Old 06-25-2011, 11:07   #39
head
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Meh.

It was a non-issue to begin with, just adding to it.
I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink... however, waterboarding is a bitch.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:14   #40
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by head View Post
I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink... however, waterboarding is a bitch.

Old 06-25-2011, 16:53   #41
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

I have been thinking about this thread and for my 2 cents it should be ended. But that is just me.....
Old 06-25-2011, 17:10   #42
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Thread CLOSED!!!

Maybe someone will learn about who should, and should NOT reply in here!!