Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-11-2017, 07:30   #61
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Seems like a bandaid over the damage done the last 8 years

I have no issue with this uniform I have an issue that with all of our current issues that need fixed this falls to the bottom on the priorities

Once again the troops.come first they.are really being considerate of the cost....the tactic of introducing more stressors to take our focus away from the real issues is nothing new.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:25   #62
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Someone in the 5-sided outhouse must have a friend up North??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Army

New special forces uniform a throwback to Second World War Devil’s Brigade

The new duds for Canada's top soldiers are part of a wider effort to assign unique dress to special forces and visibly identify the command’s 'distinct nature'

The top soldiers of Canada’s special forces have been issued new uniforms that harken back to those worn by the famed Devil’s Brigade of the Second World War.

The new duds, officially called the Distinctive Environmental Uniform or DEU, are part of a wider effort to assign unique dress to special forces and visibly identify the command’s “distinct nature” within the military, Maj. Alex Cadieux, a spokesman for the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command, noted in an email.

“The distinct uniform serves to identity Canadian Special Operations Forces Command as the fourth Canadian Armed Forces environment and strengthen organizational morale and cohesion across CANSOFCOM,” Cadieux said.

The uniforms will be issued to those who are considered “operators” within the command, meaning they have done unique special forces training and can take on front-line roles.

The uniforms would be worn at events such as ceremonial and routine parades, Remembrance Day, and for guards of honour.

The DEU uses existing Canadian military design patterns but has the same color scheme as those uniforms worn during the Second World War by the joint U.S.-Canadian First Special Service Force. That unit has been dubbed the Devil’s Brigade, and Canadian special forces say they trace their lineage back to those 1940s-era soldiers. First Special Service Force-style boots are also being worn by Canadian special forces.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...devils-brigade
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canuck uniforms.jpg (70.3 KB, 127 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 16:32   #63
Badger52
Area Commander

POTUS at the Army-Navy game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewUniforms.JPG (45.4 KB, 125 views)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 22:57   #64
PRB
Quiet Professional

I like it..... that Blues abomination looks like a cross between a waiter and a Libyan dictator.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:36   #65
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I like it..... that Blues abomination looks like a cross between a waiter and a Libyan dictator.
Heh. Best definition of that POS uniform I've seen.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21   #66
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
And every time they come up with a new chrome plated qual badge for something it it gets worse.
I can’t think of anything more hideous looking than a green beret worn with blues.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:58   #67
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Notices that the badge seemed small on the crush cap. Looks like there were at least two sizes in the WWII timeframe. I suspect because uniforms were privately sourced, as opposed to today's mass bazillion dollar contracts.

Here is a reference vid on the topic. A bit long at 57+ minutes..

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=m-HCUjBq26I

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:59   #68
sefryak
Quiet Professional

I think they look fantastic, better than either of their precursors. My only gripe would be the likely continued use of a name badge. They look awful imo, tacky and cheap.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:22   #69
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefryak View Post
My only gripe would be the likely continued use of a name badge. They look awful imo, tacky and cheap.
I remember thinking in West Berlin a long time ago how not wearing that name plate (was a Berlin thing) really cleaned up the Class A's of the time.

Last edited by Badger52; 12-26-2018 at 20:43. Reason: repaired double-tap
Old 12-26-2018, 17:26   #70
scooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefryak View Post
I think they look fantastic, better than either of their precursors. My only gripe would be the likely continued use of a name badge. They look awful imo, tacky and cheap.
May your wish be granted!

The new greens appear to be copying the Corps’ uniform - no name tags!
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 19:59   #71
abc_123
Quiet Professional

I am close enough to retiring to be planning for it, but the new uniform has me considering an irrational expenditure to buy it.

The Army deserves a service dress uniform that looks respectable and displays the unit with which the Service Member is currently serving. We also deserve a distinctive semi-formal dress uniform that has it's own distinctive history and which is on par with our sister services.

In spite of it's failings, I still can't help but have some love for the Army.. even if she doesn't love me back.