Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-10-2017, 08:55   #46
Guy
Quiet Professional

Red face No thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Just thinking the same thing.

There should not be separate uniforms for different genders. The human body formerly known as female demands equality with the human body formerly known as male, thus no difference in uniforms, hats, shoes, underwear or anything else that may cause confusion about the wearer's human body perceived or actual birth chromosomes.
I tried on my wife's thong for shits & grins and it was horribly uncomfortable; I'll just stick with the "commando" style briefs.

Gender neutral? I'm not even entertaining that idea or catchphrase.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:10   #47
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I tried on my wife's thong for shits & grins and it was horribly uncomfortable; I'll just stick with the "commando" style briefs.

I am sure a male thong would be a lot more comfortable.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:49   #48
Guy
Quiet Professional

Red face Ain't no way in this lifetime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I'd free-ball-it before ever wearing one of those things!

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 13:21   #49
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
LOL...OK are you sure we are talking about "Uniforms" and not something a "Male Dancer" would wear?....Hummmm

Quote:
I'd free-ball-it before ever wearing one of those things!
Waaaaaa HaaaaaHaaaaa......Nice....LOL

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 13:36   #50
Box
Quiet Professional

How this topic evolved from the state of US Army dress uniform fashion and style into a discussion on the viability of a man thong as an acceptable undergarment has me quite unsettled.

The uninvited mental image of GMFJ in a thong is just too much for my stomach to handle. I think instead of eating spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight, I am going to be having a plateful of Tums in a low calorie Pepto-Bismol sauce.

To paraphrase Mahatma Gandhi, "I know, to banish this thong image altogether from one's memory is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace."

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...
...amen
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 14:14   #51
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The uninvited mental image of GMFJ in a thong is just too much for my stomach to handle. I think instead of eating spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight, I am going to be having a plateful of Tums in a low calorie Pepto-Bismol sauce.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti...
...amen
Well maybe..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 14:16   #52
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:

I knew it....... and suspected it for the last 10-15 years..........
Old 10-10-2017, 14:18   #53
Badger52
Area Commander

Some things, once imagined, cannot be unimagined.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 15:03   #54
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Sorry, but I'm going to hijack the Male Thong thread and comment on the uniform issue.

l like them. I'm getting real short but would gladly buy this uniform simply because our current blue class B and A uniform looks that bad. Can't go back to the greens because that would be too much of a spotlight on the decision making process that led us to where we are now.

Class A - Unit patch back on the uniform shoulder. Combat patch on the shoulder. I'm assuming officer rank would be on the shoulders a la the greens. Not sure where the officer rank on the class B's would be? (epaulettes? collar?) Doesn't show. Stripes on the class B sleeves where they belong, IMO.

Return the blues to being a more formal uniform as it was pre-war (1940?) and then again post-war until the greens went away. Yes its a second uniform (and now shoes?) from the Class A, but I think that having a formal uniform isn't all bad. Or you just kill it and do without a Dress Blue uniform in between the A's and Mess Dress....but if that's the case then all that will mean is that Officers will end up all buying Mess uniforms and we'll be right back to the same place as before.
Old 10-10-2017, 15:14   #55
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I'd like to see the current dress blues disappear, and go from the greens&pinks up to blue mess waistcoat.

Old 10-10-2017, 16:27   #56
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I'd like to see the current dress blues disappear, and go from the greens&pinks up to blue mess waistcoat.
I'd like to see the greens/pinks/Khaki look too.....I think Blue Mess is fine for the Officer Corps....they like that shit.

I never met an enlisted guy that gave a shit about dress blues of any type....I'd have rather of worn my class A's to ANY event.

Enlisted E1 to E9 do not need a 'formal blues' uniform....waste of money.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 20:53   #57
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I'd like to see the greens/pinks/Khaki look too.....I think Blue Mess is fine for the Officer Corps....they like that shit.

I never met an enlisted guy that gave a shit about dress blues of any type....I'd have rather of worn my class A's to ANY event.

Enlisted E1 to E9 do not need a 'formal blues' uniform....waste of money.
SGM,

No issue with your opinion (we are talking CLOTHES), but regarding your experience...

Maybe you never met an Enlisted man who gave a shit about dress blues of any type, but if they didn't exist, why did we change? (open question to anyone) So much of the reason for eliminating the Greens and combining them with the Blues was to reduce the cost of having to purchase the blues, and/or sew on new unit patches when PCSing and to (in my words only) make the career Enlisted soldiers who did not purchase the Dress Blue uniform for wear at formal functions feel less like second class citizens... Even though Class A's with bow ties were ALWAYS acceptable (in my experience). Now I will admit, it did stigmatize senior career NCOs who decided not to make a one time purchase of Dress Blues in the same manner that it would/did stigmatize Junior Officers who also did not purchase Blues (even though all JO's were practically marched to the Marlow White dude at some point).
Old 10-10-2017, 22:33   #58
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
SGM,

No issue with your opinion (we are talking CLOTHES), but regarding your experience...

Maybe you never met an Enlisted man who gave a shit about dress blues of any type, but if they didn't exist, why did we change? (open question to anyone) So much of the reason for eliminating the Greens and combining them with the Blues was to reduce the cost of having to purchase the blues, and/or sew on new unit patches when PCSing and to (in my words only) make the career Enlisted soldiers who did not purchase the Dress Blue uniform for wear at formal functions feel less like second class citizens... Even though Class A's with bow ties were ALWAYS acceptable (in my experience). Now I will admit, it did stigmatize senior career NCOs who decided not to make a one time purchase of Dress Blues in the same manner that it would/did stigmatize Junior Officers who also did not purchase Blues (even though all JO's were practically marched to the Marlow White dude at some point).
The uniform changed because the powers that be felt like it...there was no valid reason. Look what we did.
If dress blues were not an enlisted uniform no one would be a second class citizen.
The uniform today looks like a clown suit...neither fish nor fowl...a conglomeration of class A and formal wear that translates to bad taste.
I think Doorman or Band member when I see it.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 00:57   #59
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I think Doorman or Band member when I see it.
Sorry, Pat, I think of this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RIP.jpg (100.1 KB, 76 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:30   #60
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Not a fan of the current dress blues,, BUT

There are small niche venues where "blues" are historically correct.

The 1st Cavalry Division Horse Cavalry Detachment wares a traditional two tone blue with yellow braces.

The ANC Honor Guard uses the less traditional but current blues.

The 1st Cav will not change, and I don't think the ANC Cav should..