Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 04-12-2009, 15:59   #16
allester666
SF Candidate

Last update on the Garmont T8's

Just finished out the last phase with my Garmont T8's. They have served me well, very comfortable or as comfortable as can be with a big ruck on. I have covered my likes before, now my 2 major dislikes:

1.) The leather material is splitting and large holes are forming on the left boot about where my large and pinky toe are. This is the case for my 1+ year old pair and my brand new less than 3 months old pair. I could potentially expect that from the old pair but its unacceptable for the new ones.

2.) The rubber sole tends to be very slick on creek bed rocks. I know what your thinking, that all boots are slick on algae covered wet rocks, but IMHO bellville's win that category hands downs.

Overall great pair of boots for my feet. O and they dry out extremely fast, just wring out your inserts, put on some fresh socks and walk 'em dry.
Old 05-03-2009, 17:10   #17
ESPI13
SF Candidate

I know we are beating a dead horse here, but I am going to give my .02 about Garmont. I have had these boots for about a year now. Literally no break-in period. Wore them for the first time about a week before SUT and had no problems while at SUT. I second the opinion about them being a little difficult to lace quickly, but not too bad. After wearing them through SUT and SERE, they did take on a darker color that makes them unacceptable around the flag pole, yet they are still my regular range and field boots. I have heard a lot of talk about the dreaded stitching and toe-cup hole. My buddy had this happen and contacted Garmont about it. They told him to send them in and sent him a new pair. No questions asked and no receipt needed either. This again was not my direct experience, but a friend's experience. This to me shows Garmont's dedication to customer satisfaction, which is a hard thing to find these days. Just something to take into consideration. Good Luck